Lowes

Posted:

retaliation for calling corporate

4.9
LOWES Corprate
On October 29th, 2010 my wife and I went to Lowes at Gordonsville, Va to upgrade 0ur existing cabinets and design to solid oak. At the same time, we were looking for hardwood flooring for the kitchen, hall and living room. Before we left, we left behind almost $10, 000 for Pergo flooring, custom honey oak cabinets with the large matching trim and a counter top w/sink.

In the second week of November, we received a call that our cabinets would be delivered on Nov 22nd. That weekend, we gave our cabinets and carpert to a young couple in our church which
left us with the old counter top and sink on two saw horses and no flooring.

The right cabInets came in but they were too tall. I called the manager at Lowes and he told me, "I am all over it" he assured me over and over again, we would have our cabinets by Christmas. Didn't happen !!!

We went to the manager in January and he gave us the same song and dance about how he had ordered our cabinets and we should have had them before Christmas. I went outside and called the cabinet people to only be advised that a lady from Lowes had cancelled our order on December 9th. (says a lot for the truth and veracity of the manager.) . We were furious, it seems she was "Going to design something we might like betters !!" We ordered what we wanted and had authorized no one to change our order.

I called the corporate office for Lowes in NC and got a lady named Julie and told her about all of this and that I wanted the name and address of the top dog. She told me it was a Robert Niblock.
I sent Mr. Niblock a six page letter which was signed for on January 10th at corporate.

About then, A fellow named Thomas called me and started on me for making the complaint and that the whole thing was our fault for cancelling the order and wanted to argue with me to the point I was ready to hang up on him. I asked him to show me a contract I had signed since the original one with the right cabinets on 10/29 ?
This never happened or anything cancelling our order. If our order was cancelled by us, why did we not get our money back so we could go someplace else ?

Since then, the proper cabinets were ordered but without the trim so the trim and the cabinets were not a match. I guess Mr. Niblock and Thomas did not have enough horsepower to make sure our order was right. We ended up with some trim from I do not know where and it doesen't match . I called Julie and got nowhere other than that Thomas and the store manager would meet with me to "make thing right ??"

Next came almost $5000 worth of Bruce custome flooring in the
gunstock finishe. Of course the flooring was ordered but NOT the matching stair nosing. Of course good old Thomas sent the installer down to Lumber l Liquidaters in Richmond for the stair nosing that doesn't match.

And of course, the delivey of our counter top was screwed up too. All of this was known by corporate who could care less.

We got our counter top we purchased on October 29th installed yesterday, exactly four months later !!!

Thomas then has the gaul to call and wanted to meet with he and Troy at the store to "Make things right!!!" I told him I did not want anything from Lowes and how much suffering we went through by missing, Thanks giving and Christmas with our kids and the fact that nothing we had matched and the way he and Lowes had treated us there was nothing to make this right and hung up on him.

Again, we want nothing from Lowes but I would like to take this time to thank Mr. Robert Niblock and Lowes corporate for screwing our lives up. We are not rich but are elderly and we cannot go through this again.

They seemed to think it was funny when my wife was standing in the cabinet section crying.

PT and Diane Spencer
Louisa, Virginia

PS, we have all of the emails, documents and dates and times to back this up.
Complaint comments Comments (62) Complaint country United States Complaint category Flooring Installation

