Randall Reed's Planet Ford Logo

Randall Reed's Planet Ford

Having problems with Randall Reed's Planet Ford?

Randall Reed's Planet Ford reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 2, 2008. The latest review 2015 Ram 2500 diesel purchased used was posted on Mar 27, 2021. The latest complaint work in vehicle was resolved on Jul 25, 2012. Randall Reed's Planet Ford has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 16 reviews. Randall Reed's Planet Ford has resolved 11 complaints.

Randall Reed's Planet Ford Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 844 5995 (New Car Sales)
+1 800 589 1678 (Pre Owned Sales)
+1 888 386 6285 (Service Direct)
+1 281 446 2155 (Parts Direct)
+1 800 478 1019 (Collision Center)
19000 Eastex Freeway
Humble, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Randall Reed's Planet Ford Customer Service. Initial Randall Reed's Planet Ford complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Randall Reed's Planet Ford above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Randall Reed's Planet Ford. Discuss the issues you have had with Randall Reed's Planet Ford and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Randall Reed's Planet Ford Complaints & Reviews

Randall Reed's Planet Ford2015 Ram 2500 diesel purchased used

The vehicle was purchased on 8/4/20. Drove to Austin on the following Sunday. Never made it home. Diesel Exhaust Fluid pump went out. Had to pay for a room to stay overnight. A week long wait for repairs, at a dealer. Three days later both batteries died. Took three days to find out that the batteries were dead. Then in December took a drive to visit found that heater didn't work. Waited four days again for repairs. Purchased an extended warranty, thank goodness. All in the first six months. I will never purchase another vehicle from THIS dealer again. The vehicle was never inspected for obvious faults. Have spent over $1500 since buying the truck, on top of the purchase price. Not a good way to do business!

Sep 19, 2019

Randall Reed's Planet Ford — service dept & enterprise

I have been trying to get reimbursed from Planet Ford since we paid out of pocket for our rental car. Thi...

Randall Reed's Planet Ford — deceptive practices

Here is a complainFrom Lionel Ochoa complaint date 05/28.2018 against Planet Ford - Spring Texas Logged onto...

Randall Reed's Planet Forddiesel truck service

I took my 2010 F250 to RRF Humble because it was running rough. the engine in the truck was a new ford engine installed by Tipton Ford with less than 6000 miles and covered by a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty from Ford.

The 1st indication of a problem was when JT, the service advisor, told me there was a $289 diesel diagnostic charge but was very vague as to what that actually covered. Then within hours JT called me and asked if I had the oil changed recently. I told him yes about 1000 miles prior. He then told me that the service tech told him that there was approximately 15 quarts too much oil in the vehicle and that they needed my approval to do a $200 oil change. I told JT that I would not approve the oil change and that I did not believe that was possible for the truck to physically hold 15 quarts above the rated oil capacity of 15 quarts. And then told him I was on my way to the dealership to talk to the tech.

When I arrived, the tech removed the dip stick, wiping it as he removed it. He then immediately reinserted the stick until there was approximately 5" left out of the tube. Then instead of pushing the stick all the way into the crank case he removed it saying "see there is oil to the max fill line already and the stick was still 5 inches from being fully inserted". He then asserted that this proved there was 15 quarts too much oil in the truck.

I then took the stick from him, fully cleaned it including the last inch where the measurement hash marks are. I then fully inserted the dip stick, let it rest for 5 seconds and then removed it. Amazingly this time the dipstick showed that the oil level was exactly where if should be.

The tech took the stick and pointed out that there was minute amounts of oil higher up on the stick and would not accept my comments that there was always a little residual oil on the stick from the sides of the dip stick tube.

I then asked the tech how too much oil would cause the truck to run rough, my original complaint. He told me that since the crank case was completely full of oil that the crankshaft was having difficulties turning correctly and this is what was causing the vibration I was feeling. I told him that was the most preposterous thing I had ever heard a mechanic say, especially in light of the 400HP 700FTLB of torque of the 6.4 diesel.

