Micro Center / Micro Electronics Logo

Micro Center / Micro Electronics

Having problems with Micro Center / Micro Electronics?

Micro Center, 4119 Leap Road
Sat10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

don't go there

Needed product for easter sunday. I was hoping to swing by pick up item and be on my way to visit family. the item was a clearance wieless keyboard. description said it was complete.
I have never been so angry...When the csr brought it out to me i handed him the money as I asked if I could open the package and check the item. he said sure. so as I was opening the box he proceded to check me out. I noticed that the wireless usb thing was missing. so I told him. he handed me the receipt and said I had to take it up in the returns dept. on the other side of the store. I asked him if he could just get one from another package and i could be on my way I told him my kids were in the car and I was in a hurry. he said no. so I go to the other side of the store and see a line of about 10 customers. I waited in that line for about 40 minutes. I was steeming.. I should not have been directed to the returns line because the item I purchased said it was complete. he should have called a manager over to correct the problem immediatley..
my wife and kids sat in the car for an hour. i was late to my gathering and was not able to take my kids to the beach like i promised. i will never set foot in that store again. and have already told people that i know who live in that area. about my ordeal.

Resolved they sell garbage

When I purchased one of their sale items for example an external hard drive or network switch it has stopped...

no customer service

I bought a motherboard from them about 5 months ago. It has a 3 year warranty. When it went bad, I took it back to exchange it. They told me they have a 30 day exchange policy and that I should contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer told me to take it back to Microcenter. So now I have been ripped off twice. By the board manufacturer, and by Microcenter. Microcenter has no way to contact the main company. You are at the mercy of the store manager. As a result, I see no reason for me to ever shop at Microcenter again.

• Bu
    bubbahoetepp May 03, 2011

The warranty for the product is through the manufacturer, you know, the people who made it. You should have kept calling them to get them to enforce it. Of course they are going to try to send you to the store, that way they don't lose any money the store does. The store didn't make it and has no reason to give you a new one. If the manufacturer won't honor their warranty then contact your attorney general's office and see what they can do, otherwise don't buy that brand again.

paid for no repair

To make a long story short, I took my computer in for repairs. It took them two weeks, and I got it back the...

return disaster

I walk in Micro Center in Marietta, Ga. Dec 24 to exchange a USB adapter but looked around to find a line or location for returns. I did not find one, so I stood in a long line to get to the Cashier about 20-25 minutes only to be told that returns are handled over there ?? There where and she pointed to another line. I requested a manager, as the cashier had an attitude and when the manager came over, she advise that they are not trained to do returns and have to go over there, , , again pointing. I requested a store mamager and she pointed to the bottom of my receipt. I could have kept my 20-25 minutes if they had signs up pointing for returns and more plesant cashiers and managers. f you doent want toi work, there are many people who would love their jobs and make me feel like you want my repeat business. I finally get to "Over there" and wait in line another 20 minutes or so. I must agree that Alexander V. that handled my return did apologize for any problems that I may have experienced and will do what he could to get me out as fast as he could an dless than 3 min I was out of line and on my way. You know i told everyone comming in about their customer service and my job and my church and i have to go on Facebook and tweeter. I wish i had gotten that mamagers name and she was mean and rude and never should have treated like that. Put up some signs to guide your customers, especially when you know there are going to be returns.

Resolved netbook purchse that was damaged

I purchased a Netbook from MicroCenter on 11-01-10 in Yonkers, NY. I drove home to my house in Milford, PA to turn on the computer and notice a small round spot on the screen. I bought the computer refurbished for $199 and was told by the salesperson that I had a 30 day warranty on the netbook(Acer Aspire One). When I returned the computer to MicroCenter, I was told that it has a crack in the LCD, and that it was considered physical damage and that they couldn't help me. I spoke with managers and was told that they couldn't do anything for me. As it stands now, they want me to pay $90 for a new screen, and $60 for labor($150 total). I only paid $199 for the netbook. Why can't anyone at MicroCenter help me? I spent $200 for a defective computer and MicroCenter wouldn't try to fix the problem. They just want more money. Crooks.

