McDonalds - Nambour / manager takes young girls number from computer system

Australia, Queensland, Sunshine Coast Review updated:
Mcdonalds Nambour
Sunshine Coast
I have an issue where it has come to my attention that my daughter as well as other girls (ages range from 15 to 20). Have several sexual assault claims plus evidence proving that a married McDonalds staff member takes the number of these girls off the management to staff contact list (Staff computer), and then uses their numbers of coarse to contact them outside of work, even in my daughters case... Asking about her personal relationship with her boyfriend, suggesting she had gone around work saying her and her boyfriend had broken up.
As you can imagine, my daughter now feels quite weary of returning to work.

Why does Mcdonalds not require their Management staff to hold a Blue-Card (Australia's way of not putting pedophiles in positions that have children, such as child-care, after school care, youth support groups).

I ask those of you who have dealt with something similiar or know someone who has to simply suggest what they believe the "right" coarse of action in a situation like this.

I find myself driving through when I eat at McD's and have to fight that inner devil that keeps suggesting I pin him against a wall everytime I see him.

A  17th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
If Mcdonalds hires children because of cheaper pay rates, Shouldn't McDonalds find it important their "young" staff FEEL SAFE AND THAT THEY ACTUALLY ARE SAFE.

Worse Is - McDonalds won't comment on why staff are still getting away with Sexual Abuse at work.
N  13th of Apr, 2010 by
I was one of these girls! I know exactly the manager you are talking about. When I first began working at Nambour McDonalds I began to receive messages on my personal mobile from this manager. He began simply asking me how I was enjoying working. As this man was my boss, and not knowing whether it was common practice for managers to contact new staff to see how things were going I replied. However shortly after, his messages became more personal asking about my "love life" etc. At this point I ceased replying.

Although at the time, I did not do anything about it, I feel now that I should have notified someone. People like this should not be allowed to work in a place with access to people’s personal records, let alone young girls.

Nambour McDonald’s, seems however, to have little concerns with sexual assault matters such as this. On one occasion I was working on drive-thru in the morning and a man came through with his genitals fully exposed. When I notified the managers they told me to forget about it, and that this man does it all the time. Surely a matter such as indecent exposure to young girls is something of a concern, and should be dealt with in order to prevent it from happening again, or more serious matters progressing.

Nambour McDonald's should seriously review both their managers intentions and staff policies, and wake up to the dangers they are putting their staff through.

McDonald's Logo McDonald's