Complaints & Reviews

mattress, boxspring, & refund

To whom it may concern My father purchased an orthopedic ultra plush mattress & box spring from the...

Ortho Luxury Firm

I wish I had read reviews of this company's poor quality mattresses before I purchased one! The matress wa...

King size mattress

Bought a mattress and slept on it for 5 hours - killed my back.Only bought from them since they have "local"...

Do not buy from Original Mattress Factory!

I bought a full mattress, box spring, and a frame. Once I got it home I could not fit the box spring up the stairs and so I stored it in the common area until I had time to take it back to the store. Once I could take it back to the store, which was only 4 days later, they would not take the mattress because it was "used" but i did not use the mattress at all. This is ridiculous and i will not ever buy another mattress here EVER. I do not understand how the fact that it was in my home but it was unused no one has slept on it or lied on it at all.

• The Original Mattress Factory does not accept returns or exchanges. This policy is clearly stated in our stores as well as on the back of your invoice. This policy is also in effect for your protection as we will only sell brand new products to our customers. Once a product has been out of our control, it is considered to be a used item and we will not take it back or sell it to another customer. We do, however, have a 60 day change policy. According to this policy, you can donate your one-piece box spring and purchase splits for 50% of the price. If you have any other questions or concerns, please call the store location where you made your purchase.

Treated me like garbage, as soon as they got $

After consulting consumer reports..ordered 2 mattress' from the omf.as soon as my credit card went through, they could not wait 2 get me off the phone. i remembered they kept saying 2 me:"they r not returnable", over n over. the next day i found the reviews on this site. as i was paying $600.00 4 shipping 2 the east coast...i had a funny feeling.i phoned up 2 cancel the order and the formerly nice salesmen had me in tears and hung up me. sooo much 4 midwestern hospitality. i found a fabulous alternative..a co. called saatva,

spoke w/ 2 lovely people, this is where i am getting my mattress'. i concider it divine intervention. do not waste ur anything w/ the original mattress company. i have been in retail my entire life...and have never been treated so creepshowish! virgin mobile r a close 2nd.

They lied to me, and did not make things right

I purchased twin beds from the Original Mattress Factory, with the understanding that they would be picking up a soiled mattress. I made sure several times during the conversation that they would pick it up even though it was soiled. The sales person said, we would seal the bed in plastic so that the other beds will not be contaminated by it. They donate it to the Mustard Seed, and they can recycle the bed, even if it is just the springs. I found out from my elderly parents that the delivery persons dropped the twin beds off in the living room because they were not picking up the soiled bed. I called The Original Mattress Factory, and I told them that I expected them to make things right, they can wear gloves, rent another truck, do whatever it takes to pick up the mattress. They refused.

Warranty lies

I purchased a double pillow top mattress from the Original Mattress Factory. I chose this type of mattress so that I would be able to rotate and flip the mattress in hopes the wear would be as even as possible.

We began seeing issues with our mattress which included the pillow top bunching. The larger concern was that the front of the mattress and the one side were beginning to cave inward as the other sides began to bow outward. To us it appeared that the frame was bending and twisting. I failed to mention we have a 12 yearwarranty on our mattress.

We contacting the Original Mattress Factory and Joe the inspector was very difficult to reach. This gentleman only works Monday thru Friday 7am until 3pm. He will not come look at your bedding any times other than those so be prepared to take time off from work. Joe did offer a Saturday appointment 6weeks from the time we were talking. Considering the state of our mattress we took the time from work and schooled the weekday appointment which Joe arrived 45 minutes early for.

Joe stated that what we were seeing was a common issue that the fabric stretches and we should just pull it to straighten it back out. This would solve the problem. When we were not agreeable to this solution Joe said they would return themattress to the factory repair it and have it back to us the same day.

