Maytag

Posted:

won't clean dishes!

3.75
Maytag Quiet Series 300
I have a quiet series 300 also, I may as well wash all the dishes by hand because if I put them in the dishwasher with ANY food on them, it will still be there when it's done "washing" them and I'll have to do it anyway. That's even with EVERY feature turned on despite that it takes forever to NOT clean the dishes. I've had it for a year, it's the WORST dishwasher I have EVER used. The door latch stopped working about a week after the warranty was up so now we have to pry it out with a knife to get it to latch so it will NOT wash the dishes. Basically it's a $400+ dollar sanitizer and a waste of water and electricity. I will never buy another Maytag appliance. Any future purchases will be Kenmore.
Complaint comments Comments (361) Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances

Comments

N  25th of Nov, 2006 by    0 Votes

Maytag fridge - 6 foot tall paperweight
Canada

I will never buy or recommend a maytag product again.only four years of use and only used by one person myself the compressor is already finish maytag charges 500.00 dollars for part 67.00 for house call and labour fees thats almost 700.00 a fridge is suppose to last much much longer than that shame on you for advertising quality products when it is only junk
N  2nd of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Inability to get anyone to answer the phone to hear my needs

90 minutes today on hold....35 yesterday. no answer at all from the number given me for my extended warranty claim. when I called my dealer back to make sure I was doing the right thing I was reassured that not only was I dialing and asserting correctly but that there was no other recourse for me in my pursuits except to keep calling and stay on hold.

My cordless phone literally lost its charge while I was on hold. the extended warranty company is called dependability plus. Wrong name: for sure!
N  19th of Jan, 2007 by    0 Votes

Maytag Dependability Plus Service - Scheduling and poor workmanship

We purchase a Amana washer ( model # DLW330RAW) - ( serial # 11495296AP ). With this purchase of the washer we also purchased a extended warranty that was a 3-year contract. Last year 2006 washer started acting up we called for service, this was the first time someone came out to fix washer.

At that time they replace belts . They did this twice. Now washer is smoking making loud noise. We call again another repair person can out. At this time service man told us that the washer had seized up again because the service person before him left something undone.

This was on July 19th , 2006 at 12:48 pm. At this time service person said he had to order some parts and he would return on July 27th, 2006 at 2:16pm to repair washer he completed this on July 27th, 2006. This is what was replaced ( transmission kit, milks tool bearing, main bearing assembly and belt spin and pump.
Washer work alright until this time here which was January 18th ,2007. Call at 11:05pm and talk with a customer service rep name Camille ( this all under our present Maytag Dependability Plus Service Certificate) .
. I was given a claim number 1780357 and a date January 19th , 2007 also a time frame that the repair person would come to check this problem out the time frame was 8:00am to 5:00pm.
About 2:30pm I called to check too see if repair man was going to come. At this time I was informed that I was not schedule for an appointment.
Because the call was received after 5:00pm which the customer service rep should had mention this when I called on the 18th of January ,when you call after 5:00pm you can not be scheduled for service visit.
Today when I called back I ask to speak to a supervisor
I was put in touch with a supervisor named Jake his line # is 55347.
He is telling me that nothing could be done for me to call Maytag. Called Maytag and I was switch back to a A&E rep at which time they switch me to Sears and Sears switch me to back to A&E which I finally took a date of January 25th ,2007 between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm. I have set waiting for this repair person all day long .
This is really terrible that you pay your money for these services and still you get no satisfaction . It's has if you are being taken advantage of.
I am totally dissatisfied with the work that has been done on my washer it has not work right since these service tech have service it.
N  3rd of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes
Are you still under your manufacturers warranty? A & E Factory Service handles issues while under the first year.

If you have an extended service contract - I would continue to call them. Were you scheduled for an appointment when you set up your claim or were they going to send it to a service provider?

Verify the number that you are supposed to call (on your Certificate of Coverage) and call them to find out the status - also try calling at different times (later in the evening, Sundays) the call hold time is much less then. Hope this helps and let me know if I can help you further!
N  13th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Maytag Neptune Washing Machine - All of your clothes smelling like urine

Great washing machine if you don't mind all of your clothes smelling like urine. The machine is faulty by design. All of our clothes smell of mildew regardless of the soap used, time left in drum, number of washes, repeated cleanings, repeated service calls, etc. Maytag has offered $200 off of a new Maytag washer. Why would anyone bother? How about $200 towards a GE, LG, Kenmore, ...
N  21st of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Don't make the same mistake as I did!
Canada

You have got to be kidding. We bought our MAYTAG appliances, washer and dryer from Home Depot. Yeah, we spent a little bit more but hey, nothing like peace of mind. WRONG!! Delivery was 2.5 months late. We had just had a baby so it was really nice to hand wash out close and dry them hanging around the house.

