McDonalds Coffee / advertisement

This evening I saw three advertisements for mcdonalds coffee in spanish and I am in the US, our language is english. I have traveled over seas to Germany and Turkey and all Mcdonalds are in english but in the United States you advertise in spanish . Are we ashamed to be Americans and english speeking ? I will now go to Burger King for my morning coffee. Our goverment has chosen english for the US's language when has this changed, I am insulted, my family came from Germany but I don't see you advertising in German, you can come from anywhere in the world but when in America speek english. Greatly Insulted

D  13th of Jul, 2009 by
If you're going to complain about how we should all "speek" English, please check your spelling and grammar.

P.S. McDonald's coffee is delicious. Ignore this ###.
N  13th of Jul, 2009 by
I'd guess it depends on what channel you are watching. I'm in Canada and we speak english, however, depending on the channel we get programming in a number of different languages.

I don't see anything insulting about having different languages airing on certain channels - if you don't want a different language, don't watch that channel. What's insulting is thinking that english is the only language that's acceptable, considering the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of people in the US (and Canada) who actually do speak other languages as well as english.

I'm not particularly delighted that we have two official languages here, but if I don't want ads or programming in french, I don't watch the channels that air them.
N  13th of Jul, 2009 by
I'll also add to that...I hate McDonald's coffee. Give me Tim Horton's any day.
A  13th of Jul, 2009 by

You must live somewhere in the United States where you don't have to deal with "speeking" spanish.

I think its pretty ###ing sad that this country caters to people who don't even bother to learn the language that is spoken here.

How many times have you gone to a country where English isn't the native language? Do they cater to you? ### no.
N  14th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Germans don't spell speak as "speek", you dumb mother###er.
N  23rd of Jul, 2009 by
You all sound super ignorant...Super.

Last time I checked, McDonalds has this thank you promotion featuring the word thank you in EVERY language.

And um, maybe you were watching the Spanish station?

And um, insulted by another language? Does knowledge insult you? That's sad. I'd give my right arm if I could speak Spanish, and German, and Chinese, and Aramaic...
D  10th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Wow, look at the % of hispnics in the nation versus the % of Germans. It has to do with making something available to a HUGE population in the States. Learn Spanish and get over it. being bilingual is so much better. CULTURE YOURSELF! Y que vivan los latinos :)
A  10th of Dec, 2009 by
I seriously cannot believe you idiots think American's should "have to" learn spanish. I don't care how many people ran over the border illegally or if they did come here legally (doubtful) this is an English speaking country. If a bunch of American's ran across the border would Mexican's learn English for us? Hell no they wouldn't. I am sick of Dora the ###ing explorer and the politically correct ###. Our official language is English either learn it or get the ### out!
D  27th of Jan, 2010 by
Cry me an effing river, you ethnocentric little ###!
And, by the way, the United States doesn't have an "official language". American English is the common language, but it has no special legal status.

McDonald's Logo McDonald's