LocalNet Internet Services Logo

LocalNet Internet Services

Having problems with LocalNet Internet Services?

LocalNet Internet Services Customer Service Contacts

1888 488 7265 (Customer Service)
+1 888 488 7266 (Technical Support)
325 Hampton Hill Dr.
Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with LocalNet Internet Services Customer Service. Initial LocalNet Internet Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for LocalNet Internet Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about LocalNet Internet Services. Discuss the issues you have had with LocalNet Internet Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

LocalNetnever do business w/ this company

OMG I have never been treated so terrible as I was when I called about a demand letter. This all started in August 2008 when my internet service would no longer work...constant busy signal for more then 3 weeks. I called the tech support for local net they informed me that it was my telephone line, which keep in mind this is the same phone line I am talking to them on. There is and was not anything wrong w/ my phone line. So I told them since they could not fix the problem, I wanted to cancel my service w/ them. I was then transfered to a women who told me I COULD NOT cancel my service, that phone call ended and on went the monthly phone calls to my c/c company to dispute the charges (theres a good hour of my day wasted on hold for them) Also when I signed up for this service I had to give them a c/c but I told them I want a paper bill in the mail I DID NOT WANT MY CREDIT CARD CHARGED AUTOMATICALLY. They did this anyway. So finally I spoke w/ someone again from localnet in Feb. 2009 and they informed me of the cancelation policy they need something in writing (would have been nice had they told me this back in August) So I faxed them a nice little letter stating I no longer wanted the services that they were UNABLE to provide. I thought I was done w/ them. Yesterday I get a "DEMAND LETTER" I called them this morning and got a man named Chris WOW was he a class act JERK. My 10 year old has more professionalism then this guy. He immediately got angry w/ me, raising his voice at me when I said I was not paying for services not rendered. Gosh I could hear his blood pressure rising in the sound of his voice. He informed me of my 2 options 1 Pay the bill 2 don't pay the bill and read the letter. He also told me his job was not to be nice to people but to collect their money. Never the less he hung up on me twice and I was unable to get anything solved. Stay clear of the place!!!

• St
      Stuart Mar 27, 2009

That definitely sounds like LocalNet -- AND like Chris in collections! LOL! On their little postcards, they ask you to call [protected]. But, you'll wait on hold for a long time, and -- just like calling their customer support -- it's as likely no human ever *will* answer! Chris is described by a couple of staff as "their supervisor." (Difficult to believe, isn't it?) More likely he's merely the hardmouth they send you to if the front line operators aren't succeeding. Maybe that sort of abuse works on some people -- but obviously not on sensible people! hehe... If you're interested in talking with Chris (whose very lack of control makes him amusing) phone [protected] instead . Someone usually picks this line up after just a minute or two, usually Chris himself. Saves wading through the front lines...

• Pa
      Pamela Cook Aug 16, 2011

Yep, that's what happened to me!

LocalNetfraudulent charges

I signed up with Localnet by phone, paid for first month hook-up service with my bank card and given instructions for accessing 24 hr. tech support to get online. I continuously tried to connect with tech support & only got a message. I found out from my bank that my card had been charged immediately & I canceled my card. After several days of trying to contact localnet by phone, i gave up.

A Localnet representative called me the following month to inquire about inability to bill my card for monthly service. When i complained about not even having service & demanded a refund, Localnet refused. She told me that i would need to go online (which i didn't have access to yet) to the localnet webpage if i wanted to file a complaint. I was so disgusted. I thought i was saving a few bucks going with basic service, but i was charged for services never delivered.

LocalNetabusive business practices

DO NOT ever do business with LocalNet.

Their practices are highly deceptive and abusive. I have never dealt with people more insulting. They need to be put out of business. We cancelled a year ago, yet tonight I recieved a phone call claiming that they had been sending me post cards notifying me that of my alleged debt (I never card a card). They also called me a debtor and said that they would refer me to a collections agency. Keep in mind that I never actually used their service and that after having signed up for less than a day, we cancelled because I learned (too late) that the business is highly suspect. There behavior is unethical and abusive. I hope that no one has to endure their condescending, hateful customer service calls.

This business should be out of business.

• Dm
          dmsuprimo Apr 27, 2009

how do we go about making formal complaints to regulators about local net?

• Uk
          uknob3310 May 05, 2009

I cancelled my service August of 08, I just received a bill for $28.90 for Feb 9 2009 thru april 7 2009. And if the bill is not paid for by may 3rd, they are taking me to court in New York, I live in Wyoming. I called at questioned the bill, told them I was not paying and wanted it resolved. She hung up on me. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and plan on fighting this bill any way possible.

