Lowe's / return policies
I've just finished rebuilding my home and the house next door after Katrina.
Since I was forced to do most of the work myself, I purchased a large quantity of sheetrock, electrical and plumbing parts and all the other needed to totally rebuild the two houses.
To save on trips back and forth, I frequently bought a few more items than I needed. During 2006 and 2008 I spent somewhere between $30 and $40 thousand dollars at Lowe's.
When I found excess material I didn't need I returned it for credit. Suddenly when I tried to return some items in early 2008, I was told that the home office had notified the local store not to take any more returns from me because I had returned too much stuff. The cashier showed it to me on the computer.
I'm about to start rebuilding another abandoned home in the neighborhood. Believe me, Home Depot is looking mighty good.
More Lowe's Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowes - denied non receipt returns under $10.00
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - washing machine return and managers nasty attitude
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - harbor breeze ceiling fan model #0087, ul model #52-gv
- Lowes - refrigerator
- Lowes - credit card limit