Maruti Suzuki / disgraceful service

1 India Review updated:

Both ABT and Maruti are age old names in this part of India. I had bought a wagon R from ABT, the initial service made me feel good. The executives were too good to be true. Be it venkatesh, or Durai from the sales department. My car was pounded by another passing car and the front wheel lost its alignment, and the side components of the car had to be replaced. I took the car to ABT on Monday, and left the car to get it fixed. My car was exactly 4 months and 12 days old. They gave me confidence of claiming the insurance and that the car and be give back as good as new in a couple of days. It was friday, and i had no call and made my way to the ABT center. I realize that there has been a issue with the insurance claim. As my car was parked while the incident happened, the insurance cover will not be applicable to the broken components. "Did i hear it right, ?" Who told them that my car was parked, and since when did that rule creep into Insurance laws. The total bill they had submitted was 3800, that was given to me on Friday.

I was stunned and i took the bill and walk back home. I went to maruti relying on the trust and bond i had build, and now i realize it was a mere bubble. The next day, i forced my way to have a looked at the car and to my disappointment, my wounded leapord was there in the corner of the garage, with not work started. It stood in a pile of oil and grease.

I fumed, and did not know what else to do. I have been cheated one full week. Has man lost the value of trust and commitment? I threw the papers at the garage and drove my wondered car to have it fixed better and quicker at a private garage.

Thanks to ABT and Maruti, for have made me realize the true nature of customer service.

Es

Comments

26th of Aug, 2008

Maruti Alto Car DL2CZ-6033 - mileage problem

Following are the few mails that I exchanged regarding the problem that I have with my Alto car.

Kindly let me know what should i do ?

From: manish bharti
    To: webmaster@maruti.co.in
    Cc: manish_hal@yahoo.co.in
    Sent: Monday, 25 August, 2008 7:01:04 PM
    Subject: Re: A gentle reminder from My Maruti - complain DL2CZ-6033 ALTO

Dear Sir,

I had again visited the Competent Ghazipur New Delhi for the mileage problem two weeks back. They operated on my Maruti Alto Car DL2CZ-6033 and told me that I should see some improvement in the mileage.

I got my car petrol tank full same day and after driving for 15 days, yesterday ( 24th Of August 2008 ) again I got it refilled and got the average as

385.4 Km/29.6 Litre = 13.02 Km Per Litre.

This figure is by no means belong to the MARUTI ALTO CAR.

I donot know now, what to do ?

I have been spenting my TIME and MONEY for the remedy of the problem with my car.

This was my THIRD visit for the SAME PROBLEM to the Competent Ghazipur New Delhi with NO SUCCESS.

Please tell me what should I do to get it solved .

----- Original Message ----
    From: manish bharti
    To: webmaster@maruti.co.in
    Cc: manish_hal@yahoo.co.in
    Sent: Friday, 11 July, 2008 11:37:53 AM
    Subject: Re: A gentle reminder from My Maruti - complain DL2CZ-6033 ALTO

Dear Sir,

I had reported one complain about my Alto car registration number DL2CZ-6033 which is about the mileage. I had reported the complain on maruti site only but so far I have not received any response (forget about positive or negative!!!).
    I am copying the same text here.
    Dear Sir,
    I have been driving above vehicle for last 5 years now and till last year car was giving good mileage of 18-20Km/Litre. Last year in May 2007, car was serviced at Competent Ghazipur, Delhi, and since then Car mileage has been reduced to 14-15Km/Litre. I have been in touch with Competent Ghazipur, Delhi since then but they say that it is a good average and thereby donot take any action. Mileage test was also done by the competent, Ghazipur and it was found to be 14-15Km/Liter only.
    I donot understand how come the mileage can reduce to so low. Last week I met Mr. Sanjay (whose mobile number is 9911387203) at Competent who comes to visit Competent.Instead of taking any action on my problem, he along with other competent employee tried to convince me that vehicle is in good shape and milieage of 14-15Km/Litre is good. I was not convinced with his argument. On forcing he agreed that problem is there and he asked me to come on any of the day 25, 26, 27 of june 2008 at 10.00 clock in the morning at Competent and get my vehicle checked.I reached there on 27th jume at 9.45AM and waited for him. When he didnot turned up even at 10.15AM, I enquired from Mr. Sharma (Incharge of Competent Ghazipur) about Mr. Sanjay. I was told that He will not be coming today. I was surprised to hear this. On talking to him on phone, he has again asked me to come on 5th of july 2008. But I am not sure if my problem will be looked into properly.

