Meijer / lake & trail boots

2-5 Bellevue, OH, United States Review updated:

I am a Transportation Supervisor for a local school district in Northern Ohio. I purchased a pair of Lake & Trail Boots in early September for the start of school. The Lake & Trail boots are waterproof, high ankle, meets the need of my daily job being out in the weather etc. As of Monday October 9th 2017, It was raining at our school bus stop. I quickly noticed that my new books had holes in the bottom of the rubber soles, and that my socks were wet. After looking at my boots, noticed both had holes in the same spots on the bottom of boots.
I do not have the receipt, but, is there a way that you can direct me to getting new boots? or perhaps a gift certificate for purchase of other boots at Meijer? I ask that you honor my request.

Do
Oct 13, 2017

Comments

• Le
      15th of Jan, 2018

Wore every day since mid October 2017 and one day I stepped into a shallow puddle of icy slush. My warm feet in the Lake Trail Thinsulate/waterproof boot felt icy cold water in left shoe. Got home 10 hours later to examine boot. The left sole has separated to allow water to enter underneath the ball of my feet. I examined the right boot and it too started to separate. I purchased ShoeGoo hoping to glue both soles back into position after drying the boots. After the boots dried, I found a crack in the sole next to the logo under the arch area. Just realized it is a futile effort to save boot if the sole cracked at the area that does not flex much. I would NOT recommend these boots. I wished I could get my money back. Here are three photographic image proofs.

• Th
      20th of Nov, 2018

@LeonChuck I agree with you. I tried coating the boots with rubber cement which worked fine wearing them a few times but failed afterwards

• Br
      2nd of Jun, 2018

I purchased a pair of L&T boots less than 2 months ago. Inside both boots my heel is pushing through the bottom of the boot to the sole. I have also gone through three pairs of laces as they keep wearing in the same spot. Not sure how much longer these boots will last but hoping to get 3-4 months out of them???

• Zb
      14th of Nov, 2018

I purchased the heavy L&T hiking boots over 5 years ago, and wear them all winter, doing lots of walking. The soles are starting to wear down, but the boots have held up in every way. Feet are always warm and dry. One of the best purchases I have made.

• Us
      7th of Dec, 2018

I think Lake & Trail boots changed their sole materials. My husband has used these for years and enjoyed the fit and durability. The last two pairs, however, wore out way too quickly. The tred must be thinner because you can see the holes that push right thru and it cracks. Water goes straight in. Because it was over 90 days, Meijer will not replace or refund. We will not be buying Lake & Trail anymore. Recommendations for good boots anyone?