advertisement not accurate

I just bought macbook pro from microcenter. According to the ad -...

this is a scam by microcenter or its refurbishing center

Microcenter in Patterson NJ is passing off non OEM 3rd party equipment as part of their "factory refurbished DS" product. I purchased the Nintendo DS for $79.99 and it was supposed to come with a wall charger from Nintendo. When I got home and plugged it into the wall it fell apart because the screws holding the recharger together were missing (had been removed and were not in the packaging)- It was only held together by friction. Careful inspection of the charger revealed it was made by "Nintondo" not Nintendo. I returned to the store (waiting in lines for 1 hour) for an exchange. The replacement was also from "Nintondo" and at that point I figured, "fine" it is refurbished as long as it works maybe I will be ok with a knockoff charger ... but when I finally returned home, the replacement does not recharge the DS at all. Benefit of the doubt has now expired - This is a scam by Microcenter or its refurbishing center. I loathe the idea of returning to the store for the 3rd time (they are far too busy - to be honest and find me a working product).

• Bu
    bubbahoetepp May 03, 2011

Obviously you don't know how retail stores operate, so I'll enlighten you. Companies like best buy, microcenter and circuit city DO NOT refurbish computers, tv's or DS's themselves. They buy those products from refurbishing companies. Why? If the buy them then they don't need to employ the staff and the warehouses to refurbish those items. Just take it back to the store and ask for a refund. And another thing, what the heck did you expect. IT'S A USED DS FOR GOD'S SAKE! You buy cheap and you get cheap.

as a consumer, this was the worst experience ever

Do not buy a computer protection plan from Micro Center ! Rip Off! I purchased a desktop computer in August of 2008 and had a problem with it a year later. I called for help and was transferred around for TWO Hours and then they disconnected me. Then, I was told that my protection plan expired the month before. Really? I gathered my paper work and had purchased a THREE year plan; I still had TWO years left on it. Now, I had to go through the hassle of getting a new claim # etc. all over again. After running this time consuming gauntlet, yet again I was told it was a software problem and they couldn't help me. I took the computer elsewhere and found it it was the hard drive. As a consumer, this was the WORST experience ever!!! Save yourself the trouble and the money, DO NOT PURCHASE A PROTECTION PLAN FROM MICRO CENTER!! HORRIBLE, THE ABSOLUTE WORST! SCAM and a RIPOFF!

• 24
    24mc1234 Nov 29, 2017

Micro center is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with.

sold me a cracked screen and would not fix it

I purchased my macbook from Microcenter and discovered a crack in the screen about 1 1/2 in up and 6 in to center, but you can only see it if there is a complete white background. Tried to return it and of course they told me I damaged it. It was only on my desk, never carried anywhere, used for less than 2 weeks. I have used laptops for 20 years and I DID NOT DAMAGE IT. They walked me through the typical, pets do it, you closed it with a pen inside (no corresponding mark on the PC), so I ended up having them repair it, After it was repaired, they wanted $180 more than we agreed on to fix it. Had several blow-out arguments with the manager who repeatedly hung up on me and they finally agreed to honor the price they quoted me. BUT I PAID TO FIX A PROBLEM THEY SOLD TO ME!!!

Resolved switched videocard not returned

This is a filing to be used as exhibit in procedings in case of no resolution for non-returned personal property from pc repair.
Micro center ref. order no. cnse302582
11755 mosteller rd. date: 03/30/2010
Sharonville, oh. 45241
[protected]
I, (bryan ross), purchased a dell optiplex pc on ebay in late 2008 which was loaded with a dell version of windows. I was never satisfied withthat format. I had purchased an aftermarket gforce dual video cardsome moths later also on ebay. I removed and re-installed the dell video card trying unsuccessfully to the gforce card to function but could not due to driver issues so I reinstalled the dell video card and used the pc for months into 2010 when I picked up a virus and took the unit and the gforce card to micro center to have the repair dept. wipe my system and install a windos xp my late father had in his old pc. at the sametime I had the gforce card installed. I picked the pc on 04/01/2010 and upon arival of a purchased like dell moniter on 04/08/2010 discovered the dell card not return. the repair dept was completely unreceptive to my queries leading me to a meeting wiyh the store manager on 04/09/2010. if my original dell card, which is now needed in another application, is not returned to me I will futher to aquire my personal property through legal options. this is not just a matter of priciple now,... this is theft pure and simple.

