Maruti D zire / non delivery & harrasment

1 India Review updated:

I have booked a petrol Maruti D zire in March'08. On booking the Dealer promised delivery within 1 month of booking . Even the booking amount they took was nowwhere mentioned by the Company - MUL.
it means taking advantage on launch of new car the dealers have harrased the customers who have shown faith & loyalty for Maruti Udyog ltd. Now they claim they have not beeen informed by the company the date of delivery & it probably will take six months. Is this a baby We are expecting & answers We get from the dealers are clumsy . What about the amount they have already taken from us . is this the value for our hard earned money Maruti Udyog & their variopus dealers give ???

This is purely a case of Monoploistic Trade Practice by MUL & its dealers taking advantage of gullible customers who are at their mercy & wait !!! We are around 50 customers odd waiting heklplessly .Pls. help . God knows how many more all over India

Comments

21st of Apr, 2008

I think even Maruti had not foreseen such a response to Swift Dzire. So obviously the supply is less than demand for this car and hence such long waiting period. I have heard that Maruti is now working on enhancing production capacity to counter this situation.

29th of Apr, 2008

Waiting period of 5-6 months is also nt sure as this may be increased further. Waiting for 6 months is really upsetting. MUL should take immediate steps to reduce the frustation level of their customers. This may lead to failure of such a good car. I was waiting for the new version of maruti esteem since 2 years and after launching of Dzire i had booked it on April 6th with assurance from dealer that i will get my car with in one month's time. But now delear is not committing any thing. As per them the situation of petrol version is worst and no body knows when this car will be supplied by MUL. MUL should clarify the situation immediately.

• Ki
      8th of May, 2008

I HAD MARUTI EARLIER SINCE 1996 I am also loyal but faced same situation it is one month surprisingly MUL is not replying anything. I have also complained to CORE but no action except a letter that complaint under active consideration.

Sheer shameful unscruplous exploitation.

• Ec
      22nd of May, 2008

i have booked a maruti swift d'zire LDi a month back.i have disposed my old car too on the assurance that the new vehicle shall be delivered within 2 months.now the dealers says he cannot assure the date of delivery and now the price also seem to have hiked.i have booked the car with AVG motors, kottyam.i am 9 th in the waiting list.can i know when the car can be delivered.

• Ni
      24th of May, 2008

all the waiting list are fraud they are just kept to make customer happy. but nothing is happinging according to it.
    dealer are taking premium and selling out the cars to customers who are ready to pay extra premium.

and they are playing "LITTLE BOXES LITTLE BOXES song of zen estilo to the customers who have booked the dzires" i am getting a blank call from
    maruti udyog limited it just playes music little boxs of zen estilo (failed vechicle) and call gets cut.

This is one of the way how maruti is harrashing their customers by making blank calls.

The customers who have booked dzire are getting harrashed by maruti very much.

- No information when the car is coming
    - playing other models song to promote them .

lot much of harashment is coming ... wait and enjoy

3rd of Jun, 2008

Hi Kishor,

I had also booked the Maruti swift Dzire a way back in April(token amount of 25, 000 was given) and they took two months to deliver the car. Now the price of Dzire have been increased by some 22000 and dealer is saying that we need to pay the amount of which invoice has been made. On mailing to the maruti they confirmed the same. I feel like I have been cheated by Maruti. I am looking forward to take some legal actions against them. Is this the way we need to be treated after the liberation of economy. Soon the maruti will be wiped out of indian Market if they continue to treat customers same way.

11th of Jul, 2008

Sir, We are located in Indore.

We have booked Dzire zxi with Rukmani Distributors and been allotted a number 5304-x60114 dated 11th April, 2008 with full amount of Rs.655801/-

At the time of booking, we were told to be delivered within 3 months but now the dealer says further waiting period of 4 months

If there is so much delay, it would be better to switch to any other brand.

We do not trust the words of the dealer. We expect a final words from the company itself.

• Ba
      21st of Jul, 2008

Hi,

I agree with the compliant. I have booked Dzire LDi and i have paid an advanceof 50 k towards my booking and i got a commitment from them it will be delviered in 75 days. but after 3 month when i reach them and asked it may take 4 more months and also they said you are in 3rd priority. when i booked they said the same thing i was in 3 rd priority after 3 months also same thing. the responds from the dealer are very bad. i asked them a commitment date of delivery for the car but they are refusing to give the commitment and i decided to cancel the booking and given an cancellation request on friday 18/07/2008 but still now i didnt got my money they are telling some unsensible reasons. (As an average there must be 1000 cars booked in chennai average of 50k in advance the public money of in crores are used by the dealer and may be maruti udyog) and also the price increase of dzire will reduce the difference in price form Ford fiesta i decided to buy ford fiesta and also i am suggesting my friends to cancel and go for fiesta.

• Rv
      1st of Aug, 2008

Dear Sir

I am working as a GM in IFB Automotive Private Ltd., Bangalore and have booking for a Dzire diesel vehicle on 03.04.08 with Kalyani motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore.

I am waiting still for the past 4 months. Can you pls immediately check and let me know when can you deliver the vehicle to me.

In fact I travel not less than 80 to 100 kms per day and have a strong feeling that this model will help me in commuting everyday without any issue.

Pls help me

Regards
    R. Vijendran

4th of Sep, 2008

I was planning to book a car. After reading all comments i feel booking a maruthi dzire is waste.

chandraseharan qatar