Because it took them so long to delivery we sent in our $50 rebate a little later than anticipated. WRONG again, we were refused as they received the paperwork after the deadline date. Eh. Nice. But it was their fault and we even wrote them a letter and mailed in with the rebates. No luck. The letter was still folded, almost as if no one had read it.

8 months down the road, I noticed that our dryer was out of wrack, making these weird noises and a rolling sound. Almost like there was a rock rolling around when the dryer was working. Yep, someone came by. "The motor needs to be replaced" he said. What? It's only 8 months old.

Please, don't make the same mistake I did, please do not buy Maytag - no peace of mind there!
N  7th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

Maytag / Washing Machine - Problems with Maytag washing machine!

3 years ago we purchased a Maytag washing machine, which out of the blue it developed an overflowing problem. The washer kept filling up and would not shot down, which in turn flooded my basement causing damage to our carpet and other items. Naturally since the guaranteed had expired it meant that to repair the washer it would have set us back several hundreds of dollars so we chose to purchase a new washer. On May 29 I contacted Maytag via e-mail and just today received a reply which basically told me though luck, it was my responsibility to repair the machine no matter the cost. Is there anything that I can do?

Maytag Window Air Conditioner - Poor service

I purchased a MAYTAG window air conditioner on line from Home Depot - they shipped me a Fedders which is okay BUT!!! The Fedders was made in 2005 - it was an old one and had to have the internal panel replaced in one month. I could of returned it to the store (they shipped free but refused to pick it up) however I was out my installation charge. I could get through to no one one this complaint - they were insulting. It doesn't matter I paid 199.00 plus having it installed. I am 76 years old can't haul air conditioners around.

Maytag French Door Bottom Freezer - Circuit board failure

After 1 hour and 40 minutes on hold to Maytag's 800 number. I did get a chance to talk top a real person concerning the 06 Maytag costly refrigerator. PROBLEM defective main circuit board (made in China). This circuit board controls all functions on this refrigerator.

To my dissatisfaction Maytag/Whirlpool has not stated what they intend to do for subsequent circuit board failures. Yes, I did get a brochure to purchase an extended warranty. For a refrigerator costing $2610.00 a one year warranty is a bit skimpy. I have requested a response in writhing but none received to date 7-07. Please post similar complaints for the Maytag refrigerator for I know there have been many circuit board failures.

Maytag / Refrigerator - Lemon Product - poorest ever customer service

DO NOT EVER BUY A MAYTAG APPLIANCE!!

Their customer Service is the worst experience ever. My wife and I purchased a new side by side refrigerator. The compressor broke 1 1/2 weeks after the warranty expired. We got the compressor for free but Maytag wouldn't take into consideration that the warranty was only 1 1/2 weeks past the expiration date. The unit has also leaked for the whole 3 years. We have had them out twice for repairs and in total have had to pay $477.oo in service call fees (By the way the unit is still not fixed as of this email). We were on vacation when the last leak started again and had tile damage to the tune of over $500. The customer service Reps manager actually laughed out loud on the phone when I suggested that Maytag was liable to pay for the damages. The warranty is useless and the customer service is the same. Please I implore anyone who reads this: " Do NOT BUY A MAYTAG PRODUCT"!
N  24th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Maytag Dependability Plus - Unhappy with service provided!

We have a washer that is covered by a MayTag dependability Plus coverage. On May 27, 2007 I called for service on the washer on June 5th a service technician came to our house parts was placed on order and a technician was scheduled to come back on June 12th.

They called to reschedule because parts were on backorder but I should have them within a week. The parts were to be mailed to our house and I was to call to schedule a technician I called again on July 5th and was told the parts were still on backorder but I should receive them soon. Today is July 24th and the parts still have not arrived I called and was given another date of AUG 3, 2007 that the parts should be here by. Not sure I believe them.

It's time to renew our annual Maintenance Coverage but I feel that we have not been provided the service we should have received and I feel that we should either receive a continuation of service at no charge or a replacement washer.