When I told JT that I wanted to speak to the GM he immediately told me to just take my truck and go - no charge.

I then took my truck back to the shop that did the oil change. We drained the oil back into four 1 gallon containers. The result of this test was that there was only 15 quarts of oil in the engine which is the specified oil capacity.

So be aware, Randall Reed Ford of Humble service is not an honest operation.

Randall Reed's Planet Ford — poor customer service and refusal to deliver goods purchased

My husband and I bought a 2016 Shelby from here on Dec 21, 2015. We live in Louisiana, but it was difficult...

Planet Ford — work in vehicle

Brought my car in for a belt replacement. They informed me my water pump was leaking so I had that replaced...

Brampton

Planet Fordservice department scam

On Friday, August 29th, I went with my son to Planet Ford in Humble, Texas to have recall work done on his accelerator and ignition on his Ford Escape. When he was called to come and pick up the Escape, he was told that his battery was bad, and in fact would probably not start within a day. He was also told that they could fix him up with a new battery for about $150. He declined as we had recently purchased a new battery for the Escape. We took the Escape to NTB, where we had purchased the battery, explained what we had been told and asked them to test it. We stood right beside the manager while he tested it, and viewed the testing results ourselves. GOOD BATTERY.

This appears to be some kind of scam at this Ford dealership. I had a similar experience a few years ago with the same Escape as it belonged to me prior to my son. At that time, I was quoted a price to completely redo the brake system for a price well over one thousand dollars. I declined, had the brakes checked elsewhere (they were fine) but did not follow up with Ford. As this would appear to be a pattern, I have decided to file this complaint at this time. I called the manager of the service department, but have not heard back from him yet.

There are many of us that are not mechanics and depend on professionals to steer us in the right direction, particularly at a dealership. This is absolutely unforgiveable. Perhaps this complaint will prevent some other person from getting ripped off.

Planet Ford Spring Texas — internet scam

Planet Fords internet manager George Verify contacted me at work and stated that I was pre-appoved for a used...

Planet Ford 45 — I fell I must warn people

5-11-09 I just bought a car at Planet Ford on I 45 in Houston, Tx. I could not imagine a worse place to buy a...

Planet Ford Humblewhat happened with service dept

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT PLANET FORD 59. I HAVE BEEN TAKING MY 2004 F350 6.0L TO THEM FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BEFORE, BUT FOR THE PAST COUPLE MONTHS EVER SINCE NEW MANAGER CAME IN WITH NEW PEOPLE . SEAMS LIKE MY TRUCK LIVES THERE. THE SERVICE IS TERRIBLE AND MANAGER IS RUDE( HIS NAME IS JEFF). WHATEVER THEY WERE DOING BEFORE THEY NEED TO DO AGAIN. I SUGGEST THAT NOBODY GOES TO PLANET FORD ANYMORE. THEY ARE RIP OFFS AND THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS A JOKE. I HAVE BETTER LUCK WITH MY TRUCK IF I FIX IT MYSELF IT WOULD BE THE SAME THING. DONT BE A SUCKER GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR WAIT FOR MANAGER TO GET FIRED LIKE HE DID AT LONE STAR. THINK ABOUT IT

Planet Ford — overcharged

I saw an ad on eBay for a 2008 Ford Mustang GT listed by Planet Ford in Spring Tx. I live in Vacaville CA and...

Randall Redd's Planet Ford Spring, Texas — non refunded money

I purchased a vehicle from this dealership in Feb. 2008. (The buying experience should have warned me what...

