Motorola / scam

I purchased a brand new Motorola Cliq as an upgrade to my account after becoming a premier customer with T-Mobile after 3 years of loyal service. I was told i would receive a 150.00 plus discount for the purchase of the phone through T-Mobile. I went to T-mobile, was charged $150 and an additional 140 on top of being bound into a new 2 year contract. I have also been paying for insurance through T-Mobile for protection for my phone for 3 years.

After only 2 weeks, the glass on the phone broke. When I contacted T-Mobile attempting to get my phone repaired, T-Mobile rushed me to their insurance department who was quick to inform me that it would be $130 to get my phone repaired, Motorola only wanted $70 when it should have been repaired for free due to the manufacturers defect.

Motorola told me to originally send the phone to them after a one hour wait on hold and being bounced from dept to dept, I was told the phone would be a warranty repair since it is only 2 weeks old, and they told me I would have my phone back in 6-7 days repaired. I sent the phone to them, and I got in back in 6 days, the same way I sent it out. Oh, they also sent me a coupon offering a 15% discount to buy a new phone directly from them, and a note saying that the phone can not be repaired under warranty???? After they said they would and I incurred the expense of overnight shipping to send it to them. So I got back on the phone with Motorola, after 2 hours of being bounced around, hung up on, and getting dribble from sales techs, I received another RMA # and the pleasure of paying a 2nd cost for overnight shipping, plus an additional $70 to get the phone repaired.

Ti

Comments

• Ai
      15th of Feb, 2010

How did the glass break?

• I0
      15th of Feb, 2010

initially the phone would not be able to be repaired under warranty bcus the manufacturer does consider that physical damage which does have to go through the insurance company (i work for them but i do tmobile claims) but they shouldn't have told you that they would fix it for free! that was wrong and totally out of character...i can't understand why they would lie. and tmobile does have high deductibles for advanced phones just like at&t...i say you fight this with the manufacturer. let me know what happens please!!!