Macy's Credit Card / credit card fraud
Macy's Credit card fraud
It happened to me, the Macy's credit card fraud. I am writing this to alert anyone reading of this Macy's fraud department.
It works like this, when you buy any products from Macy's they ask you if you want to signup for their card service, if you say yes, they try to put your new purchase on the new card so that it gets activated immediately and you become liable to use it. I had given them my existing credit card, I dont know why they put the charges on the new card.
I called their customer service to remove the charge from their card and put it on my card. They went ahead and closed it and put a balance on my credit report. All without informing me or contacting me.
I paid their card balance in full this is after they charged me a hefty penalty fees they wont send me a itemized bill. The penalty amounted to 271$, for a charge of 46$. The Macy's customer rep said that I should not have paid without getting a itemized bill, completely side stepping the issue.
I think I am legally entitled to an itemized bill. Please can anyone reading this advise me.
Macy's really hurt my credit score.
And now after having paid them for an year, they wont update my credit report. I call them get transfered from department to department.
I am also writing to find out if there any thing legally. In retrospect , any card which is offered in a Shopping mall is risky, this is to all teenagers and youngsters.
Hope that helps
More Macy's Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Macy's Department Stores - forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment 
- Macy's - belgique cookware "don't get burned" 
- Macys - poor place to work 
- Macy's - employee harassment 
- Macy's Furniture and Bedding - macy's furniture/bedding issues 
- Macy's - belgique cookware set 11 pc set
- Macy's - product and service
- Macy's - gift card
- Macys - unauthorized charges - insufficient return payment
- Macy's - customer service person