LocalNet Internet Services Logo

LocalNet Internet Services

Having problems with LocalNet Internet Services?

1888 488 7265 (Customer Service)
+1 888 488 7266 (Technical Support)
325 Hampton Hill Dr.
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Localnet.com Internet Service — customer care/service

Here is a fine example of how Localnet.com thinks and operates; (1) I sent an email to localnet to cancel my...

LocalNet Internet Servicesproduct and dial up service

I called local net today and got hold of a operator named Gabe. I tried to explain to him why localnet counseled my access accelerator feature 6 days before it was to expire. Gabe was very blunt rude an unprofessional when talking to me. My service with accelerator was paid up through the full month of May 2018 and then there after I downsize to regular dial up without the accelerator. On May 26th 2018 the access accelerator was cut from my dial-up even though I've already paid for it until the end of May 31st 2018. When I call localnet about this problem Gabe was very rude to me and said that there's no proof it was cancelled on the 26th through the 31st of May. I asked to talk to his supervisor he said there is no such person but I can email his manager. I asked him why isn't there anybody looking over him. Someone I can talk to directly other than him. Gabe said he has a manager but I have to email him. According to Gabe I pay for the whole month of May 2018 which takes me up to May 31st, but Gabe told me the billing cycle is actually May 28th. On all my previous monthly payments they all were paid the very last day of the month. So there's an overlap of four days that I already paid $12.95 per month then the new charge of $9.95 a month is from the 28th of May until the 30th of June. I told Gabe directly that there's something wrong that there is no way you could charge somebody money and then when there's a mistake you act like there's nothing wrong and refused to even go down the refund Road. I told Gabe I wanted to cancel my service with local net he says fine. You have to either fax email or send a letter to local net.com, I told Gabe why don't you just take my information from me right now and cancel my service. I said you had no problem taking my money and charge me monthly service or the phone. So why can't you verbally take my word and cancel my account. Keep in mind the whole time Gabe was very rude and unprofessional when dealing with this manner.
I am going to file a complaint against local net.com with the Bureau of Better Business.
People need to know about this company who is just ripping off people. They owe me at least $12 in credit back to my account but I will never see that. Like I say there's more than one way to skin a cat. Thanks to social media I am going to put the word out there about this company and hopefully more people will come forward and leave comments about how they were unfairly treated.

LocalNet — access to internet

My name is donald marvel, 13750 north fork rd, polebridge, mt 59928. I have lost access to localnet.Com and...

LocalNet — misleading to consumers

I called looking for a new internet provider. Found LocalNet in our phone book and called. Customer service...

LocalNet — unfair billing

i signed up for localnet services 3 1/2 years ago. after i hooked up my computer, it crashed, so i didnt buy...

Localnet Corpbill for the services I never got

I was checking my bills and noticed that someone called LocalNet Corp send me a bill for the services I never got. I even don’t know who they are and never heard their name before. I called them to say that I know they are scammers, but they told I can’t prove my words and hang up.

LocalNet — I have never used the service and feel that they owe me a refund

I asked for this so-called account to be canceled because I never subscribed to it anyway but I am still...

LocalNet — refund

I could not get a refund for services, that were never received. I contacted Localnet many times and was told...

LocalNet — rip off without refund

I signed on with local net and was excited about only paying $9.95 a month and a fifteen dollar startup fee...

LocalNetworse company ever

Canceled service 3 years ago, however they insisted that we switch to keep our email address which we were charged for yearly apparently, then 3 years after cancellation we get a letter for demand of payment, , , not a bill or anything, , , a demand of payment for $20 dollars, it was 2.47 for email address and 16 dollars for our credit card cancelation 4 times. yes they charge you 3 dollars everytime your credit card is declined. why was it declined because it had expired! are you telling me they couldnt tell the date was expired when they were punching it in? This is THE WORSE BUSINESS EVER if your considering using them i suggest taking your money and burning it, youll have a lot more fun and a better time with it that way!