Comments

N  27th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
That's what I was thinking too, sue them. Sounds like you've got good documentation, take them to court and make them pay, they deserve it.
A  9th of Feb, 2012 by    +2 Votes
PT - As I read your complaint from your local LOWES it was if I were reading a script to everything we've been through with LOWES on 1604 West, San Antonio, TX!! I kid you not...from the flooring to the kitchen it's been a comedy (NOTHING FUNNY) of errors from the moment we walked out of that store on September 11, 2011 with $25000.00 in orders!! From the kitchen sales representative Brian M. to the appliance people, one who even had the gall to tell me once when I called about the status of our 2nd refrigerator that he was sorry for not getting back to me but they had a sale going on and they were "Super Busy"!! I immediately explained how I didn't care what sale they had going on at the time - that we had already PAID for our refrigerator and that we were as important if not more-so than the potential customers he had standing in front of him!!, to another Manager the week before Thanksgiving who PROMISED that he would personally take our case over and see to it that everything was taken care who subsequently NEVER called back!! From Frank, to George, Brian, and as recently as today with Betsy S. (another "store manager") it's been nothing but misery from start to finish which just happened to be last week Thursday, FEBRUARY 2ND, 2012!!! For replacement cabinets, new countertops, new carpeting up, wood floors down, NOT TO MENTION matching wood on the stair whose bullnose didn't match either and had to be hand stained to match by the contractor who did the installation!!! UNBELIEVABLE...Down to the drawer pulls that were crooked, a sink base that didn't fit and had to be reordered - O but...the installers installed the smaller one 2 inches off center of the window and then made as if we were being picky to expect that our new sink should be centered on the kitchen window like the old one was...the countertop guy was the one who pointed that bit out - LOWES suggested that we keep the wrong sink base and just cut 2 inches off the wall end of the counter top and attach it to the open edge at the other end of it which would have resulted in a seam two inches from the start of the counter??? I am sure they would have done that in their own homes...Have I said UNBELIEVABLE??? So, this is obviously a company wide problem. Considering that you and I had nearly the exact same issues...NOW I am arguing with the store over extending our 6mos. same as cash that expires next month because we are down to the wire to close on our home improvement loan that we had fully intended to do to begin with to pay the job back once the work was finished to avoid being hit with interest on the $25K!! Considering all that was done/NOT done/done improperly that caused a 1 - 2 mo. job to go out to 5 MOS!!! we shouldn't have to pay a stitch of interest. Of course...par for the course...BESTY S. at the store this evening tells me I should have read the contract when we signed up for the card in September - that their "project card" isn't always intended to be paid off in 6 mos. and if it isn't then you have to pay the interest!!! What an idiot!! Between their corporate office, their project card dept. and her...I spent over 2 hours on the phone tonight trying to get Betsy to understand what their project card dept. said...that the store could run a full refund, then recharge it as of today and the clock would start over - I told her I didn't even care if they re-ran it as of Oct. or NOV, DEC...just so long as we didn't get charged any interest or have to pay any interest before we close on our home improvement loan!! She was indignant, unprofessional, and condescending all the while, even snickering at some points..then refused to give me her last name. When I explained that I could get it either through corporate or by calling the store back again and asking someone else - she said, "Well I guess that's what you'll have to do then!" I don't know why I'm surprised as that's been the treatment pretty much the entire time once everything started going south...so...4 refrigerators, 2 stoves, and numerous delays in cabinetry for either lack of ordering or ordering the wrong items...we are FINALLY done - 5 months people!! We have a 2200 s.f. house with a VERY small kitchen that was replacement only, ...no additional anything...I've gone on long enough for here, for now, but trust I will be contacting their corporate offices with pictures and long explanation. If they don't care to act upon it in any way that of course is their prerogative. It will catch up with them if it hasn't already...I've heard rumors of LOWES filing for bankruptcy protection!! Considering all the money they had to have lost just on our job alone - between what this kitchen guy continued to comp to us unnecessarily, to what their nearly completely incompetent contractor was paid for costly mistakes in installation. It's obvious we are not alone. THank you for sharing your story and I'm sorry that either of us had to go through any of it...lesson learned...next time we will check ANGIES LIST first!! BIG company doesn't mean BEST by any stretch of the imagination when it come to LOWES for sure. We will NEVER buy a single thing from them in the future, not even dirt for the garden. NONE of our friends will either knowing what we've gone through.
A  27th of Jul, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Having problem with Sikeston, Mo. store with carpet. Started dealing with them in June for tile on kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. Layer did great job but carpet was wrong size and store had to re-order. 2 weeks later they called and said carpet was in, never called new guy that took the place of the last tile layer, and so we waited. We finally called and they thought when they called me, they had called the layer. Now they called the new layer and he called back to say he would be here in another week and half. My money was paid up front and if not done next week will be in dispute on my credit card. This has gone on since first part of June. COME ON PEOPLE!
A  28th of Sep, 2012 by    +1 Votes
My Husband & I went to Lowe's looking at carpet in Sandusky Ohio a month ago 8-3-2012, a guy there Named Denise told us that we could get a credit card for on cash but we had to wait until on Wednesday to apply for it through a another person, we could not apply for it on any other day but wed. So I called the number he gave us and the women Jenna told me he was wrong, we could have done that the same day we were there and she said he ( Denise ) was going to get into trouble for giving us wrong Information, And if we still wanted to buy the carpet she would give us 10% off because of the hassle, And Jenna told us to ask for her to get this discount, so my Husband called Lowe's and asked for Jenna, and They said there was no one there by that name. And the guy at Lowe's Denise was the manager in the carpet department. So we asked him why we could not get the credit card with cash the same day as he said to us, and he was very rude, and called us a lyier and said we were not getting any discounts. But that was the only place were we have looked that we liked the carpet, so we went ahead and ordered the carpet and every time we called there we always got rude responds by this Denise, he was Very up tight and mean. I called to just ask if we had to move everything out of the front room and this guy Denise basically yelled saying of course you do and laughed about it. Every one there does not care of other peoples feelings. You would think that knowing we bought carpet there with cash we would be treated decent, but we were nothing to them. Where are the costumers right's? And we are still waiting for the carpet to this day. 9/28/2012..I will never again buy anything from that store for as long as i live...No body knows nothing from lowes but giving customers a run around, and treat us like dogs...From a Ohio couple...
A  28th of Sep, 2012 by    +1 Votes
My carpet has been laid at last BUT it was supposed to be reordered wider but when layer came it was still 12 ft. and the seam shows up so bad. The layer tried his best but not matched. It was supposed to be 15 wide but they brought the same 12 ft. back and I did not know it until the layer was laying it, thought it would be ok but its shows the seam really bad. Thinking about holding their money on my credit card til its relayed like it was supposed to be. I put it on the card in case something went wrong and it did. I do not blame the layer for he dealt with what he had but it is not right!!!
N  13th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
DAR SIR:
I WAS JUST IN YOUR STORE IN SMITHFIELD NORTH CAROLINA, AND WAS GOING TO PURCHASE A FEW IDEMS THE COST OF THE IDEMS WAS $42.00 AND SOME CHANGE. BUT WHEN WE CHECHED OUT WE FOUND THAT OUR CHECK ON THE NCSU OF NORTH CAROLINA WAS NO GOOD BECAUSE IT HAD A VIRGINIA ADDRESS.
WELL SIR WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF MOVEING TO N.C. AND WOULD HAVE USED LOWES FOR SOME ITEMS WE WOULD HAVE NEED HEE IN NORTH CAROLINA BUT WE'LL GO TO HOME DEPOT FROM NOW ON, SINCE LOWES DON'T TAKE OUT OF STATE CHECKS . THAT IS A SHAME BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE HAS DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS, BUT HOME DEPOT WILL EXCEPT OUT OF STATE CHECKS.
I THINK IT'S A TRAVISITY AND MAKE ONE FEEL THEY ARE TRYING TO STEAL OR DO SOMETHING ILLIGAL. WELL MY WIFE OR MY SELF WOULD NOT STOOP SP LOW. WE WOULD DO WOTH OUT FIRST.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY, FOR GOD WIL TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOUR COMPANY.
E.RAY BOSWELL AND JUDY BOSWELL 103 MAUMEE TRL. BRACEY, VIRGINIA. 23919 OR ELBERTBOSWELL@LIVE.COM
A  14th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
All of these folks are right on target. I am dumbfounded that any establishment would ever treat a customer, much less a referring customer, the way I have been treated. I am filing suit next Tues. I hate to do it but there's no other recourse. And I WILL tell any and every person who will listen to stay away from Lowe's for any kind of home improvement work.
N  6th of Jan, 2015 by    +7 Votes
I ordered a freezer the second week of December they said it would be to the Grandville Michigan store on December Twenty Third and they would call and work and out a time to deliver, never heard a thing I called the day after Christmas and they said the vendor had hold on the freezer and we would have it on the thirty first we still haven't heard A thing I think this is poor business, I would like to no if the freezer is still coming? Lynn W Wells 0-394 Burton Grand Rapids Michigan 49534.
N  3rd of Mar, 2015 by    +4 Votes
Dear customers, I am an employee at lowes and am so sorry for your bad experiences. As an employee for five years, I can tell you that many of us would have made sure you got good service and the correct product. Everyday at my store is a goose chase. The people who care about giving you good service are run ragged daily. My store, which is the biggest money maker in the region has the worst management "team" I've ever seen. The turn over is insane, managers are not managing and rarely come out of their offices. Managers get big bonuses for cutting hours. It may look good on paper But in real life, the customers are suffering! The employees who want to give good service are often doing the jobs of two people. When communication breaks down mistakes are made. I am sorry for your troubles. I have always heard, that if a customer calls corporate the manager gets in huge trouble. The manager is to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. The management team should have PLANS on how to run an efficient store. It's a train yourself company. I'm sorry if you end up with a seasonal person who hasn't trained themselves first. The guy who started it all would not be happy. Please continue on with complaints until you are satisfied. I found this page in hopes of a corporate link for employees to report really bad behavior that's affecting how our customers are cared for. Why is it me and not someone higher up apologizing?
N  7th of Jun, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Lowes employee # Most of the employee's I have dealt with have gone out of their way for me, but the manager's could care less and either don't pick up the phone at all or Never return your phone call. I feel sorry for all of you good employees having to deal with this mess.
N  28th of Apr, 2015 by    +6 Votes
I see so many customer complaints online, and a lot are directed at the employees. Believe me, I understand not every employee is great. But, quite a few times, it's NOT the salesperson who is screwing up your order, or denying your warranty, etc. Most of us bend over backwards to make things right. BUT! This company provides NO training, gives ZERO support at the store level, upper-management doesn't care about you the consumer, nor do they give a *** about the employees. They want your money, and want their workers to work for *** wages, and smile as they toss us under the bus.

