Randall Reed's Planet Ford Logo

Randall Reed's Planet Ford

Having problems with Randall Reed's Planet Ford?

+1 866 844 5995 (New Car Sales)
+1 800 589 1678 (Pre Owned Sales)
+1 888 386 6285 (Service Direct)
+1 281 446 2155 (Parts Direct)
+1 800 478 1019 (Collision Center)
19000 Eastex Freeway
Humble, Texas

Complaints & Reviews

service dept & enterprise

I have been trying to get reimbursed from Planet Ford since we paid out of pocket for our rental car. Thi...

deceptive practices

Here is a complainFrom Lionel Ochoa complaint date 05/28.2018 against Planet Ford - Spring Texas Logged onto...

diesel truck service

I took my 2010 F250 to RRF Humble because it was running rough. the engine in the truck was a new ford engine installed by Tipton Ford with less than 6000 miles and covered by a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty from Ford.

The 1st indication of a problem was when JT, the service advisor, told me there was a $289 diesel diagnostic charge but was very vague as to what that actually covered. Then within hours JT called me and asked if I had the oil changed recently. I told him yes about 1000 miles prior. He then told me that the service tech told him that there was approximately 15 quarts too much oil in the vehicle and that they needed my approval to do a $200 oil change. I told JT that I would not approve the oil change and that I did not believe that was possible for the truck to physically hold 15 quarts above the rated oil capacity of 15 quarts. And then told him I was on my way to the dealership to talk to the tech.

When I arrived, the tech removed the dip stick, wiping it as he removed it. He then immediately reinserted the stick until there was approximately 5" left out of the tube. Then instead of pushing the stick all the way into the crank case he removed it saying "see there is oil to the max fill line already and the stick was still 5 inches from being fully inserted". He then asserted that this proved there was 15 quarts too much oil in the truck.

I then took the stick from him, fully cleaned it including the last inch where the measurement hash marks are. I then fully inserted the dip stick, let it rest for 5 seconds and then removed it. Amazingly this time the dipstick showed that the oil level was exactly where if should be.

The tech took the stick and pointed out that there was minute amounts of oil higher up on the stick and would not accept my comments that there was always a little residual oil on the stick from the sides of the dip stick tube.

I then asked the tech how too much oil would cause the truck to run rough, my original complaint. He told me that since the crank case was completely full of oil that the crankshaft was having difficulties turning correctly and this is what was causing the vibration I was feeling. I told him that was the most preposterous thing I had ever heard a mechanic say, especially in light of the 400HP 700FTLB of torque of the 6.4 diesel.

When I told JT that I wanted to speak to the GM he immediately told me to just take my truck and go - no charge.

I then took my truck back to the shop that did the oil change. We drained the oil back into four 1 gallon containers. The result of this test was that there was only 15 quarts of oil in the engine which is the specified oil capacity.

So be aware, Randall Reed Ford of Humble service is not an honest operation.

poor customer service and refusal to deliver goods purchased

My husband and I bought a 2016 Shelby from here on Dec 21, 2015. We live in Louisiana, but it was difficult...

Resolved work in vehicle

Brought my car in for a belt replacement. They informed me my water pump was leaking so I had that replaced...

Resolved service department scam

On Friday, August 29th, I went with my son to Planet Ford in Humble, Texas to have recall work done on his accelerator and ignition on his Ford Escape. When he was called to come and pick up the Escape, he was told that his battery was bad, and in fact would probably not start within a day. He was also told that they could fix him up with a new battery for about $150. He declined as we had recently purchased a new battery for the Escape. We took the Escape to NTB, where we had purchased the battery, explained what we had been told and asked them to test it. We stood right beside the manager while he tested it, and viewed the testing results ourselves. GOOD BATTERY.

This appears to be some kind of scam at this Ford dealership. I had a similar experience a few years ago with the same Escape as it belonged to me prior to my son. At that time, I was quoted a price to completely redo the brake system for a price well over one thousand dollars. I declined, had the brakes checked elsewhere (they were fine) but did not follow up with Ford. As this would appear to be a pattern, I have decided to file this complaint at this time. I called the manager of the service department, but have not heard back from him yet.

