Micro Centercustomer service

J

I called to inquire about a laptop, to see if they have any in stock. A lady answered and was very snippy, as if I was wasting her time. She told me she was going to transfer me, I let the phone ring for about 5-7 minutes. She picked up after the wait and said no one was going to answer, would I like to try to wait more? If no one was willing to help, why would I wait? Too bad for them, it was a $2000+ laptop. I'm going to Fry's electronic, same attitude, cheaper prices.

RESOLVED

• Micro Center / Micro Electronics's response · Nov 08, 2012

Very sorry to hear this. I would like to ask more details so we can address the folks who made your experience less that desirable.
    [protected]@microcenter.com

• Jd
    jdh1023 Jan 22, 2011

On 1/2/11 I purchased a ATI video card from the Micro Center store in Yonkers, NY. I was provide with the extra receipts to submit for a $20.00 rebate. The instructions on the receipt provided an offer code and directions to a web site (his.4myrebate.com). On 1/22/11 I went to the website but found the code and video card not listed. I called the Yonkers store and, after stating the problem to 5 people, I was transferred 4 times and disconnected by the 5th person. I called the store back and asked to speak to a manager. I was put on hold and 42 minutes later I gave up waiting.
    The $20 rebate is not worth any more of my time. However, I will spend time talkin and blogging about my experience at the Micro Center

• Am
    AmberDux Jan 23, 2011

Are you sure that the rebate was through Micro Center and not ATI? I've purchased a couple of ATI cards in the past and was directed to that same website you mention. Neither card was purchased through Micro Center (one was at Best Buy and the other was through newegg.com).

• Di
    Dirk Julander Jul 06, 2011

I have never experienced worse customer service in any store anywhere. All I wanted to do was to purchase a computer on my Micro Center account. When I tried to check out using my account number which I had previously done last December, I was informed that it would not work without the card. That would be just fine if anyone I dealt with there was professional and courteous; but from the manager, Chris, on down I was treated like a criminal by people who have no business being in any sort of customer service position. When the manager, Chris, is so poor at dealing with customers it is no wonder that the rest of the people are unprofessional and incompetent when it comes to customer service as well. The Micro Center website has no way to complain directly to anybody who might care. Perhaps the whole company promotes poor customer service as well. Stay away from the worst company I have ever dealt with.

• Di
    Display_only Oct 07, 2011

The prices listed at micro center are wholly fake. They have "mail in rebates" to list prices well below the market price, but the catch is that they never mail you your money back.

• Go
    Goldenboy2285 Oct 07, 2013

They never pick up their phone ever. I've been a customer for three years and been trying to get someone to pick up my call to inquire before driving for an hour to get there but I never got lucky. Just bad customer service, their phone system is there for nothing.

• De
    Dehavenconstruction.com Apr 15, 2015

Micro Center sold me the wrong ink for a printer i bough from them. The sale man told me to buy the hp 60 it is the wrong ink it should have been hp61 i am stuck with $80 dollars of ink i never use. You can never reach then by the phone i agree with the other comments
    their phone system is unless

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices