MagicJack / service?

1 Montreal, Québec, Canada Review updated:

It works fine for me, with 2 MAJOR exceptions...

#1 - "all lines are currently busy" ... this means you cant call out, and nobody can reach you (not even your voicemail) if you are trying to call during peak hours.

#2 - No customer service? When I click the link for Live Chat on their site it redirects me to their FAQ page... ? No telephone number to reach them and no address either...

Besides that, the service is pretty good. I guess you get what you pay for in this world...

Comments

14th of Mar, 2010

Hi,

I disagree; the online service rep was very nice and gave the proper directions to get the device to work. I had issues setting MagicJack up because I didn’t follow the rom update posting. Now it works great, never had a busy line and used it at multiple locations on different network’s and PC`s. It set sup without a flaw. I will never pay a phone bill again.

If you want my opinion, get one. If u use an Internet PC at home and you live alone or with room mates. There is no reason what so ever not to own one. 20$ a year with on physical attachment, its a no-brainer. Think about it, there is no dough in my mind, this is the evolution of lan line telecommunications.

I never experienced the lines being busy but I did experience it with Vonage at 20$ + tx monthly and a yearly subscription to get the hardware for free. There where also activation fees. The router was a nice touch to Vonage but they also had the usb key.
    The key was a nice feature to Vonage but adding 60$ + Tx for the hardware and a 20$ monthly bill didn’t compete with MagicJack.

MagicJack's 50$ funny looking usb device includes, a local 514 phone number, unlimited long distance US and Canada calls, Voice mail, call waiting, caller ID, and voice mail sent to my email address, a web interface for all my user options and one year of service. 12 months later just pay 20$ for 12 months year.

MagicJack rocks.