You have to understand the reason most of your deliveries are late, is because we have no idea when your product is due to come in. We call the warehouse and they tell us 4-7 days. We can't track anything because we are working with a computer system from the 90's. We are pushed and pushed to sell their Extended Protection Plans, and get people signed up for a Lowe's credit card. Your appliance breaks, we can do NOTHING at the store level! Call the # for the warranty dept., but for *** sake have your receipt! You'll jump through hoops to get anything done. WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU IN THE STORE! Cussing at me, telling me I am incompetent, etc. is not going to help.

If any of us were trained experts in the various depts., we would be working somewhere else. Most of us (myself included) have sought out training on our own time. To try and be better able to help and solve your issues. At some point YOU have to take the initiative and LEARN HOW TO DO A PROJECT ON YOUR OWN!!!

Working here is like being in High School, gossip, favoritism, back-biting, and a general sense that if you aren't a management pet you are not welcome. If you're a guy, you are left to do the heavy lifting and the physical work. Of course 3/4 of the employees are on FMLA for some made up vague "illness". And heaven help you if you discuss anything with HR. They will tell all to the management, who in turn tell their pets, and inside of a week; the entire store knows what you discussed. But, at least after you work there a year, Lowe's throws you a $.15 raise! No commissions. No bonuses...they say you can get one but, they recently changed the qualifying store sales amount to the point where, it's not even a viable option anymore.

But, as long as the CEO makes millions in salary and bonuses, screw the employees! Yeah, at least I have a job. And I'm thankful for that. What do any of you care, as long as you get the cheap *** from China, and get to abuse the employees, hopefully that makes you feel better.
N  23rd of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Monkeywaffles34 If you show this attitude to customers, that is why you are getting cussed at. If Lowe's doesn't want to help people trying to do home improvements, they should go out of business. I always start off treating employees with respect and if they start disrespecting me, then they will get disrespect back. MY attitude is a direct reflection of YOUR attitude. If you would take the time to LISTEN to the customer and explain what the process is or better yet, help them through the process, things would go smoother.

