LocalNet / charging my canceled account

1 Corfu, NY, United States Review updated:

I canceled from LocalNet in December on their web site / my account. They keep charging me now for 4 months after the fact! I have talked and faxed them 3/4 altogether and STILL they tell me they know nothing of my canceling! PLUS, their numbers don't even add up! They charged one amount on my credit card and in their letter to me they are charging a different amount and adding some crazy demand fee. Are they going to ruin my credit now over $21.00.. I didn't use their service. I hated their service. I don't want their service. I shouldn't have to pay for what I don't have!

Su

Comments

• Wh
      16th of Mar, 2010

After using Localnet for a year I decided to cancel my service. So they did cancel me but then the next month More money was being taken out of my account. I called and they said I actually had 2 accounts! So I went through the process of voiding my account, the one I never knew about.
    The next month still more charges are applied to my checking so I called fuming but not swearing. The guy was an ### and defended the company. He then put me on hold and came back with a better attitude saying he would close my account and return my money into my account.
    This month More money has been taken out of my account!! This internet service really is just a scam!

• Bo
      13th of May, 2013

DO NOT GIVE CC NO. use debit, that is the only reason we did not get ripped off. We paid for what we used but they want more +letters. keep you posted.