Resolved this place is a rip off

This place is a rip off! Customer service and tech support are an absolute joke. I bought my laptop here (A sony vaio $1999) three years ago and purchased their platinum protection plan ($500). Their sales reps smiled and congratulated me on my purchase, walked me and my purchases to the car, and explained that if anything should go wrong or happen to my new laptop, just bring it in, its covered and they'll take care of it...

Cut to december 2008, my laptop was overheating, I took the laptop back for servicing. After some confusion with passwords, I was told a week later it was ready. However, when I collected it, I noticed the same problem reoccurring. I contacted tech support and they assured me everything was fine. When I asked what tests they had run, they said they had turned it on and left it on overnight and could not recreate any of the problems. I asked them if they had tried running any programs or applications, they stated they hadn't as they didn't have the password for my computer!!!... Okay... But I did give that to you.

Pan forward to march 2009, I dropped my computer, but not to worry thought, I had that all inclusive expensive protection plan. I drove down to santa clara and dropped off my laptop. Again, that same smile as I filled out the work order.

This time was laptop was sent out for servicing. Apparently from what I had been able to piece together from the many fragmented conversations, was that the hard drive, the camera, the case, the screen, the usb ports, the audio, the keyboard and motherboard were all damaged and the plan would be to replace them all??? It was cheaper ($1880) than giving me a replacement. Does this seem like a good idea? I explained that I didn't want a hodgepodge refurbished machine and I was assured that the laptop would be "as good as new". Hmmmm...

A week and a half later, I was told, it was ready and they fed-ex'd it to me. Imagine my surprise to find, a hodgepodge of parts listed in the systems menu (And my original hard drive returned to me in a ziplock bag). I called and mentioned this, they told me to send it back and they would check on that for me. A few days later, I was sent a screen shot indicating that all was well. They sent back the laptop. I figured, everything seems ok... Let me get started and download itunes and get my music sorted out.in the middle of a very slow download of itunes, I noticed my usb port didn't seem to working. Right about then, the laptop froze and crashed.

I called microcenter, i'm told... Send it back! So fed-ex picks it up again, and off it goes. I asked about a replacement while this fiasco is continuing, red informed me I would have to put a credit card down to guarantee their laptop is returned undamaged. I wonder why their laptop is so valuable and mine isn't. He informs me that my laptop isn't worth $60. That can't be right I tell him, they just spent $1880 on parts to put it back together. He chuckled and said this was the best he could do. I declined throwing more money after bad, and hunkered down for more time without a computer.

This time they said the windows update caused the hard drive to crash. The solution they stated, was to turn off the automatic update feature which comes with windows. Now, the problem red caleb, the manager proudly explained was a software problem not a hardware one, really... He switched the "brand new" this one will definitely work hard drive out of the laptop and put in "one [he] knows is going to work" in the laptop and shipped it back. Well needless to say, one cannot run any programs on windows xp (2001 release) without any updates. Without opening the box, I took it back into microcenter, 3 weeks ago. While there, I asked to speak to one of the managers, none came out. However, I was told red had just left and denny would call me back by wednesday... Three weeks later, still no word...

Within this quagmire of foolishness, I had spoken to the company that does the repairs, microcenter's east coast customer service line (Barbara and?), microcenter's santa clara manager (Red) and general manager (Denny). It's now august, I still don't have a working laptop, I leave messages, no one calls back. I have to wonder who is running this store while everyone is in meetings, gone for the day or off today?

