Microsoft Corporation / xbox one

1 United States

I just spoke with Andres of your escalation team who has advised me Microsoft refuses to refund the disputed charges. Apparently this is because Microsoft feels my prior conversation with Rion did not entail him telling me he had updated parental controls and put the Xbox one in my name. In other words, it is Microsoft's position that I am lying, my child is lying, and that it is fair to keep almost $60.00 when I disputed one of the charges the SAME day it was charged. I have also been advised that MS does not record phone calls, nor have the "resources" to track up addresses and monitor for fraud. As someone who manages an entire Fraud Detection unit for a technology organization far smaller than MS, I find this laughable. MS also makes it nearly impossible to request refunds, cancel subscriptions, and remove payment methods as this took me an hour to do myself last night and as noted above, I am a manager for a technology company. However you clearly make it simple for a child to inadvertently make a purchase, if this I indeed what happened in this case. This is deceptive, unethical, and borderline fraudulent practice. As you are willing to lose us as customers and EVERYONE WE KNOW with whom we will share your "policy" over $60.00, I am filing complaints with the BBB, the FCC, your CEO (as according to Andreas your "escalation team" is the top of the Org chart) and will pursue this matter as necessary. Shame on your customer service and your deceptive practices, I certainly thought MS had higher ethical standards than this.

Tl