Mcdonalds Burlington / refusal of service

Mc Donalds Burlington
King and Plains
Visited IKEA today and stopped into McDonalds for a bite to eat afterwards only to have my order refused. Coming from the London - Windsor area, a very popular order is a Double Cheeseburger dressed like a Mac, in London and Windsor they have special wrapping and a register button devoted to this order. When I attemtped to order this very item in Burlington both the clerk and the manager looked at me like I had asked for the world on a gold platter.

It was explained to me that not a single restuarant in Burlington would serve me this order since I would be "ripping off the restaurant" and that I need to order a full Big Mac meal and that there was no difference other then an extra piece of bread. When I calmly responded that it is that very piece of bread I do not want and this order is very common since my college days back to 2003 and that I was willing to pay the extra 39 cents to have my cheeseburger dressed differently; I received no apology when I was told "I can't do that for you, I'll give you a package of Mac sauce." Instead of offering another meal or product or accepting my offer to pay extra for this simple service, the manager reiterated that she can not allow her customers to rip off and steal from her restuarant.

Frankly, since we were a group of 4, she lost 4 potential customers over something so simple like ketchup vs thousand island dressing. We all left without ordering and felt very displaced. In today's economy if you have customers walking into your place of business ready to hand money over to get something they want, you should be willing to accomodate your customer in any way, thanking them for spending their hard earned money with you during these tough times. We and our money were flatly turned away and we went down the road to Wendy's who was happy to tailor any order for any one; and took our money with a smile and a thank you.

When I attempted to tell McDonalds about this service refusal and the annoyance of inconsistent restuarant offering, I was further surprised to see that McDonald's Canada doesn't want to hear from their customers, offering no email address or contact form for their customers. As a multi billion dollar company, wouldn't you want to hear from your customers in real time, at their convienence. In this economy, aren't your customers everything, their loyalty and the value they see in your product - I'm pretty sure thats all thats going to get a business through this economic turndown - but hey, since a little bit of Mac sauce is going to make the company tight this fiscal, I guess I"ll continue eating elsewhere until McDonalds changes their tune about wanting my money.

N  11th of Jul, 2009 by
WoW. You sound like a douche. Please don't lecture me about the economy while you are on vacation. I WILL NOT get on my hands and knees and serve you just because you're waving four whole dollars in my direction.

Maybe they just didn't know what the hell you were talking about, which I'm sure is the case. I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and calmly explain they probably had no idea what you meant, as even I had to read it a few times in order to gather that you wanted a burger without an extra piece of bread.

However, after reading your whole letter, I feel justified in calling you a ###. I cannot believe you wanted to write a letter to the McDonald's corporation about this!!! Do you have that much time on your hands? Some of us have to work you know...

Anyway, since McDonald's is franchised, you should know that the menu is NOT the same everywhere. It even says in the commercials "offer not available at all locations". Gawd.
N  20th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
London - Windsor Area is 2-3 hour drive from Burlington. London is also a city in CANADA, Brits is not an appropriate term here. Congrats on being a ###.
N  2nd of Aug, 2009 by
Does it matter? I'm glad you passed your geography classes in the 5th grade, but back to the matter at hand...This guy is an adult acting like a child. Do you have anything to say about that? Or are you the upset traveler?
N  2nd of Aug, 2009 by
Besides, that's an easy mistake for anyone to make.
N  19th of Mar, 2010 by
hi, my name is nicole me and my boyfriend just visited your wyndotte location in windsor for breakfast and there was man sitting in the booth behide me i felt something hit my hand and then fell into to my food and realized he was cutting his nails behide me than my boyfriend looked at my value sauage mc muffen and there was his nail. i was so disgusted and told the guy he shouldn"t be cutting his nails in a mc donalds where people are eating and we just got up and left i was to disgusted to eat i wasas no longer hungry.please contact me at nikkip69@hotmail.com
N  29th of Jun, 2014 by
MacDonald's Burlington, King & Plains.
This has got to be the worst franchise in History, They complain to you when the food order is wrong. Their management is VERY poorly trained and have absolutely no concept of customer service.
A busy restaurant is bound to make errors but this restaurants inability to handle these errors is simply disturbing and unacceptable.

McDonald's Logo McDonald's