Randall Reed's Planet Forddo not go there

My name is Ernesto Medina and I was involved in a horrible deal with this dealership. Back in late December-early January, my wife and I were approved on a loan for a used 2006 GMC P-U. My wife provided a $500 coupon (from your website) and we provided a $500 down payment and my 1994 GMC P-U (with title). We drove off the lot and wouldn't you know - not even a week later, we had received a message stating that the loan was denied and that the dealership needed to the truck back or the police will be involved (message left on a Saturday night). We promplty took the truck back that following Monday to inquire what was going on. We were told that the bank required a larger down payment ($6500 more) to approve the loan. If we were informed in advance of this, we wouldn't have wasted your employees' time and ours, but we were duped into believing that the loan was approved only to look like idiots afterwards. Regardless, we turned in the vehicle and insisted for my truck with the title back. The truck was pulled up to the front and the title was missing. Infuriated, I demanded for my title because I didn't want to leave the lot without the title. Your employees spent some time trying to search for the title and ultimately couldn't find anything. We were supposed to pick up the check for the money put down within a day or two and informed them that we are going to pick up the check and would like to have the title to my truck, as well. We went on December 31st and picked up the check, but no title. I was outside waiting for my wife as my son was asleep. About 30 minutes passed, and she had informed me that they couldn't find the title and were going to order it and we should have it within 10 days. Irate, I left and gave you guys the opportunity to come through. We are now in February (February 9th to be exact) and I spoke with Billy (manager on my account) and was informed that it should have been ordered. But I had informed him that we had not received it and needed the title immediately. Whether or not legal action can be taken, I really didn't appreciate Billy comparing losing a title to a vehicle to losing a piece of newspaper. Regardless, he has informed me that the lady in charge of ordering that information was not in and that he would call her again tomorrow, 2-10, to check the status of the missing title (or paperwork). I am just disappointed with this dealership and plan on informing those I know never to experience the Randall Reed experience because you may get screwed in the long run. Thank you for your time.

nothing Mar 31, 2011

whoever posted this comment please contact me I have some information for you. Similar thing happen to me. [email protected]

• Bu
              burned buyer Apr 11, 2009

They are total rip-off dealerships. I have not heard of anyone that has had a good experience with this company. I too have been burned. I have turned them into the Texas State Department of Fraud. I don't know if I will ever see the money they owe me or not. BUYERS BEWARS DON'T EVER DEAL WITH ANY OF THE RANDALL REED'S PLANAT FORD DEALERSHIPS/

Randall Reeds Planet Ford — awful experience

I brought my car on 3/07/09 for a FORD factory recall to be done. When I gave my car to them everything wa...

Randall Reed's Planet Ford (Humble)planet ford =horrible service

My name is Ernesto Medina and I was involved in a horrible deal with this dealership. Back in late December/early January, my wife and I were approved on a loan for a used 2006 GMC P/U. My wife provided a $500 coupon (from your website) and we provided a $500 down payment and my 1994 GMC P/U (with title). We drove off the lot and wouldn't you know - not even a week later, we had received a message stating that the loan was denied and that the dealership needed to the truck back or the police will be involved (message left on a Saturday night). We promplty took the truck back that following Monday to inquire what was going on. We were told that the bank required a larger down payment ($6500 more) to approve the loan. If we were informed in advance of this, we wouldn't have wasted your employees' time and ours, but we were duped into believing that the loan was approved only to look like idiots afterwards. Regardless, we turned in the vehicle and insisted for my truck with the title back. The truck was pulled up to the front and the title was missing. Infuriated, I demanded for my title because I didn't want to leave the lot without the title. Your employees spent some time trying to search for the title and ultimately couldn't find anything. We were supposed to pick up the check for the money put down within a day or two and informed them that we are going to pick up the check and would like to have the title to my truck, as well. We went on December 31st and picked up the check, but no title. I was outside waiting for my wife as my son was asleep. About 30 minutes passed, and she had informed me that they couldn't find the title and were going to order it and we should have it within 10 days. Irate, I left and gave you guys the opportunity to come through. We are now in February (February 9th to be exact) and I spoke with Billy (manager on my account) and was informed that it should have been ordered. But I had informed him that we had not received it and needed the title immediately. Whether or not legal action can be taken, I really didn't appreciate Billy comparing losing a title to a vehicle to losing a piece of newspaper. Regardless, he has informed me that the lady in charge of ordering that information was not in and that he would call her again tomorrow, 2/10, to check the status of the missing title (or paperwork). I am just disappointed with this dealership and plan on informing those I know never to experience the Randall Reed experience because you may get screwed in the long run. Thank you for your time.

