Mcdonald's Restaurant - Raleigh, NC / bad drive-thru experience

1 United States

I went through the drive-thru at the McDonald's at 3810 Lake Boone Trail in Raleigh, NC 27607 on Sept. 21, 2007. I asked for a hamburger happy meal with a sweet (no ice). The person taking my order had an accent that made it difficult to understand how much I owed. It sounded like $2.55 so I prepared $2.75. I drove around to the window and gave the money to the girl, who gave me back $.42 in change. I didn't add it up until later, when I saw my receipt. I picked up my food and drove away. When I started to eat I saw that I had chicken nuggets (cold and tough in texture, by the way), and tea with ice. I could handle the ice but the taste of the tea was awful, and McDonald's tea is usually good. The receipt had $1.70 for the happy meal, $.99 for the small tea for a total of $2.90. It said I tendered $3.00 and should have received $.10 in change. This tells me that the whole order was wrong and I spent money on a very distasteful meal. The order was not a large one but I still feel it should have been correct and tasting good.