Morrisons / saving stamp scheme

1 Rotherham, England, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

My mother and sister collect saving stamps all year to spend at Christmas. It's just come to light that if you don't spend the full value of your stamps, no change is given. As an example, my mum had £100 in saving stamps and her shopping came to £45. This means you would have kept the £55 in change. This is daylight robbery as you've had the money off her all year and believe that you're able to rob customers of their change.if it was just a £1 per customer, how much would you be robbing off your customers, which you'd be profiting already from. My mum and sister have done their shopping at Morrisons for year and you feel it's right to treat them in this manner. I understand policies do change, but customers should be advised this before hand and the policy you've introduced amounts to robbery. I would like a reply to this email to give you an opportunity to put this right before I take this to trading stands. It was a good job my mum had the cash on her to pay, but others may not have done and been left in an embarrassingly situation. Kind regards.

Sh
Dec 23, 2018

Comments

• It
      23rd of Feb, 2019

Just seen this post. Sorry, She woman, but it clearly states under the Terms and Conditions on the back of the card that no change is given. I got over this by filling up two cards to the half way mark, so still got the value of saving £100 worth of stamps throughout the year, but was able to use them on two different shopping expeditions - I simply lost £1 in the bonus stamp. I have noticed, however, that this year I have been given a card that only goes up to £49, so maybe enough people felt as you did.