Sir Please help me in getting the mileage problem of my Alto Car solved. I have already spent lots of money and time in past one year to solve this issue. I do have HOPE from you.
    Manish

Now I am observing that the mileage is further detriorating. Kindly help me in getting this problem sorted out.

• Ra
      4th of Oct, 2008

DEAR SIR
    I AM PURCHAING A CAR SWIFT VDI.
    BUT THE CAR HAVE ABREAKING PROBLEM MY CAR NO.PB10CH-5575
    MOBIL NO.9417204275

• Sh
      4th of Nov, 2008

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that I have pruchased a Wagno R Duo LXI. But i think ihave really made a mistake of Buying Maruti & that too from your Showroom.
    Right from the 1st service I have complain about few points which is not been taken care till now. Today i have given 3rd service at your workshop ( All the services has been done only in Mohan Motors Service station) & again i have raise the same problem to Service Engineer.But very unfortunately they have replied back that it's very much normal for Maruti Wagno R.

When ever i have raise a points to your service station they will always come back by saying this very much normal.If it is so then i have few major points as as below.

1.My choosing Duo over all other variant is low cost of Travelling. (IF I AM NOT VERY WORNG THEN MARUTI UDYOG HAS GIVEN THE ADVERTISEMENY AS " COST OF SCOOTER CAR WILL RUN). I am getting 9 to 9.5 km milage in the city by gas. I don't think any scooter will run in this milage in India.
    -------------------------Mohan Motors Comment-- This is normal.
    2. I have complained about the my rear door Glass fitting right from the 1st service. But nothing has happend. FYI i have attached & mark the Second Service Report. Now in the 3rd service they are asking for some replacement. Why should i pay for this when from the 1st service it was not rectfied.
    ---------------------- Mohan Motors Comment --- This is normal. ( I have not seen this problem with any other Wagno R ).

My car No -- WB02 Y 6075. If this is case then i will never recomend any one to buy from your showroom. Though some one has taken a Wagno R from your showroon with my REF. But now onwards i will never recomend any one to buy from your place.

This is the last service i am taking from your station. Thanks for all this wonderful Experience.

*** I am also surprise that Maruti Udyog also doesn't care about thierCustomer.

Regards

Shounak Majumdar
    Kolkata.

• Ni
      9th of Nov, 2008

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that I have pruchased a Alto LXI colour surime whight . reg no is (UP14 an 7744 )But i think ihave really made a mistake of Buying Maruti from your Showroom.now i drown your attantion on fact that i have faced from your dealers . i had an accident of my car since 6 manth ago . i took it in your maruti dealer (reigend automobiles ghaziabad u.p)they painted the fander or driver side door. then they call sir your car is readdy and whent i went there to take my car i have seen that car is not painted properly. then I have complained . But nothing has happend to rectifie my problume. now the situationis that the paint of car getting dull.

*** I am also surprise that Maruti Udyog also doesn't care about thierCustomer.

nishant choudhary

• He
      18th of Nov, 2008

Dear Sir,

We do our regular service with your authorized Service Station Dewar's Garage Ltd. Kolkata

We have done regular paid service with some minor work on 01/11/2008 (vide their cash memo No. BC08012405 dt. 1/11/2008 with the above mentioned Service Centre but after service when we checked AC of the same car we came to understand that the same is not working properly.

We immediately contact with Dewar's people and they confirm that you please bring back the car to the service station we will repair the same.

Now when we approach the service station they are confirming that this is not their fault and I need to pay for the same while it was working prior to service.

You are requested please do the needful and confirm.

Best Regards

• He
      18th of Nov, 2008

Dear Sir,

You are requested please do the needful and confirm.

Best Regards
    Hemant Lakhotia
    Kolkata
    Mobile: 9830044815 / 9748669977
    Model No. 800 DX
    Reg. No. WB02L-7066

• De
      3rd of Dec, 2008

very poor behaviour by the gate keeper (Mr. vinod).

• Sk
      31st of Mar, 2009

I serviced my alto at R>D>avn kolkata.
    they are real cheater my car became worse after that

• Dr
      5th of Jan, 2010

sky motor, maruti dealer at cuttack is not taking interest during servicing.

• Ar
      1st of Apr, 2010

abt dealer in erode..reading booking of car