Lowe's / my experience is certainly nothing compared to some of the 'horror stories' i've read on complaintsboard.com
This is a letter I submitted to the Lowe's Home Improvement Store Website. My experience is certainly
nothing compared to some of the 'horror stories' I've read on ComplaintsBoard.com. Still, as far as I am
concerned, its just one more nail in the coffin.
On September 23, 2006 my wife and I went to the Lowes of Garden City (store number 1624) to purchase a dishwasher. The experience was so extremely dissapointing, I am going to make it a point not to shop at Lowes any further.
To start, the customer service representative there who served us (John) seemed more concerned with
talking with several of his coworkers than correctly entering my information for the purchace. I had
requested a delivery, install and removal of the old unit. On the paperwork, John checked off delivery but no install. When I pointed this out, he told me not to worry about it. I insisted he check it off. At
one point he began to talk to his coworkers again. I asked him if this was going to take long as my wife
was attending to one of our small children. He insisted the process would not take long.
When he finally began to enter the information into the computer, I asked him several times if he had
added the delivery, intall and removal request. He insisted he had. He then asked me if I was interested
in a Lowe's credit card. I informed him I was and he said that he would take care of that as well.
After he entered the information into the computer he printed out a receipt and told me to go to any
register and give my phone number. I asked him about the credit card and he told me I had to go to customer service to apply. I asked him then why he said he would help me set up the card if he couldn't or wouldnt have been able to, but got little reply. I decided to forgo the card application and put the purchase on an existing card. I then went to a register where I gave the young lady my phone number. To my amazement, she asked me when I intended to pick up the dishwasher. I informed her I had requested delivery, install and removal of the old unit. She informed me that none of that information was in the system and that I would have to go back to the customer service person.
At this point, I was disgusted. I told her to forget the purchase, I didn't want it. I then asked for the
manager on duty. A gentleman named Larry came over and I explained what had happened. Larry apologized and took my phone number down, promising me that he would call me personally in a day or two and we would place the order correctly over the phone. It has now been ten days, and Larry never bothered to call.
Every time I see a Lowe's commercial, where your customer service reps offer the Lowe's 'promise' for
customer satisfaction, I laugh. From now on, it's the Home Depot in East Meadow Long Island for me.
More Lowe's Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - warranty on a refrigerator
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - laminate flooring installation
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - flooring installation
- Lowe's - appliances samsung dishwasher
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - the customer service I received at lowe’s located on shillington road reading, pa.