I'll tell you who... It's dear sweet emily (The supervisor) who cannot assist as the situation has already gone over her head and she's not familiar with my situation, but can understand i'm upset and is sorry no one is calling me back, but she can leave a message for red (As he is currently in a meeting and unavailable) and denny, well he isn't in today! Leave a message... Why thanks emily... I didn't think of that!!!

If that doesn't sum up my experience the hang up from emily on the phone should!!

Resolved purchase denied for denying residence info et al

I was looking for a full version of Microsoft Windows 7 - (plain vanilla –non OEM) I ask a employee and...

Resolved false advertisement and bad service

I never notice this company's existence until recently.I decided to give this company a try not because of word-of -month but because of their Ads mailed to my house. Normally, I don't buy computer parts from stores like Best Buy, Fry's, or Micro Center, because their staffs are normally lacking of computer knowledge, and their customer services is not as good as private owned local computer stores.

I finally made it to their Duluth store to shop for Father's day present. There were sales representatives walking around the store, but no one seemed care to say Hi or try to help me. I went to the notebook section in the back, tried to get someone to help me to look at the Acer laptop in their Ad, but I waited for 15 minutes, and again, no one seemed care! And when I finally got to talk to a sales about the laptop I want to buy, they told me: " Oh, we don't have the one with Web cam in stock, all we have is the one without Web cam."!

WHY DID THEY PUT THE MODEL WITH WEB CAM IN THE AD? What a dishonor, tricky company Micro Center is! I was right, companies like Micro Center is not worth to even spend time reading their Ads, all they want is to trick customers to go to them, and when you got there, they would come up with excuses for those TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE deals they advertised on their Ads! I will NEVER read their false Ads, or go to Micro Center again!

RESOLVED

• Micro Center / Micro Electronics's response · Aug 12, 2009

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for this opportunity to review your feedback. I would like to extend my apologies that the item in questions was not in stock during your visit. I would like to look into this. Can you please provide me with details of the model you were looking for and the approximate date of your visit to purchase the fathers day gift. You can contact me directly at [email protected]

Al

• Th
    Thomas Aug 05, 2009

• Mi
    microcenter Dec 16, 2010

your a dumbass if the deals are to good to be true they will be sold out in a day.. do your research before you go to a place like MC they are a geeks heaven

Resolved buyer beware

I went to local Micro Center located in Marietta, Georgia store on 2/11/09 to purchase a laptop that was on sale. When I arrived at the PC/laptop department there were three salesmen on the floor, two of which appeared to be assisting customers. The store had very low customer traffic and there appeared to be sufficient staffing. When I approached the two different salesmen to help me locate an available salesperson in the PC/laptop dept., I was immediately told "I am busy with a customer...SIR!" and was ignored. All I wanted was for either to contact another sales associate who would be able to assist me. I waited for approximately 15 minutes and still there were no sales associates in sight. I approached another store employee who was doing inventory. He immediately checked for availability of the laptop and about 10-15 minutes later informed me to pick it up at the register. While I was waiting, one of the sales associates who was actually helping a customer introduced the general manager, John Kale, to the customer. I observed the pleasantries exchanged between Mr. Kale and the customer (the exchange lasted about 5 minutes). Mr. Kale then approached me as if i was looking for a job and asked me if I had been helped. At this point I was pretty disgusted and just said "yes, someone has helped me." He responded by just saying thank you, handed me his card and immeidiately walked away. He didn't extend any extra effort like he did for the previous customer. This kind of selective treatment can only be characterized as discriminatory. For this reason, I will never go to MicroCenter again to make ANY purchases of a substantial dollar amount. It is clear to me that customer service comes with a price...you don't get any for $400. This store got a failing grade... BUYER BEWARE.

