Macy's Credit Card / do not use online pay service
Do not use Macy's online bill pay! They say you can pay no more than the amount of your bill - however the number is re-entered from the online system. Instead of being charged $69.84 the amount they charged my bank was $69, 384.00!
I had my bank stop payment and then called Macy's. They apologized and promised I would be charged no late fees, a paper bill would be right in the mail, and my account would be closed. A few days later I got a second overdraft notice from my bank - after the error was identified Macy's attempted to process the payment a 2nd time! At this point I spoke to a manager who told me this was all my fault! Regardless of me identifying the error he said it was their process to run the charges twice. He was rude and completely dismissed any concerns I had about them sending me to collections.
It is now a month later - I called Macy's AGAIN because no bill had been received. Found that not only did I have a fee for a returned check but my account was open and no bills were being sent. At this point the bank fees and Macy's fees are more than the original bill!
The woman on the phone actually had to ask why I was closing the account. I will never shop at Macy's again.
More Macy's Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Macy's Credit Card - credit card fraud 
- Macy's Department Stores - forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment 
- Macy's - belgique cookware "don't get burned" 
- Macys - poor place to work 
- Macy's - employee harassment 
- Macy's - belgique cookware set 11 pc set
- Macy's - product and service
- Macy's - gift card
- Macys - unauthorized charges - insufficient return payment
- Macy's - customer service person