• St
                Stattixx Sep 25, 2013

We shopped the Humble store during a "Red Tag" sale. Truck came equipped with all the trinkets, it was a platinum with a lift kit. Price was $57, 000. Once we got paperwork signed(wife signed) I noticed the extra $14, 000. I went to them and they say too bad you already signed. I showed them sticker, paperwork, red tag sale price, etc. they told me I could have made that at home. I'm attempting to file a suit against them but that takes time and money. The GM Chuck Kramer just swept it under the rug and says "we did nothing wrong so go ahead and sue us". They lie, sneak, and worst of all they advertise that 100% customer satisfaction. Who buys an F-150 for $75, 000???? No one in the world would.

• Ta
                TA M Nov 01, 2012

The dealership is very bad, fraud and deception all over Don't tell them you are a veteran
                It got really BAD

• Wi
                William F. Gates Jun 24, 2012

Planet Ford in Humble is the WORST dealer in Texas!! They will lie and cheat you. Do not wast your time there. All the one line good reviews were written by the employees. You have been warned...

• Do
                Dominic2009 Mar 20, 2012

I also had a bad experience with Planet Ford 59, what should have been a plesant experience turned out to be extremely stressful. I saw a car on autotrader for under $9000 but when i went in, they went up $2000 on the car because i was not paying cash. My question is even if I was being financed, doesn't that mean they are getting their money up front from the financing company? So why did they have to go up on the price? In addition to which it took them 30+ days to replace a leaking windshield. The finance manger (Ruel) was the worst. He call me almost 2 weeks after the car was purchased because he needed additional documents, even though the contract had been "finalized". He further stated that if i did not comply that they would pick up the vehicle and charge me for days and mileage. His sales manger (Stuart) was just as bad. Their first choice was to threatened and take the car, even though i never refused to bring in additional documents even though they kept telling me the contract was finalized. For anyone who has problems, write Ford Motor Corporation and the Texas Attorney General, Consumer Protection division, and protect their practices to them. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR FROM THIS DEALER, ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DEPLORABLE!!!

• Bi
                bigrednufsaid05 Feb 25, 2011

In regards to the complaints about the service department, I have had a few bad run ins with some of the advisors. But, it seems everytime I go in there there is a new advisor to assist me and so I wipe the slate clean and give them another chance. Grave mistake! Except for one guy, KC Mings. He has been there for awhile I have noticed but he always was to busy to greet me. Except for my last visit when it looked like they were not very busy. He came out and greeted me with such kindness and splendour! It was just an oil change visit but he made me feel like I W's a VIP. From now on I will always ask/wait for him! Incredible service man! And he has a super cute little boy! I suggest him to all my friends even if they don't own a Ford. KC will take care of them!

• Be
                BethFS Sep 13, 2010

I took my car in this morning to check brakes - had an 8 am service appt., they came back with the usual air filter is dirty and you need a throttle body cleaning yada yada, but when noon rolled around and finally they tell me the brakes needed new pads I hit the roof - I just replaced the brakes on my 2009 Journey in Sept. of 2009 with rotor work and the service manager told me the pads I bought were life time warranty. Fast forward to Sept. 2010 - now the pads I had are not life time warranty, and the service manager no longer works there so they won't honor his mistake. I was so livid, I'm standing there telling my husband on the cell what happened and a man standing next to me tells me he brought his truck in this morning for his oil change and alignment / rotation and when he left and got on the feeder - his wheel fell off cause they didn't put the lug nuts back on.

