Mercedes-Benz / Terrible experience!
I purchased a new E320 in 2003. I am very disappointed with one aspect of this car. In approximately four and half years, its climate control system has failed five times. I do put about 20k miles per year. But this car has its climate control system failing about every 20K miles. For a fifty eight thousand dollar car, FIVE failures in a common comfort system are unacceptable. I suppose Luxury Car means luxury from these hassles of every day problems.
1. Apr 8, 2006 Leak Detection Drier Bottle O-Ring in A/C
2. Sept 8, 2006 Leak at Drier Bottle
3. Jan 8, 2007 A/C Sensor Replaced
4. Sept 29, 2007 Clear Fault Code in A/C System
5. Jan 30, 2008 Heating system failed
Every car I owned—Mazda, Honda, Acura or Saab, it is the only car where climate control system fails on an average every 20K miles. BYT, there were other service issues with this car which I don’t wish to expand. On the reliability rating, this vehicle did not meet our expectations at all. Now lets look at the service level, I wrote to the Mercedes two times and I got nasty replies. Read this an expensive sorry from Ms. Robyn L., Customer Relations Liaison:
“We regret you disappointment with the performance of your vehicle and any inconvenience you may have experienced while attending to repair. Lacking direct involvement in the operation and maintenance of your vehicle prevent us from commenting the specifics. Your dealer is in the best position to evaluate vehicle performance and, if necessary, request technical assistance for repairs from Mercedes-Benz USA. We value your patronage of our products and are sorry that your E320 did not meet your expectations. Please accept our best wishes for many years of safe and pleasant driving... Signed Robyn L., Customer Relations Liaison”.
Read this an ARROGANT response to my second complaint from General Manager, Customer Assistance Center, Mercedes-Benz USA (Assistance my foot) MR. PAUL G. JURON.:
“If your request is that we continue to cover repairs to your vehicle indefinitely, then we must decline.” After full explanation that problems have started well within the warranty period and still continuing a Customer Service General Manager can’t determine what a customer is saying.
This car and this company both sucks. I bought a new car this month and I am glad to report it is not Mercedes but Lexus.
More Mercedes-Benz Complaints & Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz - Failed Heated Seat Causing Fire 
- Mercedes-Benz - Badly scratched windscreen due to factory defect
- Mercedes-Benz - Reputable companies selling known defective goods 
- Mercedes-Benz - I think it is terrible to have a $50,000 car and you can not drive it 
- Mercedes-Benz - heated seat caught on fire 
- Mercedes-Benz - unreasonable service plan
- Mercedes-Benz - Mercedes Benz taking advantage of woman