There are many of us that are not mechanics and depend on professionals to steer us in the right direction, particularly at a dealership. This is absolutely unforgiveable. Perhaps this complaint will prevent some other person from getting ripped off.

Resolved internet scam

Planet Fords internet manager George Verify contacted me at work and stated that I was pre-appoved for a used...

Resolved I fell I must warn people

5-11-09 I just bought a car at Planet Ford on I 45 in Houston, Tx. I could not imagine a worse place to buy a...

Resolved what happened with service dept

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT PLANET FORD 59. I HAVE BEEN TAKING MY 2004 F350 6.0L TO THEM FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BEFORE, BUT FOR THE PAST COUPLE MONTHS EVER SINCE NEW MANAGER CAME IN WITH NEW PEOPLE . SEAMS LIKE MY TRUCK LIVES THERE. THE SERVICE IS TERRIBLE AND MANAGER IS RUDE( HIS NAME IS JEFF). WHATEVER THEY WERE DOING BEFORE THEY NEED TO DO AGAIN. I SUGGEST THAT NOBODY GOES TO PLANET FORD ANYMORE. THEY ARE RIP OFFS AND THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS A JOKE. I HAVE BETTER LUCK WITH MY TRUCK IF I FIX IT MYSELF IT WOULD BE THE SAME THING. DONT BE A SUCKER GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR WAIT FOR MANAGER TO GET FIRED LIKE HE DID AT LONE STAR. THINK ABOUT IT

Resolved overcharged

I saw an ad on eBay for a 2008 Ford Mustang GT listed by Planet Ford in Spring Tx. I live in Vacaville CA and I had been unsuccessful in locating the specific car I was looking for using the local Ford dealers. I called the Planet Ford dealer and spoke to a Scott Stubs. Scott informed me that the vehicle I was interested in did not have CA Emissions and therefore could not be registered in CA. Scott further offered to help me locate the vehicle that I was looking for using the Ford database, and I agreed to let Scott help me.

Scott quickly located a 2008 Mustang GT with the options that I wanted in southern CA, Redlands Ford (1121 W Colton Ave Redlands, CA 92374). Scott and I negotiated my deal and my total price was to include CA tax and registration, which he agreed to. Up to this point, I had no issues. After the loan paperwork was signed and we arranged for me to pick up my new car at the Redlands dealer, Scott told me to act as if I were a Planet Ford employee and I was just there to move this vehicle from one Ford dealer to another, and he stressed not to let them know that I was the end customer.

While I found this very weird, I saw no real harm and I thought he was just trying to keep the piece with the Redlands sales agents. I arrived at the Redlands Ford to find very nice people, too bad I wasn't able to locate this car and deal with them directly! Because the Redlands dealer thought I was working with Planet Ford, they didn't wash the car, smog it or anything. Scott shipped me a TX temporary registration to put in my car so I would be able to drive it. Scott also told me that they would send the CA registration in and that I wouldn't have to do anything.

I found that the car had severe water spot damage that was only revealed when I tried to wash it several days later. That is the first thing I found that wasn't good and when I realized that the plan for how I was to pick up my car had major holes from a customer's perspective. If the Redlands Ford would have known I was the customer, they would have certainly cleaned the car to an acceptable condition. After 3 weeks of waiting for my CA registration paperwork, I noticed that the TX temporary registration expired.

I called Scott and he told me they were having trouble getting the title from the other dealer and that it would take a while longer. Meanwhile, he would send me another TX temporary registration. It took Scott and Planet Ford a week to get me the temporary registration, meaning I was unable to drive my new car (not a happy customer at all now). After a week, I received a package from Planet Ford. The package contained the DMV paperwork and a check from Planet Ford made out to DMV. This is the paperwork they said they were submitting directly to DMV.

I called to ask what to do about this and at that point, I found out that Scott had quit working for Planet Ford. At this point I was very unhappy with how my “new car buying experience" was going. I also noticed that the check made out to DMV for my taxes and registration didn't seem to be enough. After doing some checking, I found that it was about $700. Short. Because I had not planned to come out of pocket any additional money, this was not a good thing at all. I called back to the Planet Ford dealer and after being bounced around between 3 or 4 people, they said they would see what they could do to address the following issues,

1. They said they didn't like the way the deal went down and was not their normal practice to do business like that, so they would look into it.

