Maytag Atlantis / not spinning properly

1 Brampton, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Spinner not working. Innitially agitator not agitating followed by the tub not spinning properly. This happened just before my 5 year warranty expired. Service was done on my machine. All that was done was a tightning of the belt. Problem still persists and Maytag wont do anything about it without charging more money. Verry frusterated especially knowing that this is a consistent problem with this company. We too went to Maytag to upgrade and have been verry unhappy with product and service.

Li

Comments

• Ju
      17th of Sep, 2008
    Maytag Atlantis - Lousy on Laundry
    Maytag
    maytag.com

I purchased an Atlantis washer from Foxboro Appliance in 2/2005 recommended to me by the owner of the Store. I spent almost $700 This machine is already in need of repair which will cost upwards of $250 require that it be removed from my home and leave me without a washer for about a week. Maytag says that this problem is not covered under the warranty. -- You mean to tell me that a company such as Maytag can not stand behind it's product? I should have spent $300 and gone to Home Depot at least I know from experience the would back up the products they sell or at least I would not feel so badly that the washer was out of commission in a few years. I was unaware that a washer machine was supposed to be a disposable household item!

CLASS ACTION PLEASE.

• Co
      1st of Nov, 2008

I have an Atlantis washer (Maytag) that we have an extended warranty on it. We have had trouble with it for years. It will not spin water out most of the time, or I should say it does not do it everytime at least when a "repair person" was there he could not get it to do what it does for us time after time. He kept asking me what I thought was wrong with it!!! I must say this is my 3rd washing machine and 1st and last Maytag washer. It is insulting that they cannot fix or figure out what is wrong. They are the ones that are supposed to be able to fix appliances. I feel that once they get your money for the twice we have renewed the extended warranty they do not care.

• Cg
      24th of Aug, 2009
    Maytag Atlantis - doesn't get past wash cycle
    Ohio

my washer does not come off the wash cycle. I have to manually turn it to the rinse cycle then I have to do it again because all the soap doesn't come out in one rinse.