The Original Mattress Factory contacted us the day prior to pick up to verify the times. They arrived at 8 am in the morning to take the mattress away. 11am Joe nene called to report what they would be doing with our mattress. Mr. Nene first stated that our mattress was in excellent condition for being 6 years old. Maybe it would be considered excellent condition for 6 years of wear if it was 6 years old but my mattress was only 3 years old. Mr. Nene would not allow me to speak he spoke over me whenever I attempted to say anything or ask any questions and he also began raising he voice with me.

I promptly asked mr. Nene not to raise his voice and I also asked him to contact my husband. Mr. Nene refused stated that my husband could call him.

Please note the mattress was picked up at 8 am, Mr.Nene called at 11am to inform us to what he was going to do to our mattress he had not begun work on it yet - the Original Mattress Factory said they replaced the inner springs and all new foam and topper I quote Mr. Nene "it's basically a new bed"

The mattress arrived back at my house at 12:50. I note the times because the repair facility is at a minimum 45 minutes away. This 45 minutes is straight drive time without .

Mr. Nene was to have the drivers contact my spouse prior to their arrival but the drivers had no knowledge of needing to make any call nor did they call. Themattress they delivered was just as broken as the one they took several hours previously.

What Original Mattress Factory did do was pull the fabric which has made my mattress smaller by almost an inch and a half than the box spring it was sold with. They did not repair the concave / bowing sides. You can see this issue still exists.

Mr. Nene had Chris contact my husband. Chris was even more combative and even became offensive. When it was obvious that Original Mattress Factory was not upholding their warranty Chris stated to my husband that they should not have even taken the mattress today. Chris then began trying to tell my husband that their were stains on it and the stains voided the warranty.

I have had a mattress cover on every mattress in this house plus a bed bug cover from day one. if that was their policy and my mattress was soiled I am sure they would not have taken it. I will say the mattress that was returned to me was dingy looking even my child said so.

Do yourself a favor and Do Not buy a mattress at the Original Mattress Company!

They are all liars!

• Me
    mebjo May 15, 2015

After all the reading I do, this is typical mattress company policy and attitude. The sales pitch sounds great in the store, but once you get home, it all goes down hill from there. Over ten years ago, I had a Sterns and Foster pillow top mattress. The body indentations became so bad, we actually got the first bed and a replacement bed. Then the replacement bed ended up in the same shape as the original bed. They replaced that bed as well. I never said I'd buy another pillowtop again. The Restonic bed we purchase to replace the Sterns and Foster lasted it's 10 year life. It was the softest plush mattress without the pillowtop.

Due to having to move to a different area for work, we purchase a Simmons Beauty Rest for the new residence we moved into. It to was a pillowtop. Once it became apparent that moving back into our home at the beach was not possible, we rented the house out. The Restonic was moved the from the rental home, and we slept on it another 2 years. We sold the Simmons Beauty Rest pillowtop on Craigslist and put the Restonic mattress in its place.

It was finally time to get a new bed, and so the search began. I ended up with yet another pillowtop as well. The sales rep explained the foams are better now, and the indentations would be less of a problem than they were 7 years ago. Well, it's a week into sleeping on the mattress. It is very comfortable. I can't sleep on a firm bed because of body pains. Now, I know my instincts should have remained intact. Within the week, I see my body intentions on the bed. I'm 5 foot 3 inches and weigh 125 pounds. They mattress company does have a comfort period, but we will have to pay $150.00 to exchange the mattress out.

I read one article that says if you buy a ten year mattress, expect it to last 7 years. It really is sad that some people actually have to finance a bed purchase, and if you take your time paying the bed off, you'll need a new one by the time the old one is paid off. The cost of a new mattresss can be pretty high considering the bed you chose. All I can say, is buyer beware. I'm convinced the whole mattress company is a scamming business. I suppose a bed is just a bed. I looked into a company called Saavta. Unfortunately, they are a online purchase only. The reviews were mostly positive. Unfortunately, my old Restonic has been hauled away, and now I'll play the mattress indention game again myself.

