Macy's / false advertisement and poor customer service

I'm extremely furious with Macy's and will most like never order anything from them again. I placed an online order for luggage at a closeout discount over week ago and just today received notification that my order could not be placed because they no longer had the items and or the colors I requested. Oddly enough though three of the items not available were still listed on their website early today. The catch is they are listed at a higher "discount" price that what was listed over a week ago. I believe I was screwed out of the order because they either a sold to an employee or b) sold to a customer who was willing to pay the higher price. Furthermore they show lack of knowledge of their inventory on hand and lack of skills. If the warehouse (or where ever they store online merchandise) was empty, their customer service/sales people should have immediately started calling stores to see if they could place my order. Lastly because of their inability to contact me in a timely manner has most likely cost me the ability to get the entire five piece luggage set in a different color at the Macy's located in the area I live at the sales price I ordered under-a few days before ordering on line I spoke directly with a sales person in the store and they said they would honor the sales price-I chose to go online because of the color selection. Well, I continue to complain about Macy's unprofessionalism and poor customer service, no one should be subject to their ineptitude.

PS. Luggage is manufactured-its not made out of rare material and/or a maintaining by a dead guy, they could always pull out the design and have more made.

• Babu Salahuddin's Response, Dec 11, 2017

The delivery guys need to take sign from the right person
    and verify the ID before handover the delivery.
    They need to show the delivery place (full address) in the
    Tracking Report.
    Otherwise lot of people will get hard time like me.

Thank You.

Babu Salahuddin.
    90-26 215th Place.
    Queens Village.
    NY 11428.

s.uddinbabu@yahoo.it
    1(917)635-6317

Comments

• Va
      6th of Feb, 2007

I was walking in the mall and decided to just check out the furniture in the new Macy's that had taken the place of Kaufmanns.

As I got to the top of the escalator there was a sign saying semi-annual furniture sale (nothing else but those words) so for me that was a plus factor to even look at their furniture displays.

I saw a black leather recliner chair that was small and just the size I had been looking for and it was on sale for $399! What a deal! I told the sales clerk that I wanted to purchase that chair and was there a delivery charge? He said the delivery charge was $65. I said wow I just had a refrigerator and stove delivered from HH Greg and it was only $50 plus they removed my old appliances.

I told him that my friend would pick it up for me with his truck. He then proceeded to fill out the papers and then said that there was a $15 charge for pick-up. I said what! He said it was for the paper work and getting the chair ready for me to put it in my friends truck.

I said the sign should say $414. for the chair not $399 if I have to pay that amount even to pick it up. I also said there were no signs and nothing on the tag stating that there is a $15 charge for pick-up. He said that is Macy's policy. I said ok, well then the sign says $399 for that chair then I will take that chair. He said he could not sell it to me it was the floor model and that I would have to get one out of the warehouse (thus adding the $15).

After talking with various managers, the home office, and district manager they basically said it was Macy's policy and they were not going to change it for me or anyone else.

I then said I would apply for a Macy's card and get 20% off my first purchase. They informed me that I had a Kaufmann's charge and that it automatically turned into a Macy's card and that I could not apply for a new card and get the discount.

To make a long story short, my friend with the truck filled out a form for a Macy's card bought the chair for me and had it delivered to my house and the cost was a lot less than if they would have just taken the $15 off the price.

So I paid my friend, he cut up the card and Macy's lost two customers.

Normally I spent a great deal of money over the holidays at that store but not this year! I feel for $15 they lost a good customer and I am sure there are others who feel the same way!

• Ca
      21st of Aug, 2007

I agree with other complainants' statements about Macy's big item/furniture problems. DO NOT BUY AREA RUGS from Macy's. A wool area room carpet purchased from Macy's furniture store in May 2006 started smelling like burning rubber in Feb. 2007. The smell heightened in April 2007. In August 2007 it smells like a bag of rubber bands burning and stinks up the whole house. Macy's customer service says that the carpet is under warranty for one year and the warranty has ended. They cannot do anything about the carpet, will not exchange it or fix it.

Who would ever think that after only a year and half, a $900.00 carpet would have to be thrown away!

• Ri
      24th of Sep, 2007

We bought a handmade (in India) wool rug at HomeGoods about two years ago and the same burnt rubber smell occurs. It is concentrated in the backing of the rug. It smells like burning insulation, you might think an electronic apliance is smoldering.

