Maytag Atlantis Washing Machine / maytag has not honored their written warranty

United States Review updated:
I am involved in a battle with the Maytag Corporation. It has taken place for almost three years. My washer was under warranty, and it is faulty. Maytag has not honored their written warranty. I have called their customer service department as well as their other offices. I have even written Maytag executives and informed them of my machine’s performance. I have expected to be fully compensated for the purchase price of my machine as well as the cost of the destroyed laundry. This has not happened. From the onset I have been directed from one department to the other, all which claim they are not responsible for the handling of this matter. I have been placed on hold, totaling hours at a time! I have left numerous messages. I have been told I will receive a callback and yet, often I do not. I have been deceived from the very beginning! One department claims it’s the other’s responsibility. I am then redirected. When I contact the supervisor of the other department I am given the same excuse- It’s not my problem! I can not assist you. This is not part of my job... I have constantly been misinformed or uninformed! I am at a loss! I know of others with the same complaint with their Atlantis washer. I wish a survey could be taken to determine if this is a major complaint from others as well. I believe there is a legal case. Is there a way you could share my letter so I may determine if I do have support out there? I honestly believe Maytag expects their customers to give up and drop their complaints. I have finally bought a new washer. It is not a Maytag! Maytag is promising a pro-rate. I have lost at least $650 in clothing and have now spent over $1500 for two washers! I have been told I will receive about $460 for my Maytag machine. The machine cost me over $550. If they do actually reimburse me with a pro-rate, I will still lose about $1700! Am I protected? Are my concerns warranted and worth pursuing? I have learned through this horrid experience the importance of keeping all records and dates. I have decided not to rely on phone conversations if at all possible because they can deny what was spoken. If I must rely on a conversation, I ask for the spokesperson’s name and rank. Now I try to get everything in writing. I make copies of letters I have written, as well as those written by Maytag. I keep files on my computer. It is an eye opener! I am more cautious with my future purchases. I do a great deal of researching before I buy. I do not rely on “name-brands”. I search the web and the library to read reviews and collect data about the object’s performance. I check out the consumer magazines. I discuss with other owners of the same item and gather their opinions or recommendations. I ask the salesperson questions! I check with the store on their policies. I find out how well the manufacturer works with their consumers if ever there is a dispute…how they actually honor their warranty. I feel as if I am taking a Business 101 course! I hope to succeed. Do you have any other directions I have failed to consider? Is it possible that I can defend myself and the rights of others deceived by the Maytag Corporation? Thank you for any thoughts you can share!

A  14th of Aug, 2007 by
This machine is a lemon and they know it is and don't care and will not honor the extended warranty. It is a shame that they are able to get away with defrauding the consumers and breaching contracts. I am contemplating just what action I will take to remedy a very similar situation with the "Magtag Dependability People".
A  2nd of Oct, 2007 by
My atlantis unit is 3 years old and now requires new bearings, i have contacted Maytag and today was told they would try and solve our problem. They require a stat dec from us as the warranty card is not proof of purchase. i will keep you up dated as to the resolution of my washer. Vicky Brisbane Qld Australia

Maytag Logo Maytag