-Jonathan- Jun 28, 2009

BEWARE OF LOCALNET’S BILLING PRACTICES!

On January 7, 2009, I sent an e-mail to Localnet's customer care email address asking that my account be canceled. This request was made well before the account renewal date in February. On March 18th, I received a call from a Localnet customer service representative asking me if I forgot to make my yearly payment to Localnet. I informed the customer service representative that I sent an e-mail in January to cancel the accounts. She asked that I please send another e-mail to [email protected] to restate that my account be canceled. I told her I would do so if it would resolve the issue, and informed her that I did not expect to pay any late or termination fees since my first request was made months before. After our phone call, I sent the requested e-mail to the requested Localnet address. Later that day, I received yet another phone call from a Localnet customer service representative asking me if I forgot to make my yearly payment to Localnet. I explained to that customer service representative that I spoke to another customer service representative earlier about this matter, and that the issue had been resolved. She put me on hold, and then came back and apologized for the confusion. The matter was concluded, or at least I assumed so until in April when I received a threatening DEMAND LETTER from Localnet in the amount of $16.00. I called the Localnet billing department and explained the series of events. The rude ### in the billing department (named Chris) said that "they are not playing a game about this" and I had two choices - pay them the amount due immediately or they would send the bill to a collection agency.

Not wanting to have these idiots damage my credit rating, I paid the amount due the next day. It seems that I am not alone in finding Localnet's billing practices to be inaccurate, fraudulent, and misleading. Hopefully, someone will file a class action lawsuit against Localnet -- I'd join it in a heartbeat. My next step is to contact the New York Better Business Bureau.

• Ju
          Justin1990 Jul 13, 2011

Today I recived a letter stating (I feel its a threat just to get money) that I owe $31 and if I dont pay they would see me in court in New York. A service I have not used and cancel last year and still being charged for something I would never go back too. I even had to change my account because they wouldn't stop taken money out my bank account. Im 21 so that hurts cause I dont keep a lot of cash in it which mean I started to owe the Bank account. Anyways, don't go to localnet; go with AoL or whoever not loclnet.

• Bi
          BigDaddySexy Sep 20, 2012

I agree with you i requested Dsl service from them and they never provided me with Dsl services they are a rip off company and Yes i do agree with you they are complete [censored]s..You know if you paid through your banking debit card that they can send the charges back to Localnet.com ..I will get a refund cause i'm not dealing with these jerks

local.net.comnot compatible

I carlos31015 want to be disconnected right now from internet service because it is not compatible with gaming with a game console

S.A.M. Feb 27, 2009

Localnet was not working on my computer since the first night I signed up, 2/22/09. I was unable to get any mail to open and I could not get to any websites and open them, and Exployer froze up, and then I could not get a connection at all. So, I called to cancel but they do not let you do that. They charge $12 for a setup fee, non returnable, they say. They suggest to get the excelorator at $3 more. I wanted to cancel so I called the customer service dept, I was told I had to email them on the email from Localnet, now mind you, I just explained I could not get on line, I could not get their service to work! I went to where I could get connected to a wireless service and then emailed them I was very dissatisfied and wanted a refund, as instructed. But tonight I was informed by a supervisor, they will not refund my money. I have tired to call Tech support, I can not get through, it burns up my cell minutes waiting to get to a Tech. After complaining tonight, I again retyped in their info to connect, now it connected, I find this amazing since it would not work all day, and not until I filed a complaint! I also deactivated the accelorator, which now I want my money back from that thing. I wonder how many complaints about this company there are out there?

wanda auer Apr 19, 2009

My commet is, I want my localnet service disconnected because of the fact it really is not that much faster. AND the fact I do Not
            like my credit card automatically charged Thank you I have already called and talked with Brian and now am following through with what I was told to do.

wanda auer Apr 19, 2009

I just want my service disconnected. I am not complaining . I have already spoke to brian. He told me I have to confirm it with a written response, which is what I am doing . Thank you.

I have already commented THREE times How many more do you NEED

wanda auer Apr 19, 2009

read the ones I have submitted before

LocalNet.com — billing credit card

Localnet.com has made charges of $12.95 to my credit card even thou it was cancelled in March of 2008. I...

LocalNet — watch your credit card statements

We moved 9 months ago. Called and cancelled our service with LocalNet (ISP) last June. Asking them...

Localnet Internet Service Provider — this company needs to be put out of business!

I don't know the address of the company, but the name is Localnet. I started doing business with them...