2. The car condition was not acceptable and the dealer should have arranged to clean it prior to me picking it up. Because it was dirty, I couldn't tell that the spots were not going to come off.

3. The DMV registration charges should have been calculated correctly, meaning no surprises.

After another week of calling and trying to get an update, I decided to take the DMV paperwork they sent me to my local DMV. I was told I had to smog my new vehicle because the Ford dealer didn't do it. I was never informed about this expense and I've never had to pay for this when buying a new car before. DMV also told me that I would have to pay an additional $65. For late fees because all out of state vehicles must be registered within 30 days of purchase. I was at day 31 and was not aware that Planet Ford was to send the paperwork to DMV within 30 days. I also had to pay an additional $640. Because the check that Planet Ford issued was insufficient. This was yet another surprise that really hurt.

I called Planet Ford and spoke to a David C. and Lauren Forgle, who said she was the Director of Sales. I explained everything to them. Lauren was very unpleasant and didn't help me at all. At this time, I decided to call Ford Corporate and filed a complaint with them about Planet Ford.

Within a couple of days, David C called me back and said he heard about my complaint with Ford Corporate and that he wanted to get this all taken care of right away. 3 days go by with no update and I called several times leaving him a voice message each time. Finally, I receive a call from Lauren stating that the GM and the dealership have decided not to help me at all. They would not reimburse me for the late fees to DMV, they would not reimburse me for having the car detailed by a professional to remove the water spots, and they would not pay for the smog.

I felt that Planet Ford acted very unprofessional and certainly unappreciative in this economy. Perhaps I should have bought a Toyota. I would never do business with Planet Ford again! I would also not do business with an out of state dealer ever again. I realize that if they had calculated the correct DMV fees that I would have had to pay those either way, but it wouldn't have been a surprise out of pocket expense and I would have known about those additional charges before agreeing to the deal. The condition of the car, the late fees to DMV, and the smog fees were absolutely ridiculous and Planet Ford did not represent Ford Corporate well.

Planet Ford allowed a “shady" deal to go down, asking me not to let Redlands Ford know I was the customer, and Planet Ford didn't care if I was a satisfied customer or not, even though Ford advertises 100% satisfaction guaranteed. I feel that Planet Ford owes me $500. For the detailer to correct the paint and glass damage, $65. For the DMV late fees, and $48. For the smog fees, at a minimum. While they could have refunded me the $600. To make things right, they choose not to. In fact to keep me happy, they should have paid me $1000. To $2000. Considering the lost time I had to put into getting this resolved and not to mention they could have just did the right thing. This was the worst new car buying experience that I've ever had, and this is my 3rd new Ford vehicle! Planet Ford should be shut down!

• St
    Stattixx Sep 25, 2013

We shopped the Humble store during a "Red Tag" sale. Truck came equipped with all the trinkets, it was a platinum with a lift kit. Price was $57, 000. Once we got paperwork signed(wife signed) I noticed the extra $14, 000. I went to them and they say too bad you already signed. I showed them sticker, paperwork, red tag sale price, etc. they told me I could have made that at home. I'm attempting to file a suit against them but that takes time and money. The GM Chuck Kramer just swept it under the rug and says "we did nothing wrong so go ahead and sue us". They lie, sneak, and worst of all they advertise that 100% customer satisfaction. Who buys an F-150 for $75, 000???? No one in the world would.