• Re
      8th of Jul, 2008

i perceive complaint as a catalyst for proper performance

• Su
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Macy's - Order was not delivered

Hi team,
    Just want to let you know that my order number 754144058 is not yet delivered as address was not correct. So I want to cancel it as item had been returned to the store already on 06/28/2018.

Order #: 754144058
    Order date: 06/16/2018
    Payment method: Macy's

Please do needful as earliest as possible.

Thanks,
    Sunil Singh

• La
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Macy's - Area Rug
    Kennewick
    Washington

Please see attached receipts and problem description.
    LaRue VanderSluis

• La
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Macys - area rugs tufted
    Kennewick
    Washington
    macys.com

i have attached 3 pages of documentation so your review.

• Ro
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Macy's - estee lauder
    Manchester
    Connecticut

Chakima ...manager for Macy's cologne at Estee Lauder was the worst disrespectful person ever. she did not take the time to hear the customer complained she was quick to just walk away.

• Ca
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Macy's - toddler
    Bronx
    New York

I'm a Macy's employee and my brother went to use my discount for his new born baby and they denied him and when I went to store they denied me as well I gave my associate number and ss and they made me feel as if I was doing fraud and I was very embarrassed and the employee should be fired this location was in Co op city and manger name was Katie.

• Mo
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Macy's - selling extra item and refuse to return
    Wilmington
    Delaware

sales person sold me extra item which is a $25 coupon without asking me when I ask her to return it she said I have to call the customer service. please I need my refund and I dont need that coupon. see attached receipt shows purchase number and details.

item:
    THANKS4SHARNG #N# 25.00
    431036703236 47/3
    Dept not coupon eligible

Regards

• Ol
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Macy's - alfani shoes

Hello I purchased a pair of Alfani Tan in color size 10.5 shoes from Macy's in Augusta, Ga over a month ago and I have spots on them from rain i'm thinking that will not go away, is theirs anything I can do about that as far as an complaint. I wouldn't have expected the shoes to do this and if I did I wouldn't have bought them, thanks.

• Lu
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Macy's - martha stewart
    Bakersfield
    California

Macy's, Macy's, Macy's!! Just saw a picture of Martha Stewart flipping a bird at President Trumps picture. I was shocked at the classless photo. She does NOT represent you company well!! I will no longer shop at Macy's!!! When you get rid of her, I will shop at your stores again. Your lack of action will mean that you condone such tasteless acts.

• Ev
      28th of Oct, 2018
    Macy's - order number: 1289411371
    Garden City
    New York
    macy's.com

I ordered and paid 2 pairs of New Balance shoes, same size, same color but only one pair has arrived. I need the second pair of shoes i paid for.
    Thanks.
    Eva Toth
    13448 N 200th Ave
    Sun City, AZ 85351

• Gi
      5th of Nov, 2018
    Macy's - customer service

I've called Macy's 1800-289-6229 to inquire about my order, I was transferred without acknowledgement, I was hung up on Numerous times by the employees and supervisor, I payed my money for a pair of shoes and cannot get an refund

• Co
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Macy's - why do you not sell ivanka trump perfume?
    Plymouth
    Minnesota

I am very disappointed in the fact that you do not carry Ivanka Trump perfume. If it is a political statement, shame on you. I spend a large amount of money at your store monthly. Guess I'll be going somewhere else.
    Please respond to this complaint to cawnee51@hotmail.com.

• So
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Macy's - price adjustments
    Ohio City
    Ohio
    macys.com

Please explain why upon price adjustments, Macy's does not return the adjusted state sales tax? Recently, I had a few price adjustments done on purchases where the price of the purchased item was adjusted (due to a sale) and funds were credited to my account except the adjusted sales tax. This is fraudulent!!!

• Wi
      13th of Nov, 2018
    Macy's - $2 service fee
    Chesterfield County VA

Today I was in a Macy's store and overheard 4 customers discussing the $2 service fee that Macy's is now charging to credit card customers. They were all very upset with the charge. I said if it ever gets charged to my account, I will definitely close my account there.

• Zo
      14th of Nov, 2018
    Macys - macys counter mgr
    Parlin
    New Jersey
    Macys.com

Very nasty counter mgr at men fregrance store nr9 Woodbridge nj07095make my job impassible heard she is abusive very abusive