McAfee / terrible product

1 Glasgow, Scotland, Strathclyde, United Kingdom Review updated:

I purchase 3 years subscription to mcafee live safe when I purchased my laptop last year, the past two months my computer has been running progressively slower and slower and frequently stalling. I also had my bank account hacked by spyware installed on my computer, My mcafee picked up nothing, when I rang them they couldn't care less, they refered me to a third pary company who said I would have to pay £189 to have my computer checked, I asked to be transfered to customer services as I wanted to cancel my cover they could not have cared less, so I uninstalled it and installed AVG, what a difference it is like having a new computer it is working super fast no stalling, I would highly advise anyone thinking of buying mcafee not to do so. The customer serivce team speak poor english, which i cannot blame them for obviously mcafee prefer to out source to india as it is alot cheaper but it makes communication extremelly difficult and feels like there is no accountabiltiy directly to the company, they were more than happy to cancel my subscription with out any offer of a solution.

Lb
May 3, 2015

Comments

• Do
      10th of Mar, 2008
    Mcafee - Firewall upgrade not received!
    McAfee
    New Zealand

I have paid using my BNZ Visa card, McAfee for an Upgrade to the Firewall protection software and this had not been achieved because I am still being asked by McAfee to pay for an upgrade!

• St
      8th of Jul, 2009
    Mcafee - Unauthorized renewal
    California

Unauthorized renewal by McAfee.
    Also, their software is dangerous to computers; it also killed mine.

• Pi
      8th of Jun, 2010
    Mcafee - computer not protected

My computer is suppose to be protected by McAffee and it has to be fixed every day and when i contact customer support they tell me i have to pay for support. what a crock of sht. they don't back up their product. worst scam company around.

• Rw
      28th of Jul, 2011
    Mcafee - worthless coverage

Absolutely worthless computer coverage; site won't open; their virtual advisor doesn't work; can't even get their own help icon to function; now understand why Consumer Reports said they were the worst coverage available; don't waste your money of this ripoff!!!

• Mi
      7th of Dec, 2011
    Mcafee - Double charging
    Mike Cochrane
    Edinburgh
    Scotland, Lothian
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 07866985043

I purchased online McAfee Anti Virus on 5 November and when I got my credit card statement I realised they had charged me for the same product I had purchased on the 5th and the 6th of November. They now owe me a credit of £39.99 which I will try to sort out tomorrow.

• Ro
      10th of Feb, 2012

On 2-3-2012, I purched protection in the amout of $139.05 for a three year contract. AS of this date there has been no McAfee on my computor 2-09-2012. What is going on? You have me locked up from getting the internet. I can not get my email without the internet. Wake up you sleepy head and get off your ###|||.

• Di
      23rd of Apr, 2014
    Mcafee - uninstall

Dell installed McAfee on my home computer and it was fine but when I didn't want it any more I tried uninstalling it and I have files that I can not get rid of.