• Bo
    bobrae Nov 20, 2013

LIARS!! The whole lot of them are LIARS!! Went in on a Saturday to talk to a guy about a Ford Fiesta. We didn't get EITHER salesmen that we were refereed to and got handed to this new guy who couldn't keep his word. We were told if we got a co-signer, we were guaranteed the car we wanted. We came back Monday and gave them all the information we were supposed to and wasted 5 hours there be jerked around! Then they told us that our co-signer wouldn't work out and that we had to go off on our own credit.The salesman told us that he would work out a way for us to get the car we wanted and give us a call. THEY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR!! We didn't beat around the bush. They tried to sell the car for to us for $16k when the sticker price on the window was $14k and the online price was $12k!! The guy straight up told us that they make the online price so low to lure people into the dealership!! We got a call last night, the guy said that we were approved for the car at the payments we wanted and that we could come in today to get the car. THEY STRAIGHT UP LIED TO US!! We get there and yet again get handed over to ANOTHER salesman who tells us we couldn't get the car unless we put an outrageous down payment and still pay $400 per month on it!! Instead they tried to sell us a Ford Focus with WAY more miles on it than the Fiesta and with no warranty. We were furious!! We then asked for our deposit back we had put to keep the Fiesta on the lot and the guy took his sweet time getting it, chatting with the other salesmen wasting even more of our time!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!! They treat you like you're not even a human being and will screw you over and waste your time!! I WILL NEVER EVER GO TO THEM EVER AGAIN!!! Launched a complaint with the BBB and the GM Chuck Kramer says that they didn't agree to the complaint and said we're taking it out on them that we couldn't afford the car! Also, we did the math, $400 per month for 72 months comes to over $28, 000! That's more than twice the $12k they said they tried to sell us the car for. Hmmmm...

Resolved non refunded money

I purchased a vehicle from this dealership in Feb. 2008. (The buying experience should have warned me what...

Resolved do not go there

My name is Ernesto Medina and I was involved in a horrible deal with this dealership. Back in late December-early January, my wife and I were approved on a loan for a used 2006 GMC P-U. My wife provided a $500 coupon (from your website) and we provided a $500 down payment and my 1994 GMC P-U (with title). We drove off the lot and wouldn't you know - not even a week later, we had received a message stating that the loan was denied and that the dealership needed to the truck back or the police will be involved (message left on a Saturday night). We promplty took the truck back that following Monday to inquire what was going on. We were told that the bank required a larger down payment ($6500 more) to approve the loan. If we were informed in advance of this, we wouldn't have wasted your employees' time and ours, but we were duped into believing that the loan was approved only to look like idiots afterwards. Regardless, we turned in the vehicle and insisted for my truck with the title back. The truck was pulled up to the front and the title was missing. Infuriated, I demanded for my title because I didn't want to leave the lot without the title. Your employees spent some time trying to search for the title and ultimately couldn't find anything. We were supposed to pick up the check for the money put down within a day or two and informed them that we are going to pick up the check and would like to have the title to my truck, as well. We went on December 31st and picked up the check, but no title. I was outside waiting for my wife as my son was asleep. About 30 minutes passed, and she had informed me that they couldn't find the title and were going to order it and we should have it within 10 days. Irate, I left and gave you guys the opportunity to come through. We are now in February (February 9th to be exact) and I spoke with Billy (manager on my account) and was informed that it should have been ordered. But I had informed him that we had not received it and needed the title immediately. Whether or not legal action can be taken, I really didn't appreciate Billy comparing losing a title to a vehicle to losing a piece of newspaper. Regardless, he has informed me that the lady in charge of ordering that information was not in and that he would call her again tomorrow, 2-10, to check the status of the missing title (or paperwork). I am just disappointed with this dealership and plan on informing those I know never to experience the Randall Reed experience because you may get screwed in the long run. Thank you for your time.

• Bu
    burned buyer Apr 11, 2009

They are total rip-off dealerships. I have not heard of anyone that has had a good experience with this company. I too have been burned. I have turned them into the Texas State Department of Fraud. I don't know if I will ever see the money they owe me or not. BUYERS BEWARS DON'T EVER DEAL WITH ANY OF THE RANDALL REED'S PLANAT FORD DEALERSHIPS/

nothing Mar 31, 2011

whoever posted this comment please contact me I have some information for you. Similar thing happen to me. [email protected]

Resolved awful experience

I brought my car on 3/07/09 for a FORD factory recall to be done. When I gave my car to them everything wa...