Resolved no service on extended warranty

I purchased an extended warranty on my desk top. When one of my drives failed, I called for service. I was told that the part would be ordered and I would be contacted when it was received. After not hearing for weeks, always receiving different and conflicting information. First, the part was on back order, then I was told the part was in (I was given a tracking number) and a tech would call to schedule a service dage. When no tech called, I phoned the company again and I was told that the part just came in that day and again, a tech would call. When I received no call from a tech, I called again and got the same old run-around. Finally a tech called and service was scheduled...but alas, they had ordered the wrong part. I was assured by the tech that the service would be expedited. It has now been another week and today I am advised that the part is on back order again. The part will not be in for another week and then I have to wait for the tech to call. THIS IS A NO SERVICE COMPANY. They are only interested in the sale...service is not part of the mission.

Resolved does not honor their warrany

Purchased an HP Pavillon laptop from MicroCenter and purchased their 3 yr warranty. When the wireless stopped working, the laptop was taken for repair and has since been taken for repair 4 times. The longest the "repair" worked was about 6 wks. Currently the problem has reoccurred 2 wks after the last repair.

When trying to sell me the warranty the salesman said that if the computer was sent in for repair 3 times, MicroCenter would buy it back. That is completely untrue. MicroCenter will not buy back the computer and wants to send it in yet again for yet another repair. I'm a student and need my computer. I will never purchase another product from MicroCenter again.

Customer service is a joke. They will not help me. They are rude.

• Di
    dinkledorfer May 19, 2012

IN a way, your problem is more with HP. Their laptops until very recently, used Nvidia video chips (bad ones at that). The cooling system design is very poor. The video chips over-heat causing you to lose video or your wireless stops working. What they are doing for the repair is disassembling the laptop, heating the video chip with a small pen torch and bring it back to life that way. If you don't get it right, the fix won't last long. At best it is a temporary fix. It won't correct the poor design and low quality that created the problem in the first place. Hp has more recently started using ATI chips and surprise...surprise, the same problem is coming up again. Best advice, put a platform fan under the laptop to help keep it from over-heating. In the future, avoid HP products. They are garbage!

Resolved do not buy their products

I bought an OEM Samsung notebook drive from MicroCenter 1.5 years ago, with what was supposed to be a three-year warranty. The drive failed. Samsung said it was a 'grey market OEM' that was not supposed to be sold in the U.S. I took the drive back to MicroCenter, but they refused to accept any responsibility or make any kind of refund or exchange.

Moral of the story: Do NOT buy OEM products from MicroCenter unless you like gambling.

Resolved wrong item

I purchased a BFG GTX285 Video Card (package was sealed)at the Microcenter in Westbury, New York, Salesman was Leslie, When I got home and opened it, I was shocked to find a Used EVGA 8800 GTX inside. I took the item back and they refused to exchange it for me, at this moment I am out almost $400

I am in the process of contacting American Express to dispute the purchase, Hopefully they will credit my card as they are usually very good with that.

In a last ditch effort before I take legal action I will go back to the store tomorrow and speak with Pablo (I was told he is the only one that can ok an exchange.

fraud

Bought a prospect computer from micro center... It is their personal computer a power spec... Paid 1, 800 for it... Bought the 3 year silver protection plan.. It is a lemon...in two years it has lost and had replaced 4 vid card, a mother board, power source failed, fan system failed, two hard drives and they still refuse to replace this lemon of a computer. The lemon law says if it has the same part fail 3 times they will replace the system but now they are saying that for that to work the 4 vid card must fail... With is bs... They do no stand by their work or care about costumer satisfaction at all... Whatever you do never buy a power spec computer imho it is a piece of crap, and you will get zero satisfaction from micro center... What is the point of paying $300 for the silver protection plan if they are not going to honor it and give one excuse after another as to why they don't have to honor it... It is more than obvious that a computer that breaks down that many times in two year is jinked and a lemon.

• Ko
    kory888 Feb 03, 2010

ur just an idiot for buying a powerspec( which they cost from $200-around $600 at most) for 1, 800$. power specs are by far worst computers. not microcenters fault.