Maytag / refrigerator, dishwasher and stove.

1 Lake Havasu City, AZ, United States Review updated:

I built and moved into my new home July 2014. Because this was going to be my home forever I wanted to buy the best of everything...Including appliances, (stove, refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher) so I decided to buy Maytag believing it was the best product. I was wrong. The first day the refrigerator leaked water and flooded my kitchen. I called and they said they will fix it. I said "NO" I didn't buy a repaired refrigerator and they brought a new one. Months later I called the appliance store and said the stove cooling fan would stay on 2-2 1/2 hrs after oven was turned off. They replaced a part and it didn't fix it. The dishwasher never would dry the dishes from day one. Now the door spring failed and door has to be completely closed or it will fall open. On the good side the microwave has worked flawlessly. That's three out of four of Maytag products that failed. Avoid their products. I paid thousands more to get a poor product.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Aug 14, 2017

We are very sorry to hear this Mark, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We would be glad to look into this if you could email us at Maytag_Digital@Maytag.com with your name, address, phone number, site where you posted and the model & serial numbers of the appliance you are experiencing an issue with.

Ma
Aug 13, 2017

Comments

• Jk
      13th of Aug, 2017

Hon, these are not your grandma/grandpa's Maytag appliances. As you now know. Maytags have a good number of complaints on the internet. Many like you describe. As a rule of thumb these days I stick to Whirlpool or Frigidaire. But in any event, always check your stars on the day you sign for appliances, an automobile, or any "gadget." Always make sure your natal Mercury is void of course, and transiting Mercury is not forming a square with your natal Mars, Mercury, or Saturin. Those are days you NEVER sign on the dotted line for those items. Sure to be a disaster. Enjoy your new home.