Resolved planet ford =horrible service

My name is Ernesto Medina and I was involved in a horrible deal with this dealership. Back in late December/early January, my wife and I were approved on a loan for a used 2006 GMC P/U. My wife provided a $500 coupon (from your website) and we provided a $500 down payment and my 1994 GMC P/U (with title). We drove off the lot and wouldn't you know - not even a week later, we had received a message stating that the loan was denied and that the dealership needed to the truck back or the police will be involved (message left on a Saturday night). We promplty took the truck back that following Monday to inquire what was going on. We were told that the bank required a larger down payment ($6500 more) to approve the loan. If we were informed in advance of this, we wouldn't have wasted your employees' time and ours, but we were duped into believing that the loan was approved only to look like idiots afterwards. Regardless, we turned in the vehicle and insisted for my truck with the title back. The truck was pulled up to the front and the title was missing. Infuriated, I demanded for my title because I didn't want to leave the lot without the title. Your employees spent some time trying to search for the title and ultimately couldn't find anything. We were supposed to pick up the check for the money put down within a day or two and informed them that we are going to pick up the check and would like to have the title to my truck, as well. We went on December 31st and picked up the check, but no title. I was outside waiting for my wife as my son was asleep. About 30 minutes passed, and she had informed me that they couldn't find the title and were going to order it and we should have it within 10 days. Irate, I left and gave you guys the opportunity to come through. We are now in February (February 9th to be exact) and I spoke with Billy (manager on my account) and was informed that it should have been ordered. But I had informed him that we had not received it and needed the title immediately. Whether or not legal action can be taken, I really didn't appreciate Billy comparing losing a title to a vehicle to losing a piece of newspaper. Regardless, he has informed me that the lady in charge of ordering that information was not in and that he would call her again tomorrow, 2/10, to check the status of the missing title (or paperwork). I am just disappointed with this dealership and plan on informing those I know never to experience the Randall Reed experience because you may get screwed in the long run. Thank you for your time.

• Bu
    busterj Feb 11, 2009

Yes!! I had a similar experience in Jan 09. Patrick, one of the used car salesmen and Chris Griffin of finance both were extremely eager to convince me that my loan was approved and to allow me to drive off the lot. However, in the next few days they claimed to bank wanted further verifications of employment...YADA YADA... and I was required to give them more information. I then found out the salesman, Patrick, with my license in his face, had incorrectly written my name on the credit application to the bank. I did a car fax on the VIN and found out the car was a prior Hertz rental car, not the Executive Program car they had supposedly sold me. After promises that they were going to find a bank that would finance me and weeks of renegotiating the price, I was force to return the vehicle. When I asked for my 1500 downpayment back, they had the gall to tell me they would only return a little more than 800 due to a $25/day car possession fee and mileage fees. Needless to say I am speaking with counsel now. I have also informed my bank of their fraudulent practices. I believe, in this slow economy, this dealer resorts to these tactics in order to generate income either way (approved loan or usage fees). This is the absolute worst purchasing experience I have ever had and will make sure no one purchases from them if I can help it.

P.S. I have since purchased elsewhere without any of these road bumps

• Up
    upset diesel owner May 07, 2009

I HAD A PROBLEM WITH PLANET FORD 59 TOO, BUT WITH THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT MANAGER JEFF STAPP- REMEMBER THAT NAME BECAUSE I HAD HEARD THAT HE FLOATS FROM DEALER TO DEALER. MY PROBLEM WAS I FOR OVER A YEAR HAVE HAD MY F350 DIESEL SERVICED THERE AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, BUT FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS THAT JEFF STAPP CAME IN IT SEEMS LIKE MY TRUCK LIVES THERE AND WILL NEVER RUN RIGHT AGAIN. I HAVE BETTER LUCK DOING IT MYSELF IT WOULD BE THE SAME. I DO NOT ADVISE FOR ANYONE TO GET THIER VEHICLES SERVICED THERE AS LONG AS JEFF STAPP IS MANAGER AND HIS PEOPLE ARE THERE. IF RANDALL IS SMART HE WOULD DO THE SAME AS LONE STAR FORD DID. AS I CAN SEE THE SALES DEPARTMENT IS NO BETTER WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT THE GENERAL MANAGER, MAYBE DO YOUR JOB INSTEAD OF RUNNING A ZOO

• Tr
    treated unfair May 15, 2009

be careful with service manager jeff stapp and foreman andrew kodak. both very corrupt and dirty. not recommended to service vehicle at planet ford

• Gr
    Great Experience May 29, 2010

I think Randall Reeds Planet Ford's Service Department is outstanding. I've had nothing but good experiences using them.