You sound very unhappy in your job. I am sorry that you are dealing with such immature coworkers. However I suggest that you search for a job that doesn't require direct contact with customers because until you can develop a thicker skin and realize that 99% of customer complaints are not personal attacks on you, you will not be happy serving customers. I do not think the customer is always right, but they should be treated with respect and receive what they pay for, on time and it should all be correct. Deflecting/shuffling blame from one department/person to another and lying to customers about products and services is wrong and should stop.
N  21st of Jun, 2015 by     Best Advice +9 Votes
Big understatement: We trusted the wrong company. My wife and I are absolutely sick from our experience with Lowe's in Highland, CA. We went in trusting that Lowe's had tons of expertise in kitchen remodeling since they have an entire section devoted to this in every Lowe's store we've been in. However, from the designers, who make everything sound and look wonderful but fail at every opportunity to provide sound advice (such as selling us a sink base that's so small we can't find a decent sink to fit it - thanks Michael - or failing to mention the costs of upgrades until AFTER we've spent hours with them), to the delivery department (which is apparently run by a committee with no brain at the helm) to managers who say they'll take care of us but don't (thanks Andrew). It is clear to me that this large company is a good example of the Peter Principle: they have grown to a size so large they can no longer provide competent service. We are hard-working people. We worked and saved for years to afford this. We budgeted $25, 000 for a SMALL kitchen we hoped we would love. We ordered our cabinets ($$$) April 6th and this project was supposed to be completed before June. What a pipe dream! Problems with wrong cabinets, conflicting info from various Lowe's people who are clueless of what their coworkers are telling us, and the lack of anyone who has a clarity of purpose for clients who have spent so much money at their store... they just don't seem to care. We planned to have distant family coming from out of state to attend a wedding and they were supposed to stay with us. We so looked forward to having them here, but this has no chance of happening now. These family members have never been to California nor will they ever likely return. We have lost the only opportunity we will ever have to bond with these distant relatives in a meaningful way. Lowe's is a nightmare. I'm tempted to yank out the cabinets they've begun to install, dump them in the parking lot, and picket the store. To illustrate how drastic a measure this is: I'm a really laid back and friendly guy. It takes a lot to anger me. "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff" is something people who know me have heard from me for years. Lowe's... you guys are darn near a public nuisance. Just by having a department that appears to be competent is false advertising. I'd be surprised that the grief they cause has NOT resulted in heart attacks, broken marriages, ulcers, and countless sleepless nights. I am somewhat of a business leader in my town and visit hundreds of clients each year at their homes. I build close relationships of trust with them and seal the deal by keeping my word every time. My experiences with Lowe's will find it's way into conversations whenever home improvement comes up, and it does often. I hope everyone who had a hand in our misery gets and really bad case of shingles.
N  1st of Sep, 2015 by    +3 Votes
Dear customers I am so sorry for your horrible experiences. I too am an employee at Lowes and i deeply apologize for the people that thought of you as simply a number and not a person. I take great pride in my job on a day to day basis customer service should be top priority many of you are investing your life savings into your home and i can understand your frustration. I currently work flooring and have for about a year now. The above employee is correct everything that i know is either prior knowledge that i had before working at lowes or what I've trained myself how to do on my own time. Being an employee at Lowe's is not just a "job" or "paycheck" to me; I know that many customers look to us for competent real world advice. I work my butt off to make any of my screw ups right, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. There are employees that are few and far between that work and run around trying to do everything in the store. I can work every department and hold my own except plumbing repair and i'm working on understanding everything there. The point of this comment is that there are people who really do care i'm not saying continue to shop at Lowe's i'm simply saying please don't write us all off. I have customers come and ask for me by name all the time I even have given them my personal phone number if they have any further questions and i am at school or off that particular day. Management is often only concerned with lining their own pockets. Tonight i was scheduled from 5-11 i left the store at 2:30am because management had to set up their "Dog and pony show" I have class at 8am i will not be getting any sleep. Unfortunately no one takes pride in their work anymore otherwise it would be done right the first time. I found this site looking for a corporate email because i'm tired of taking managers calls of disgruntled customers simply because they do not want to deal with the customer. excuse my language but that is bs. Every customer i do not care if you spend 50 cents or 50000 should get the same awesome care that they always preach about. Each case mentioned above should have been handled immediately and each customer should have gotten a call back at least within the week. They cut our hours and tell us to do more work with less time. I am twenty years old with a right leg that's worth well over 100, 000 dollars yet I make 9.25 hr when i'm not only an automotive technician in training but a 3rd generation cabinet maker and have a very wide knowledge on general home repair. Yet i have a job and i relish in the fact that i have made so many memorable moments with customers If i was in it for the money i'd be working somewhere else but i do it because you can never forget when you make a customers day better just by giving them the right advice
