McDonalds Bundaberg City / no service no icecream

1 Targo St BundabergBundaberg, Queensland, Australia Review updated:

Ongoing saga with not only this mcdonalds known as CITY but WEST BUNDABERG AND HERVEY BAY.
No matter what time e seem to go into the store they are always out of something whether it is a beverage item such as coffee or something as simple as softserve.
Tonight AGAINST all the better parts of me, I decided we would visit the City 24hour store, Waited 15 minutes Clear in the drive thru to be told they had no icecream. I demanded to know what the story was from the young man serving me. He imediently replied The machine goes into heat mode and we cant use it. So i told him WHY DONT YOU PUT A SIGN AT THE START OF DRIVE-THRU SAYING THIS SO I DIDNT HAVE TO WASTE MY 15 MINUTES????
No response apart from an ohh im sorry,
Which i must add is the first time in three years that i have ever heard from a staff member.
Firstly you turn up to this particular store and there is a poorly written sign (Blue Biro pen torn a4 paper and a tiny bit of tape ) Stating go to last window for order????
Im FED UP! When i used to work with almost identical machines there was a simple switch on the front that enabled you to choose between HEAT, DISTRIBUTE, CLEAN, AUTO and OFF,
Why cant they establish procedures to just turn the machine to heat manually during low times such as 1am to 4am????
I know this will accomplish nothing but i thought id try,
Ive given up ringing the useless store
What else can one do??? ITs not like Im asking for a bloody hundred of the things I just wanted one

St

Comments

• Ip
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Honestly.
    Get over it.
    I'm sick of people like you being completely immature about his sort of thing, I don't work at McDonald's West, City, or Hervey Bay but I know people who do.
    They slave away to make your food and the thanks they get is people like you whinging and whining to things that the crew themselves cant fix.
    If you have a problem take it up with the manager, the crew cant do anything about it, do you think that they can whip out their magical tools and fix the problem themselves, no!, so stop with the abuse against them and stop having a whinge about ICE CREAM because its people like you that evidently force these teenagers/young adults out of their jobs.

• Ba
      1st of Jul, 2009

i wan complain auto city mc'donald...i order chicken burger, but they giv me beef burger, when im reach home i jus know is beef burger!!
    then second time i order chicken mc deluxe 1set, the drinking i wan change to milo ice, then they say ok!!but after that they giv me cola!!then total is expensive than before!!why?? i wan know how!!?pls giv me a reason!!!i very angry!!!then they never giv me receipt!! this servise very bad!!so pls give me reason!!!and next time pls dun have this servise again!!!

baby ho...

19th of Jul, 2009

i work at maccas west aii.. and it isnt a easy job believe me... we are tryin to help you get your order the people who give you your food arnt the people that make your burgers so dont complain to them, , simply ask them if u can either have a refund or fix it do not yell cuz that just makes them mess up more because they get very stressed tryin to get the order right... we have hard times gettin through to the back boys tellin them if the order is wrong when it is very busy cuz they have alot to work with... ICE CREAMS wtf we dont mend the machine... the machine gets worked alot and you wouldnt no this because u dont work there, , , you dont no that before you probably ask for your iceccream 100 people hav already asked for theres and got it and the machine cant keep up.. so all you have to wait for is about 5-10 mins and it will be ready for your service... dont yell at the people who serve you... they are tryin there best and we dont have time to go out to the front of drive threw for just a simple icecream sign when it will probably be workin in the next 5-10 minutes... expecially when we are really busy we dont have time to do all this.. becuase we need all staff help and we dont want anyones rudeness becasue we are ALL tryin our hardest to satisfy you... go get a job there see how you cope because i bet you it isnt as easy as you think and you will probably quit becasue some person has yelled at you for something as simple as icecream get over it.. go to iga they are fulll of icecream :) thankyou

• Ns
      13th of Aug, 2009

I totally agree with the comment above from someone who works there. Its not as easy as you might think working at McDonalds. The crew that operate the drivethrough simultaneously take you order with the headset, greet a car at the window and take their money, get yelled at by the manager for not going fast enough and try to remember to give out things like toys all at the same time. Then they have to run around getting together food and drinks and remembering all your special requests, whilst listening to another order and memorising it untill they have time to get back to the register and enter it in. All in under 3 minutes for each car from the time they drive past the very first menu board. So amoungst all of that, making pretty little signs about icecream that is unavailable is rather not a priority! The comment above is right, the crew honestly do try their best to satisfy every customer. It is not their fault that something is not working, or that something has run out. Maybe some people like you need to think about what it is like from the inside.