Mattress

We purchased a complete top of the line orthopedic mattress set at The Original Mattress Store in Florence, KY. Our visit to that store was based upon a "best buy" recommendation in Consumer Reports. We based our selection upon two visits to the store and multiple testing of each display mattress. The mattress selected in the store seemed perfect for our needs. The mattress that was delivered bore no resemblence to the mattress we tested in the store. The mattress set had an unpleasant odor. It sagged uncomfortably; the body of the mattress seemed not to have the necessary rigidity. The slightest movement by of one of us disturbed the other. The mattress sides were rounded and lacked definition. The pillow top was lumpy and irregular; there seemed to be no pattern of cushioning and caused uneven pressure points; there also seemed to be unexpected heat spots. After one night of restless sleep and back pain by both my wife and myself, I called the store to pickup this unsatisfactory mattress. I was told that the state of Ohio prohibited return of mattresses - even though we purchased the mattress in Kentucky and live in Kentucky. I was told that I could purchase another mattress at 25% of listed price per the warranty. I declined to be duped again. The store refused to negotiate. The old mattress that we intended to replace with the new one was more comfortable than the new Original Mattress Factory one. My wife now sleeps in a guest bedroom and I sleep on a couch because of back problems. Bottom line: based upon our experience in trying to deal with this company, this is what I believe - the display mattresses in the store are of a different quality that that delivered to us. At age 75, we have owned a number of mattresses and this one is by far of poorer quality than any of the old mattresses we has disposed of. I believe cheap motels have better mattresses than this one. It is sad to see a company that charges such prices and delivers shoddy quality. There is nothing about this mattress I could comment positively about. I imagine there are few, if any, repeat customers.

• Mo
    Moish Dec 11, 2016

Mr experience was about as bad. Not easy to be worse. Our purchase was in Pennsylvania

Do not buy from them

We bought a king bed and box springs. After a year they have big 'coffin' like indentations in them where our bodies lay at night (yes, we flipped the mattress constantly). I called to have someone look at it and replace it under warranty and the guy told me in 7 years he has never heard of anyone getting one replaced so 'why don't we save both of us the trouble of me coming out to your house". The warranty is not real and the company has no plans on upholding it.

I have owned lots of beds and realize that indentations will happen; this is by far the worse out of any mattress we have ever owned and it happened so quickly. We are going to have to buy another mattress but will avoid this company.

Avoid them

Just bought a cal king mattress set from OMF on Broad Street in Richmond, VA and it is like sleeping on a brick. Yes, we got the ultra firm, which felt great in the store, but the one delivered was not like the one in the store at all. The salesjerk told me that "I made a bad choice." When I suggested it might be a bad product, he scoffed and told me "that is not possible." What a joke. No refunds, no accomodations, nothing. Just beat it. (I *** near beat him.)

I recommend you avoid OMF at all costs.

Awful quality mattress

Original Mattress Factory deserves a 1 out of 10, ie... as a last resort, you can weave blankets together to get better quality sleeping surface, if you run out of blankets... then consider a soft OMF product. The hardware is good, and a good deal, I had the frame set up in 2 minutes, solid, no tools. We bought 3000 worth of mattresses, sheets and bedframe parts to replace the ones damaged in a fire.

We ordered the 'pylons' that were supposed to re-inforce the sides when the mattress is used as a 'chair', whatever the case they're less than 6 months old and have a 'hole' where my butt sleeps. Between the mattresses crush ability [a big sloop-hole under where my butt sleeps], and slanted surface otherwise... they look good, and the 'store-schpeel' makes the appear to be well constructed. They hold up extremely poorly.

Between the extremely poor quality and the 'tag back/no take backs' policy [which is supported by lack of sealing the sheet sets... duhh... seal the sheet sets... we couldn't take the wrong size sheet set back... the SAME day.

• Mi
    Michael48 Nov 30, 2009

Agree... An inferior product. And upper level management with an arrogant
    attitude. In the Atlanta market they are a joke. Buyer Beware!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices