Makro Online / sell by date products still on shelf after validity ended
On the 15th May, i bought in Makro Nelspruit, a packet of chicken of 6.790Kg with the following information:
Sell By date: 13/05/18
Use By date: 14/05/18
This product should have been removed from shelf live by 14/05, unfortunately this was not done which made purchases of this product available on the 15th. As a client of this enterprise for many years and holder of a Makro Card, i did not hesitate in buying without looking at the dates.
At arrival at home and offloading the chicken into the fridge, there was a fowl smell that came from it. The chicken was put in a coleman (also bouth in Makro) and in ice.
Since i do not leave in SA but in Mozambique, i will be bringing the chicken back with the respective box code for a refund or product substitute.
Christian Hansley Gaiqui
Makro Online Customer Care's Response, Sep 03, 2019
Good day Liloca,
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you and the delayed response. Please advise if this matter has been resolved so that if not, we can offer you further assistance in this regard.
Looking forward to your response.
Makro Complaints Board Team
More Makro Online Complaints & Reviews
- Makro - wine cooler - salton swc28 
- Makro - blackberry 9300 
- Makro - hisense u601s and customer service
- Makro Online - purchase of frozen baked piemans pies
- Makro - 22 day old tv taken for service 5 weeks later still no response 
- [Resolved] Makro Online - makro riversands
- Makro - faulty tv, blank screen, taken for repairs last year dec and again this month.
- Makro Online - delivery service
- Makro Online - no refund after returning two items to my nearest makro, which I bought online
- Makro Online - my order made online not recieved: 2 weeks no feedback on complaint