Macy's Visa Credit Card / terrible service

1 MD, United States Review updated:

My wife's mother opened a VISA account with Macy's in March.

My first complaint is that Macy's offered her credit even though she does not have enough income to support this credit card.

She is now in a nursing home and has no further need of any credit card. Furthermore there is evidence that someone is using this card without authorization. Macy's agreed to block this account on 7/30/2009.

My second complaint is that a charge was posted to this account two weeks after it was supposed to have been blocked.

My wife has power of attorney for her mother and faxed the documentation to Macy's as requested. She phoned customer support after receiving verification that Macy's had received the documentation to ask that the account be closed.

My third complaint is that the customer service representative refused to assist in this transaction in any way.

Comments

• Gi
      5th of Jan, 2010

I just had terrible customer service dealing with a new macy's card. the store signed me up for a card that was supposed to have no interest for 12months. my first bill came with 23% interest on it. when I called to have this reversed I sent on the phone with EIGHT different people for about 2hours of my day. This week I received the same exact card in the mail with a congrats on my 2 account with them. I did not authorise another card yet macy's set me up with a star rewards as well as a visa. Again I spent an hour on the phone with WORST customer service rep. Who confused me more than I was already bu assured me that it was all settled. I will pay off my bill and close out my account after I make sure that the next bill is correct! ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.

• Cr
      30th of Jan, 2010

I had terrible experience with Macy's VISA customer service as well. I could not understand a word the first person said, and when I asked for a supervisor he was almost as hard to understand and refused to help with my problem. Finally the third person (after a long wait) was able to help with my simple issue.