A  29th of Sep, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I feel your pains all and I am another victim of Lowe's in Allen Park Michigan. I am getting my papers together to start a complaint with the corporate office. Thank You for voicing your complaints. God Bless!!!
( Milad )
Miladf@comcast.net
N  2nd of Oct, 2015 by    +3 Votes
What a fool I am. First time using LOWES for the purpose of installing a bathroom product. I took vacation to be at home, because I thought maybe the contractor hired by LOWES to install the product would require my oversight. As it turns out, it's the LOWES project designer and the LOWES installation service team that need the oversight. Lateness to scheduled meetings, lack of communications, and delivery of the wrong product to the site makes me rethink the likelihood of ever using LOWES design and installation services again.
N  18th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
I wish I had read all these reviews before I ordered a storm door. Not as much as the other people here have gone through but it is sill frustrating to have it delayed for a month when I was told it was an in stock door so I wouldn't have to wait. Now they say it is a special ordered door. Talking to the manager was a waste of time. All he offered was to have the person that sold me the door give me a call. Once the door is in, if ever, I don't plan on coming back.
A  28th of Nov, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I work at the Lowes on 1604 & Blanco in San Antonio Tx and can attest to the favoritism that management has with certain people. Our assistant store manager, Saul Gonzales, is sleeping and living with one of my coworkers and its not fair to the rest of us! We've told HR, the store manager, and even corporate but nothing is done. No one looks into it.
A  6th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
On July 1, 2014 I purchased a refrigerator from lowes for $2200.00 on November 22, 2015 it stopped working I called about the extended warranty I purchased. I was told the earliest they could get someone out was Dec 1st. Everything in my refrigerator spoiled. Dec 1st no one came I called again . I talked to a Jason this time he apologized and said it won't be until Dec 4th. I am now getting pretty frustrated. I went to lowes in Pascagoula, Ms. Where I bought the refrigerator. The manager said he can't do anything until after the 4th. On the 4th a repairman came and looked at it he said it would take a week for the parts and at least a week to get back out to fix it. So back to the store I go. I talk to another manager he said they can give me a fridge to use. It was supposed to be delivered the next day Dec 5th. I got a call that night it won't be delivered until the 6th. It is still not here. I'm telling everyone not to buy from Lowes. They are a horrible store and I will never purchase anything from them again!
N  9th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
Went to Lowes 1930 keystone dr in Erie, PA on Friday December 2, 2015. I got a few items and went to check out. When time to pay I swiped my debit card and entered my pin for $63.84 and the touch pad machine went black. Usually it's and instant process. Well it wasn't this time and the nice associate said "sorry it didn't go through please swipe again. So I swiped my same debit card again and entered my pin again and it went through like normal. Soooooo I get home same day and check my account and Lowes has debit me TWICE for same amount as if I made 2 different purchases of the same thing at the same time!!! I call Lowes on keystone drive to bring to attention 2 hours after leaving their store. They say call back tomorrow (Saturday) and talk to management. I call Saturday morning at 8:00 and talk to Management (Beth). She says I talked to corporate and they flaged it so it will be back in account.she also gave me a paper email from Lowes corporate (Bobby G) that I still have that was faxed to my credit union stating the reversal was going through. Seven days Later Wednesday December 9th still nothing. I call my credit union and Lowes on keystone drive. Lowes is now saying they only see one payment taken and my credit union says no you took 2 payments here is the proof! Now my credit union is involved and contacting corporate!! LOWES YOU HAVE SCREWED UP MY automatic DEBITS FOR LIFE INSURANCE- CABLE- HOUSE TAXES!!! my account is a mess and instead of you refunding my cash money You stole the same day, you give the run around and wait days to deny... My credit union will get you but in the meantime my bank account is JACKED!!
N  13th of Dec, 2015 by    -1 Votes
Lowes ... i have amajor issue. I bought a 12 foot xmas tree with a price of $1400.00. This was about 4 years ago. I have orginal box that says its a Lowes brand. This tree has 1800 lights. My issue is that I went to buy replacement lights only to find out they don't make them anymore. They changed the design of them. I have a tree that is half lit and can't not buy anything to fix it. After 6 trips to the store (in Colorado) they gave me strands of light to put on an already fully decorated tree. Super convent. I told the 2 different service managers that I don't want my money back I only want a tree that lights up. After going back and forth with them they told me there were not ANY 12 foot trees available through Lowes.

