Macys Christiana Mall Delawarehorrible place to work

Recently got hired at this location as a full time worker...weeks went by and then my hours dropped from 38 to 16. when i asked my manager about this she said she did not know who messed with my schedule. days went by and nobody could answer me about what happened to the hours i was scheduled that week.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Newark, DE on my day off i received a call from my manager saying she has good and bad news for me. that the company will be doing a major change and full time position in my department is no longer needed and that they only have a part-time night position available. This place lacks communication. all they care about is credit cards. if you go to any manager about any problem nobody seems to have an answer for you.

Comments

Jun 28, 2012

Macy's - Official Site Macy's.com
    I would have transferred to the 4747 Concord Pike Wilmington DE 19803 location
    macysmacys.com

• Je
      Sep 16, 2017

Trust me when I tell you all this Macy's is the worst retail company in the world to work for. The managers do nothing all day. The general manager lurks around watching everyone like a damn hawk. If you want to talk to your fellow associates you get looked at like you just committed a crime. And the customers don't get me started about the rudeness, the obnoxious [censor] and all the freaking foreigners that come in the store and act like you just invaded their country. I hate working there and if anybody wants to try and get a job there for your own sanity don't.

• Je
      Sep 16, 2017

Macy's Christiana Mall worst company, worst store. No matter what you try and do is never good enough for any person on any level. If you don't get enough credits every week your in a hall of shame. If you don't kiss the customer's [censor] your not good enough - no matter how they treat you. It's a no win situation. I hope the company goes out of business and all these so called people who have treated their associates like crap get burned because if they think the company will take care of them well think again.

• De
      Nov 23, 2018

Macys Christiana Mall was the worst place Ive ever worked for. They simply made me not even want to go shopping at any Macys anymore. The store needs better leadership, not managers ( some of them, not all) trying to sabotage your work, so they look better in the picture and dont lose their spot. Honestly, Im surpise they are not getting lawsuits because many are very profiling
    I was told by my direct manager not to help indian people because they dont spend enough money. I recommend the CEO visit the store more often and dont let they know...everything is a mess, people need to take the merchadise elevator because the stairs are often broken. The store is dirty but wait...the CEO will visit and all the sudden they manage quickly fix everything, at least for the visit, and have people cleaning the whole store one day before and those colleagues who didnt even acknowledge your existence are pretending theres a great team work going on. Managers working over there are saying to others " be careful, now there is a new assistant manager". Anyway, I would not work there for $200 an hour. Their stock room is a hazardous environment and you are luck if you dont hurt yourself in all the boxes, carts, stairs laying around.