• Be
      30th of May, 2010

the poster above. its not that hard. i work in fast food, and it's relatively easy.

• Tr
      20th of Jul, 2010

errr. well i do work at city mcdonalds and waiting for 15 minutes is a load of crap. not only is our maccas one of the fastest, but we are a franchise, and we cant always afford to have $5000 dollar repairs on a machine. there are literraly about 20 other places to get icecream in bundaberg so shut your hole. we slave away to give you food, and to make you happy, but is this not enough?

• Je
      13th of Oct, 2010

Next time i pass through im going to record driveway, counter and take video of the dining room, and the [censor] about not being able to afford repairs what a load of [censored]e they turn the machine off the same at hrvy bay gympie and the two bundaberg maccas! Turnover at these sites is by far enough to pay for repairs from MVO, Quite frankly i think that the manlys if they still manage to be franchisees need to do some serious managment consultation. As for you foolish employees; havent you read your terms of employment? Which specifically states "You are not permitted to talk on behalf of the store, " especially when it comes to dealing with the media...
    Again tonight we chose maccas city stupidly food=crap, service= what service, cleanliness= 2/10
    They cant even manage to put the correct amount of ingredients on the burgers!
    But again Mcdonalds dont care, its up to us to stop paying these dimwits our money!
    Customers pay your wages!
    Mcdonalds train you how to do your job! Just look at other stores that magically manage to get the job done right! If you cant hack it go work for a cleaner and scrub floors or collect garbage!
    One customer on average tells 7 and so on, i definetly know ive mentioned it to about 3000 or so...

• Nu
      24th of Aug, 2011

mcdonalds stores have been notorious for years at having crap service, messing up meals, how about they learn to do things with better efficiency as well as speed. it isnt that hard to double check orders going out, instead food is changing hands with to many staff, leading to missing orders. i can guarantee that one in three orders i get, they have stuffed it up.

18th of Dec, 2011

Lmao McDonald's bundaberg is the worst in qld even when I travel to other towns the service is extremely better, we got told by a staff member from west mcdonalds to go [censored] ourselves cause we asked her to take the meal back n remake after watching it leave her hands into another car, it is my right as a customer to refuse possibly contaminated food, would she of rathered a law suit on the chance we got sick. I may being paranoid but it is my right as a customer, if I told my customers the same thing I would expect a slap in the face, I am soooooooo disgusted with McDonald's constantly losing the battle with politeness

• Sh
      20th of Dec, 2011

The bundaberg McDonald stores are some of the best in Australia. I'm a consultant for hygiene products and stop at maccas all over Australia and you people don't realize how lucky you are . Some McDonald's don't know what their doing so stop and at least say thank you to these people for doing jobs that you can't do. Cook for yourselves! I do everytime I'm home and im on the road 8 months of the year so how about you learn to put a fry pan or a wok on and cook ey? Instead of blaming the 15 yr olds who just want some money for the movies.

18th of Jan, 2012

Cook for yourself lmfao how do u have a hygiene job with out take away stores

18th of Jan, 2012

I work in hospitality lol McDonald's aren't the only form of take away that's why I know their service is pathetic

18th of Jan, 2012

Not sure if u noticed but this is a complaints board if u don't like people's complaints simply don't read a forum full of them

19th of Jan, 2012

Name calling real adult

• La
      24th of Jan, 2012

@ragon. It's about "ragon", he also has several accounts with various names...

Dear visitors or topic posters, Please don't be offended by the 3-year-old child, malnourished, dysfunctional, molested by his dad, his mom, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins, and acquaintances. He needs a lot of emotional support and has anger issue and in needs of pschological help. He also tends to impersonate people and routinely creates accounts with the same names as the complaint posters on this website to post stupid replies to the topic, to make the OP look bad. He gets high when he gets attention, he doesn't care what kind.

Just a heads up,