Macy's Credit Card / do not use online pay service

1 WA, United States Review updated:

Do not use Macy's online bill pay! They say you can pay no more than the amount of your bill - however the number is re-entered from the online system. Instead of being charged $69.84 the amount they charged my bank was $69, 384.00!

I had my bank stop payment and then called Macy's. They apologized and promised I would be charged no late fees, a paper bill would be right in the mail, and my account would be closed. A few days later I got a second overdraft notice from my bank - after the error was identified Macy's attempted to process the payment a 2nd time! At this point I spoke to a manager who told me this was all my fault! Regardless of me identifying the error he said it was their process to run the charges twice. He was rude and completely dismissed any concerns I had about them sending me to collections.

It is now a month later - I called Macy's AGAIN because no bill had been received. Found that not only did I have a fee for a returned check but my account was open and no bills were being sent. At this point the bank fees and Macy's fees are more than the original bill!

The woman on the phone actually had to ask why I was closing the account. I will never shop at Macy's again.

Comments

• Mi
      30th of Mar, 2011

I concur, Macy's credit card service is horrible. There was a discrepancy between Macy's and mycheckfree.com on what my balance is. I called Macys and they told me i had a balance of zero and that I don't owe anything. Yet mycheckfree kept on sending me debt letters in which they also told me I don't have a balance. After a month of receiving multiple letters I contacted Macys and asked why I kept getting these letters only to find out I have a balance with late fees.. The manager I spoke with blame me for not paying hte bills. They have the worst service ever. This will be my last time shopping with MAcys via the credit card service.

24th of Feb, 2014

I respectfully disagree and customers need to take responsibilities for their actions. Why are you blaming Macy's when it's your fault? You made the decision to use mycheckfree. Mycheckfree is a payment services company that Macy's contracted with until they had their website setup.

• Ki
      24th of Sep, 2018

Mycheckfree just failed to make 2 payments. It has been turned into my credit report already. I have used this service for over 15 years and Macy’s nor Mycheckfree will admit guilt and will not correct it. Macy’s has lost a customer.