Mattress Warehouse / no return for any mechandise leave the store
My husband bought a ComfortPillow from Mattress Warehouse on Thursday, January 28th.
He bought the pillow as a gift for me, but I do not feel I need a new pillow. I did not even open the box to look at the pillow.
My daughter and I went to the same store and attempted returning the pillow on Wednesday, February 3rd. We were shocked that John, the same salesperson at the store, told us that there is a "no returns" policy for the store, posted on the wall. My husband was never informed of this "no returns" policy.
John tried to fax the receipt to the main office to see if he could get approval for the return, but his fax machine was broken and he could not make contact with the corporate office. However, he took my home and work
phone numbers and promised to have someone call me.
One week have passed and I have yet to hear from anyone from Mattress Warehouse.
I have learned that hundreds of complaints have been filed against Mattress Warehouse:
Additionally, Mattress Warehouse Corporation is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau and recieved a grade of "F".
I filed a complaint at Office of Consumer protection. This is the respond I got from Mattress Warehouse.
From: Service [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 12:11 PM
To: Springer, Judy; Consumer Protection; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: RE: compliant against Mattress Warehouse
Dear Ms. Springer,
Since Mattress Warehouse does not resell used merchandise, we adhere to a strict no refunds, no exchanges policy. Our policy is clearly displayed in all of our store locations and is written on the sales invoice. Once
merchandise has left our store and is in the possession of the customer, the merchandise is considered used and is non-returnable.
Mattress Warehouse values our customers and we respond to complaints in a timely manner and attempt to resolve the issues. Unfortunately, not all consumer complaint sites offer us the opportunity to resolve issues and
respond to them when we are not being provided with the customer's complete information or any way to contact them.
Our corporate offices were in receipt of the refund request and it resulted in a denial due to our company policy.
Customer Service Manager
More Mattress Warehouse Complaints & Reviews
- Mattress Warehouse - Unscrupulous, unprofessional practices 
- Mattress Warehouse - no refunds/limit 3 exchanges Defects 
- Mattress Warehouse at SleepHappens.com - A promised refund check that has not arrived 
- Mattress Warehouse - refund request 
- Mattress Warehouse - Order return denied
- Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com - mattress and box spring return
- Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com - crownridge queen mattress set by serta
- Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com - twin pillow top mattress/ box spring
- Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com - comfort exchange policy 
- Mattress Warehouse - Customer service