MagicJack / no refunds, customer service, address, phone

1 POB 6785, 33405West Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: NA

The only way to contact MagicJack is through a live chat in their website. Then you get to speak to non-English speaking Indians, who put you on hold for 15 minutes at a time while they "Research your record" and give you the runaround. I've had it happen three times when trying to get a refund for the MagicJack I returned, and have been told each time that they would email me within 3 days telling me when I would get my return. It's been three months and it's never happened. They lie, lie, lie!! The quality of my USB was poor, with scratchy sound. I got a return authorization number and returned it within two weeks. the wait began. That was in May 2008. It's now August, and I have spent three hours on the phone getting the runaround, but no refund. So I turned them in to my state Attorney General's office.

Mc

Comments

• Ca
      28th of Oct, 2008

My MJ worked fine at home. I bought one so I could use long distance at work at my desk. It did not work on my Dell desk computer. I spent HOURS on "live chat" with people who either could not understand English or just blew me off, because they would reply with some off the wall instruction. Finally, one tech told me to change all my internet protocols. Well, that totally crashed the computer and destroyed my internet connection. Again, I tried to to get a tech to help. When I told them that my cojmputer was crashed with no internet, they kept telling me to use the "upgrade" link on their website. Again, I wrote, THE COMPUTER IS CRASHED WITH NO INTERNET! How can I upgrade. Now I have to have technicians from our central office to come out to repair my computer, and I'll probably get into trouble for having "unauthorized" equipment. This is TERRIBLE customer service. Vonage gives much better phone service, but their Live Chats are almost as bad (but not quite).