I rushed home to check the Lowe's website. When I put my zip code in it said it was not available in Colorado. Hmmmmm.. I put in a zip code in WYOMING not to far away. Low and behold they have tons of $1400.00 12 foot trees.

Why is it that they can't get one of these trees??? This is a bunch of crap and I want it resolved. A tree at this price should last 15 years. All I want is a tree that works.
A  6th of Jan, 2016 by    +2 Votes
We purchased a refrigerator for my mom in April of 2013, along with a 4 year warranty. December 30, 2015 it quits freezing and cooling, and I contact the number on my receipt at 9:00 a.m. on Dec. 31. They gave me the date of January 7, 2016 as the service date. After explaining that my mother is an invalid, can't walk, has to have somebody stay with her 24/7 and we were in desperate need of the refrigerator and the contents therein, Amanda assured me she would put it on "emergency status" and we would hear from them the next day (New Year's) with an appt. Meanwhile, I had given them the name and number of who to call, and my email. We have purchased many refrigerators over the years, and about 3 years ago bought one for our vacation home. I get an email saying a company from the town over from the vacation home would be at the vacation home. I reminded Amanda the next day was New Year's and was that considered a business day because most places it would not be. She assured me it was, and we would hear from somebody the next day. I call back on Dec. 31 to inform them ONCE AGAIN the location of the fridge to be fixed. January 1, no call so when I call Sergio says it is indeed NOT a business day, and the day they have for repair is JAN. 7. Went over with him, his supervisor on Jan. 1 the particulars and my mama still does not have a fridge or freezer that works.

Jan. 2 I talk to another fella and his supervisor, get an "emergency" date and it will be Monday, Jan. 4 before 5:00 p.m. Comes and goes, nobody calls or comes, but there's an email stating a company in Raleigh that will be out on January 5 between 1:00 and 5:00. Having heard nothing by 4:45 I call once again and hear that the company they say were coming had declined the job b/c they didn't have a technician available that day. Then I hear that the customer called and cancelled. One hour after being on the phone with Johnathon and his supervisor Ronin, I finally get them to understand the customer hasn't cancelled anything b/c I was the only one with the phone number to call. Well, they say they have rescheduled the appt. to, that's right, JAN 7, the original date they gave me 6 days ago.

BOTTOM LINE: LOWE'S DOESN'T CARE. They've already got your money and if your very life depended on having something fixed, you would die because I have yet to speak to anybody in Service that can tell the truth. SAVE YOUR MONEY.
N  26th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Darlene Wall I am starting to feel fortunate after reading everyone else's complaints. We are "only" out a few thousand $ but still have an unfinished project due to damaged cabinet. This has been going on for 14 weeks. We have called, emailed, filed a complaint with our credit card co, filed a complaint with BBB and posted a complaint on Facebook. Their Facebook staff promptly responded saying this would be resolved but it hasn't been. Spread the word #dontshopatlowes, #nocustomerserviceatlowes

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers Logo Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers
Customer Care Service