• Lo
    LOVEPLANET Jun 24, 2010

I DONT KNOW WHY ANY ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THIS DEALER THEY ALWAY HAVE GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR ME

LOVE RANDALL REED

• Bo
    bobsmith54 Jun 24, 2010

Andrew Kodak was a great guy to do business with. He helped me get my winch in my jeep and also gave me tips to take care of it.

• Be
    BethFS Sep 13, 2010

I took my car in this morning to check brakes - had an 8 am service appt., they came back with the usual air filter is dirty and you need a throttle body cleaning yada yada, but when noon rolled around and finally they tell me the brakes needed new pads I hit the roof - I just replaced the brakes on my 2009 Journey in Sept. of 2009 with rotor work and the service manager told me the pads I bought were life time warranty. Fast forward to Sept. 2010 - now the pads I had are not life time warranty, and the service manager no longer works there so they won't honor his mistake. I was so livid, I'm standing there telling my husband on the cell what happened and a man standing next to me tells me he brought his truck in this morning for his oil change and alignment / rotation and when he left and got on the feeder - his wheel fell off cause they didn't put the lug nuts back on.

Um - WTF man get serious! I will not buy a car or service my car here ever again.

• Bi
    bigrednufsaid05 Feb 25, 2011

In regards to the complaints about the service department, I have had a few bad run ins with some of the advisors. But, it seems everytime I go in there there is a new advisor to assist me and so I wipe the slate clean and give them another chance. Grave mistake! Except for one guy, KC Mings. He has been there for awhile I have noticed but he always was to busy to greet me. Except for my last visit when it looked like they were not very busy. He came out and greeted me with such kindness and splendour! It was just an oil change visit but he made me feel like I W's a VIP. From now on I will always ask/wait for him! Incredible service man! And he has a super cute little boy! I suggest him to all my friends even if they don't own a Ford. KC will take care of them!

• Do
    Dominic2009 Mar 20, 2012

I also had a bad experience with Planet Ford 59, what should have been a plesant experience turned out to be extremely stressful. I saw a car on autotrader for under $9000 but when i went in, they went up $2000 on the car because i was not paying cash. My question is even if I was being financed, doesn't that mean they are getting their money up front from the financing company? So why did they have to go up on the price? In addition to which it took them 30+ days to replace a leaking windshield. The finance manger (Ruel) was the worst. He call me almost 2 weeks after the car was purchased because he needed additional documents, even though the contract had been "finalized". He further stated that if i did not comply that they would pick up the vehicle and charge me for days and mileage. His sales manger (Stuart) was just as bad. Their first choice was to threatened and take the car, even though i never refused to bring in additional documents even though they kept telling me the contract was finalized. For anyone who has problems, write Ford Motor Corporation and the Texas Attorney General, Consumer Protection division, and protect their practices to them. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR FROM THIS DEALER, ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DEPLORABLE!!!

• Wi
    William F. Gates Jun 24, 2012

Planet Ford in Humble is the WORST dealer in Texas!! They will lie and cheat you. Do not wast your time there. All the one line good reviews were written by the employees. You have been warned...

• Ta
    TA M Nov 01, 2012

The dealership is very bad, fraud and deception all over Don't tell them you are a veteran
    It got really BAD

• St
    Stattixx Sep 25, 2013

Resolved terrible experience

I saw an ad from planet ford stating 50% off Texas Editions F150, .so my wife & I went there. We bought one. I did not note until later that the rebate they gave me was only 28%. I know I should have walked away from deal, but did not note the rebate was not as advertised. I called later & spoke with one of their 'smoke & mirrors" guy who explained the 50% off only applied to f150's under the tent. I never saw a tent & salesperson never told me "look under the tent for real savings."

We love the truck just hate it that deceptive business practices are used. The smoke & mirrors guy admitted everybody else does it so they have to play same game. Corporate ethics demand only strong survive.. look at current economic crisis! Beware if you go to Planet Ford they employ unethical tactics!! Let the buyer beware!!! I forgot that rule.