I've emailed both Maytag complaining as well as MAYTAG Dependability Plus.
N  27th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Not dependable service

We have had numerous problems with this washer. Up until now, the service was fine.
We now have had several boxes in our home for over a month waiting for service.
We needed to reorder parts as the ones delivered were rusted. I was told to call asap when the parts came and did so. We were to have service onjuly28th by calling robert at 732 6202050. We did not get a return call. I called the service dept-paul and maria were helpful, routed my request for service and said i would get a call in an hour. It is now 5 hours later and i am still wating.
I called again, spoke with a supervisor, he said that the service is for wed, aug 1. I am not home!!!And did not request this date!!
After 5+ hrs of calling, being on hold for up to 25 minutes i had to reschedule for august 29. That would make 2+ months for service.
I am very upset with the way you are handeling this service call/. Robert, paul and maria should have followed up with this.
Maytag is supppose to be a reliable product. If this washer is any example of that, i would not recommend it and if someone did want to purchase it i would not recommend your service.
On a 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest, that would be your score for this service.
This has been a terrible experience and you can be sure that we will not be buying any maytag products in the future.

Lenore grubman
A  27th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
Add me to the circuit board flashing club. I have a Maytag Ice2NO... The first one bought April 2006 and deliver. It never gave me ice. I wrote and called the company and demanded a new one which they brought a week later. I told them for $2300 a didn't want a defective one. Now 15 months later I have the blinking lights and flapping ice machine thing. Luckily they extended my warranty to October 07 because of all the trouble with the first refrigerator. I called them and they are going to pay for a service call (whoo hoo a whole $65.00). Well, they will still receive a letter from me. I'm printing off all these complaints and sending them to Maytag. Of course they said they've never had ANY complaints. I told them I had read at least 64 on the internet!! It looks like Whirlpool has bought Maytag so I plan on writing Whirlpool/Maytag. I show an address at Benton Harbor MI for Whirlpool. Does anyone have a better one? I'm also going to copy Natl Home Depot and my local one so they know what kind of product they are selling. Personally I'd rather just have my money back.
A  30th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with the lack of responsibility and indifference Maytag Dependability Plus program service provides.

Our refrigerator broke down on July 26th. I called Maytag Dependability Plus on July 27th and was advised that the technician would be there to fix it within 4 hours. After patiently waiting for 4 hours, I called back only to be advised that no one can make it till Monday (2 days later) because the technicians do not work on weekends!! This call was made during the day on Friday when they had the entire day to fix it up.

All my food and groceries have gone bad. I have no access to cold drinking water, no milk or anything to eat.

I called them this morning Monday July 30th to be told that the technician has been informed and he will call us today before coming over. We get a call from a technician that he can not make it today. The earliest he can make it is hopefully tomorrow - 4 days after the complaint is lodged. I called the customer service back and ask them the purpose of 24/7 service claim. I was told, it is only customer service that is available 24/7, not the technical service!!! The attitude is condescending at the call center and it feels like you are being done a favor whereas we have paid for this service.

I agree with other folks here that I totally agree in not going for any maytag products ever again!!!
N  1st of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Maytag Washer And Dryer - 2 major repairs on each appliance in 5 years

I purchased a new Maytag washer and dryer in 2002. I bought Maytag because of the trust I had in quality appliances. According to your advertisements, Matags need very little if not no repairs. My washer and dryer have both been REPAIRED TWICE IN THE PAST 5 YEARS. I am very disappointed in the quality of these products. The washer and dryer we purchased in 1982 lasted us 20 years and were still working when I wanted updated models. I WISH I COULD HAVE MY OLD ONES BACK!

IN 1980 AND DECADES BEFORE, TECHNOLOGY WAS AVAILABLE TO MAKE APPLIANCES THAT LAST 20 PLUS YEARS. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO CREATE JUNK I CANNOT TRUST! Having appliances break down with our busy life styles is more then inconvenient. I know marketing is most important in this world, but I have lost all confidence in your ability to create machines that last. We pay thousands for appliances that end up as junk plus we spend hundreds every 2 years to keep the machines running ? What is wrong with this picture??? You make it sound like the washer technology is better than ever - Until you make them to last longer than 5-8 years, I will keep fixing what I have -at least I'll be supporting my local repair service instead of a company that cares only for sales hipe and looks of the appliance. You are regressing in engineering.

Disgusted,
Carla J. Barber
616-457-6743.
D  9th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
"The attitude is condescending at the call center and it feels like you are being done a favor whereas we have paid for this service." Indeed you have paid for a service. But the terms and conditions of that service are laid out in great detail in your contract. "Service is provided between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm, monday-friday at the discretion of the selected service provider." It does not say ANYWHERE in the contract about weekend service.
N  3rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Ice2o refrigerator

My may tag Ice2o refrigerator control panel started blinking and the ice door flap keeps opening and closing every few seconds. I went on line, since today is labor day and no one will answer the phone to try to report this problem, Maytag's message told me to go to Whirlpool.com, which was no help at all,can you believe that?
While on line I looked up to see if other people have had this problem....there are several complaints in a row of this exact symptom which only seems to get worse over time, including ice maker malfunction to eventually having the entire fridge quit working all together, not to mention the service inadequacies! I shall return to post, as I go through what's proved to be by others a long frustrating ride.
A  11th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
MAYTG INDIFFERENCE IS PUTTING IT MILDLY! I A TOLD BY REPAIR TECH THAT PARTS ARE ON BACK ORDER. SUGGESTED I CALL MAYTAG DIRECTLY. CALL CENTER REP WAS SPEECHLESS WHEN I TOLD HIM WHAT TECH SAID. COMES BACK WITH LINE THAT TECH MUST CALL THEM AND ASK FOR "ADJUDICATION DEPT." AND THEY WILL HANDLE IT. I THEN ASKED TO BE TRANSFERRED OVER TO THEM AND WAS TOLD THEY WOULD NOT TALK TO ME.

WHEN I ASKED WHAT THE ADJUDICATION DEPT DOES, HIS RESPONSE 'I CAN'T EVEN PRONOUNCE THE WORD, FORGET ABOUT WHAT THEY DO!

TYPICAL OF THE CALL CENTER.
N  26th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

Maytag Model Msd2457gr - Poor qualitly product!
Maytag
Hinesville
Georgia
Phone: 912-876-2183

I purchased a Maytag Refrigerator summer of 2001. It is the most noisy refrigerator I have ever had. I didn't have is 2 months when the door handle came off. It is a double door and the handle that is left got a weird off color look to it after awhile. It never seemed to be as cool as my other friends refrigerators but I really didn't do anything about it till last year when both the refrigerator and freezer would become warm then cool again, It ruined over $150.00 in food at that time. I called out Sears and they told me the repair would be $400.00 so I paid it. I believe it was less than a week later my food went bad again and I called them out. I got very angry because they wanted to charge me an additional $400.00 to repair again. They told me it was a different part they needed to replace. I threw a fit because I lost additional food and if it would have been fixed properly the first time this would not have happened. Also I probably would have complained to Maytag or done something else rather than put out almost as much as buying another refrigerator on one that never quite cooled right. He offered me a warranty for one year. I had just had a surgery and was in no mood to continue to argue so I paid and excepted the warranty. It seemed to be cool but not like the refrigerators I have been used to. This new warranty would expire Nov 2, 2007. Well if you want to call it luck, my refrigerator started with the same problems as last year and I called November 1, 2007 while still under the warranty. It was contracted out by Sears to First City Repairs. It took them 9 days to call me back and then they called me at work and said they were in the area. NO notice. I cant just leave work. By the time I was able to return their message he had left the area. It was crazy. I called Sears almost every day and they would say they were trying to get their contractor to call me. Finally I had had enough and called the excellerated complaints department . Finally I had service December 11.2007, over a month after the original complaint. Now I have another call in for the same problem, a week after the first repair. This refrigerator's purchase price was $1100.00 and I added another $800.00 in repairs. I don't know what they are going to do with this occurrence. I asked about the food spoilage again and Sears said they only refund once a year. Well it is not my fault their tech didn't correct the problem. Today while looking for a place to complain, I noticed a site with numerous complaints on Magtag appliances and they are not doing something about their inferior products or responding to complaints.
N  1st of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Maytag Refigrator - lied about replace part
6425 lauren dr
Slidell
Louisiana
Phone: 985 6490866

we needed a compressor for the refrigator and said that none was in stock i called maytag and they sent it out the next day which was a thrusday and a installer put the compressor that monday two weeks later on a thrusday another compressor arrived and we called for repair to pick it up we were left with a ten dollar gift card and when we went to the store to get a perchase we could not use the gift card because it had to be ten dollars and if it was over we had to apply it to our credit card i do not have a sears credit card nor do i want one but the purchase had to be ten dollars and could only pay a few pennies if it was over ten dollars and it had to be applance or clothes so i think this stink because my son open a sears credit card and someone maxed his card by someone in your store or the bank i thnk this stinks i cannot get the ten dollars credit and being i was lied too i think you should make it up to us in some way after we did call you to pick up the compressor that was worth over five hundred dollars which i did not have to do and if you give out a gift card make it good for the amount no matter what let us use the gift card and pay with other money or credit card

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree