Micro Center / poor service quality

The diagnostic of my broken computer was not done properly. I was given one correct diagnosing (burned out video card). But also I was told that my OS is not working. I was ready to order more services from the store (such as OS installation). I came home and realized that the OS is working. Two managers think that I have to pay $60 for the diagnostic even if it was wrong. So if you need to know what is wrong with your computer don't go to Micro Center.

Sa

Comments

• Ac
      10th of Feb, 2011

Not only do they not diagnose correctly but in Santa Clara it also takes them weeks and weeks to do so. You better reserve lots of time out of your schedule to follow up with them. Each call takes you anywhere from 30' to an hour before you have a live person on the phone. Then they will tell you that they have not completed your diagnostics or any other bs to get you off the phone. If you keep calling, they will finally tell you something but to get it fixed will take for EVER!
    Avoid this store if you actually want to have your broken hardware repaired. Mine is an Acer that just stopped working 32 days after purchase. Of course Fry's didn't wanted to do anything (past 30 days) and did not help with anything.
    Go to BestBuy. Do not waste your time! I'm still waiting for my broken Acer machine to be repaired after six weeks without an end in-sight.