Mercedes-Benz / Terrible experience!

123 Aberfeldy WayYorktown, VA, United States Review updated:
3.75
Phone: 7578770406
I purchased a new E320 in 2003. I am very disappointed with one aspect of this car. In approximately four and half years, its climate control system has failed five times. I do put about 20k miles per year. But this car has its climate control system failing about every 20K miles. For a fifty eight thousand dollar car, FIVE failures in a common comfort system are unacceptable. I suppose Luxury Car means luxury from these hassles of every day problems.

1. Apr 8, 2006 Leak Detection Drier Bottle O-Ring in A/C
2. Sept 8, 2006 Leak at Drier Bottle
3. Jan 8, 2007 A/C Sensor Replaced
4. Sept 29, 2007 Clear Fault Code in A/C System
5. Jan 30, 2008 Heating system failed

Every car I owned—Mazda, Honda, Acura or Saab, it is the only car where climate control system fails on an average every 20K miles. BYT, there were other service issues with this car which I don’t wish to expand. On the reliability rating, this vehicle did not meet our expectations at all. Now lets look at the service level, I wrote to the Mercedes two times and I got nasty replies. Read this an expensive sorry from Ms. Robyn L., Customer Relations Liaison:

“We regret you disappointment with the performance of your vehicle and any inconvenience you may have experienced while attending to repair. Lacking direct involvement in the operation and maintenance of your vehicle prevent us from commenting the specifics. Your dealer is in the best position to evaluate vehicle performance and, if necessary, request technical assistance for repairs from Mercedes-Benz USA. We value your patronage of our products and are sorry that your E320 did not meet your expectations. Please accept our best wishes for many years of safe and pleasant driving... Signed Robyn L., Customer Relations Liaison”.

Read this an ARROGANT response to my second complaint from General Manager, Customer Assistance Center, Mercedes-Benz USA (Assistance my foot) MR. PAUL G. JURON.:

“If your request is that we continue to cover repairs to your vehicle indefinitely, then we must decline.” After full explanation that problems have started well within the warranty period and still continuing a Customer Service General Manager can’t determine what a customer is saying.

This car and this company both sucks. I bought a new car this month and I am glad to report it is not Mercedes but Lexus.

Comments

Co
  31st of Aug, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
When I took my car to the Mercedes Benz dealership in Kearney Mesa, Ca for a Service B. I noticed when it was returned back to
me, my seats, seatbealts, side door panels, ometer, front winshield, backwindshield, front hood, lights, lower grill, radio were switch out for older and used seats, Items & parts. Unable to prove to the BBB because I did not take photo before I took the car in. When the car was originally puchase everything was brand new. Now when I look at what the did I get very angry, but there is nothing I could do. One day I hope they get caught. I wouldn't be suprised it they stole my motor and switch it for an older one as well. These guys are low down common criminals.