[Resolved] Mediacom / Very poor service

1 Springfield, MO, United States Review updated:

1. My phone service continuously cuts out.

2. The phone beeps as if another call is coming in, but when we switch over to check, there is no other call. This happens constantly during conversations. When I called Mediacom's phone specialist, there answer was that I was supposed to keep a log of every time this happens. I don't think so. I'm paying for working service, not to work for Mediacom.

3. Although we were told they would take care of it within a couple days after installation, Mediacom still hasn't buried their cable. It's running across my back yard where the kids have tripped over it.

4. The television signal has cut out several times. We can only get our movie channels on one television.

5. After complaining about all of these things within my first 30 days and requesting a refund for the first month's service according to their "Money-Back Guarantee, " I was told that they wouldn't honor their guarantee. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told she was in a meeting, but she would call me back, but I've not received a call.

6. A Mediacom phone technician came to our house to fix the problem. He was here less than 5 minutes. He looked at our phones, clicked through a few menus on the television, and asked my wife to sign that he'd fixed the problem with no evidence. When she refused to sign, he rudely grabbed the tablet and walked out without a word.

7. I have complained 4 times via Mediacom's online form, which promises that someone will reply within 24 hours. I've not received one response from anyone from Mediacom in the last month.

These are the facts.

• Resolution statement

• Hi Bonnie

Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns here. We always strive to resolve issues with one service call. I do apologize for the repeat issues you have had with your Mediacom service. If there is anything I can assist you with now, please email me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com and I will do what I can to make things right.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Mediacom Social Media Team

Comments

• Bi
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I have lived in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Chicago, Overland Park, Kansas, and elsewhere. Medicom is the worst service I have had. For example:
    1. My internet was down eight days this spring. Mediacom said to make a note of it and take it off the bill. I have internet for service, not to "take it off" my bill.
    2. I have had a technician out three times this summer and I am still missing two-thirds of my movie channels.
    3. Mediacom replaced my cable. It laid on the ground from May 7 to June 24 and wasn't buried until I complained repeatedly.

• Bo
      19th of Nov, 2013

when I have had problems it is either 2 to 4 weeks before they can come here to check it out. had trouble with wifi and had to get them here 3 times within 2 weeks. getting an appointment with Mediacom is like getting an appointment with a doctor. you have to be at home when they are suppose to come for the appointment so if you have something else that needs done you can't do it.