Um - WTF man get serious! I will not buy a car or service my car here ever again.

• Bo
                bobsmith54 Jun 24, 2010

Andrew Kodak was a great guy to do business with. He helped me get my winch in my jeep and also gave me tips to take care of it.

• Lo
                LOVEPLANET Jun 24, 2010

I DONT KNOW WHY ANY ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THIS DEALER THEY ALWAY HAVE GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR ME

LOVE RANDALL REED

• Gr
                Great Experience May 29, 2010

I think Randall Reeds Planet Ford's Service Department is outstanding. I've had nothing but good experiences using them.

• Tr
                treated unfair May 15, 2009

be careful with service manager jeff stapp and foreman andrew kodak. both very corrupt and dirty. not recommended to service vehicle at planet ford

• Up
                upset diesel owner May 07, 2009

I HAD A PROBLEM WITH PLANET FORD 59 TOO, BUT WITH THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT MANAGER JEFF STAPP- REMEMBER THAT NAME BECAUSE I HAD HEARD THAT HE FLOATS FROM DEALER TO DEALER. MY PROBLEM WAS I FOR OVER A YEAR HAVE HAD MY F350 DIESEL SERVICED THERE AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, BUT FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS THAT JEFF STAPP CAME IN IT SEEMS LIKE MY TRUCK LIVES THERE AND WILL NEVER RUN RIGHT AGAIN. I HAVE BETTER LUCK DOING IT MYSELF IT WOULD BE THE SAME. I DO NOT ADVISE FOR ANYONE TO GET THIER VEHICLES SERVICED THERE AS LONG AS JEFF STAPP IS MANAGER AND HIS PEOPLE ARE THERE. IF RANDALL IS SMART HE WOULD DO THE SAME AS LONE STAR FORD DID. AS I CAN SEE THE SALES DEPARTMENT IS NO BETTER WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT THE GENERAL MANAGER, MAYBE DO YOUR JOB INSTEAD OF RUNNING A ZOO

• Bu
                busterj Feb 11, 2009

Yes!! I had a similar experience in Jan 09. Patrick, one of the used car salesmen and Chris Griffin of finance both were extremely eager to convince me that my loan was approved and to allow me to drive off the lot. However, in the next few days they claimed to bank wanted further verifications of employment...YADA YADA... and I was required to give them more information. I then found out the salesman, Patrick, with my license in his face, had incorrectly written my name on the credit application to the bank. I did a car fax on the VIN and found out the car was a prior Hertz rental car, not the Executive Program car they had supposedly sold me. After promises that they were going to find a bank that would finance me and weeks of renegotiating the price, I was force to return the vehicle. When I asked for my 1500 downpayment back, they had the gall to tell me they would only return a little more than 800 due to a $25/day car possession fee and mileage fees. Needless to say I am speaking with counsel now. I have also informed my bank of their fraudulent practices. I believe, in this slow economy, this dealer resorts to these tactics in order to generate income either way (approved loan or usage fees). This is the absolute worst purchasing experience I have ever had and will make sure no one purchases from them if I can help it.

P.S. I have since purchased elsewhere without any of these road bumps

Planet Fordterrible experience

I saw an ad from planet ford stating 50% off Texas Editions F150, .so my wife & I went there. We bought one. I did not note until later that the rebate they gave me was only 28%. I know I should have walked away from deal, but did not note the rebate was not as advertised. I called later & spoke with one of their 'smoke & mirrors" guy who explained the 50% off only applied to f150's under the tent. I never saw a tent & salesperson never told me "look under the tent for real savings."

We love the truck just hate it that deceptive business practices are used. The smoke & mirrors guy admitted everybody else does it so they have to play same game. Corporate ethics demand only strong survive.. look at current economic crisis! Beware if you go to Planet Ford they employ unethical tactics!! Let the buyer beware!!! I forgot that rule.