Maytag Quiet 300 Series Legacy / doesn't work right & they don't stand behind their products

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher 2 years ago, the dishwasher constantly swicthes itself from normal wash to rinse cycle on it's own. Then it takes 2 hours to run behind you can attempt to rswitch it back to the normal cycle which at 2 years old is not even switching back. And again, I didn't know that 2 hours was a normal running time which Maytag claims is. They want me to pay a service charge to have someone come out and look at it. Maytag says that any defects will come out within the 1st year so anythign after that is on me. So those commercials that say their products work so well that the repairman has nothing to do is a bunch of hoopla. They just don't back up their products for more than a year. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND PURCHASING ANYTHING MAYTAG!!! THEY DON'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!!

Db

Comments

• Da
      1st of Aug, 2009

It's sounds like it's running normally. I have owned one for about 2 years. They work well, and a the usual cleaning cycle is 2 hours in which it will drain, refill, and rinse several times. The 2 hours includes drying.

• Pi
      28th of Aug, 2009

I'm trying to figure out why my 300 series Maytag all of a sudden quit working properly. I press the wash button, the unit fills with water, then shuts off completely. I push the start button twice and it will drain (as the manual states it will) then start the process again only to have it repeat the same steps. I've been looking all over the web for solutions and the recurring theme I find is that MAYTAG IS A PIECE OF ###! The unit is less than 3 years old and I've had other brands throughout the years that were a minimum of 10 years old that still worked well. So much for the "lonely Maytag repairman" . Maybe they build such junk that people are finally finding out and rather than fix them people are just replacing them with more reliable (and lower priced) dishwashers.

9th of May, 2010

Maytag used to be a great company for appliances and stood for quality. They were bought out by Whirlpool and everything went downhill from there. Whirlpool does not build quality appliances and do not stand behind their products. Very sad that a less than credible company could purchase such a great name and in no time reduce it to junk. Don't be mad at Maytag, it is Whirlpool that has done this.