LocalNetbad service

I canceled Localnet 2 months ago and got another internet provider.Everything was going good untill they sent me a letter about updating my account.So I went online to talk to somebody and they did not help me.The person I wrote to said he could not cancel my account because I was suppose to call, even though the guy was from customer service.Then about three weeks later I got another letter about the same updating problem.So this time I called localnet.The person on there said that he did disconnect the service (so I thought).Then 2 weeks later I got another call saying that I needed to pay for their service and then today I got a letter of demand saying that if I did not pay that they would take me to a commercial court.The thing about that is the court is located in New York and I live in Califorina, so basically they got me over a barrel.The cost they want me to pay though is unbelievable.They wanted me to pay $31.90.They charged me $12.00 for decline fees which I think is just downright stupid.So if you are getting any internet provider DO NOT GET LOCALNET.Just because the price is right, doesn't mean the service is.

• Ph
            phcull Feb 21, 2013

I think all the complaints are right and I think that I might be the next one to fall victim to their schemes.I closed the service over the phone and now they said, by postcard, that they are activating the service.I said"I don't want the service, I won't use the service.I've paid for the service that I did use".Now it's 6mts later and I suspect they will try to do what ever they do to create a problem for me.These people who work for such a disreputable business will try anything to get money out of their victims.What they don't realize is we can find out who they are and have them investigated for the bad practices they are using.Local-net does not want these lowlife's working for that business.

• Ph
            phcull Feb 21, 2013

local-net used to be a reputable business till those certain few who work the phones got hired now the only think to "Get the money", get the money.We know who they are !

Local Net Corpscam

Yesterday I signed up for localnet..the lady never said that it was a dial up company..she also said the I could cancel @ anytime... I found out from the tech that I needed a part to make it work which cost from 20-50 dollars..When I called back to cancel it after being on hold for 2hrs..the lady informs me that they have already charged my account and the only way for me to get my money back is for me to submitt a letter...in the later I have to say that I want my money back... from there a team will review it and decide if that are going to give it back...

LocalNetnever get localnet

I was a custumer with localnet but i never will be again.I revived a notification from localnet telling me that my account with them was closing because they no longer had accees to my bank account and that was find with me cause i was out of work at that time. Then i recived a latter two months later telling me that i own them this crazy amount they charge me 4 times in 2 months 4 a decline fee so i called to find out how to fix this an lower this fee because i feel that i should not of been charge if i had no accees to the internet. Let me say the man who took my call was a complete (JURK)he was mean an could careless about me or my business at one pont he had me crying an all upset he was telling me that in no way could he lower my payment an its not his problem thats life i asked him if i could talk to someone higher then him an he just keep telling me that he was the highest then he humg up on me. I will keep telling my family my friend never get localnet.

• Ti
                TioEd Jan 18, 2012

I had tried LocalNet awhile ago, and found it to be the slowest site I had ever used. When I first signed up, I was told that LocalNet was 10X faster then dial up, which I found to be a total lie. After one day only, I called to cancel, after being informed that I could cancel within 30 days. I was told I couldn't' cancel by phone, and was given a link to go to, which I did. It turns out that it was the wrong link to cancel, and was given another link. After being given the runaround, I cancelled my credit card, and applied for a new one. My credit card company credited me back $24.99 for the first month subscription. I did notify the Attorney General about the unscrupulous practices of this company, and mentioned that they should not be in business. If you see this name anywhere, run, don't walk away from this company. They are nothing but a bunch of thieves taking advantage of working people.

LocalNet.com — fraud

In Jan/Feb of this year (2011) I contacted LocalNet about the possibility of using them for my ISP. I wa...

LocalNetcancel service and still being charge total rip off

I was told that I could get the internet without having a home phone but turns out you have to have a home phone. I tried to cancel my service but they told me I had to do it by email, fax of send a letter by mail. I email to company and the company still was taking money out of my account each. I found out about this and call to see what the reason was for this and they tell me that I called customer service and left the email there to cancel my service but I was suppose to email the cancellation department but I wasn't told that at first. I have been getting ripped off for four months now ans I think something needs to be done about this Localnet company. I see that people are having the same complaint about this company so I know this is how they are treating their customers. Sad but true this is bad business for everybody.

jamal grove May 31, 2012

I cancel my service with Localnet a few months ago and I was bill just today. I would like to be refund and stop being bill for a service I don't have. Thanks.

jamal grove May 31, 2012

Business dealings not good!

LocalNet.comstole $167 for services that were not wanted or ever used

first of april i called to check on services for an internet provider and called local net i gave them my credit /debit card number so i could speak with someone about the details and the lady sais i had to give it to her in order to proceed so i did and when i moved on past her i talked to a man about services and he said they were not wireless providers so i told him i did not want services so he reconnected me to customer service and she refused to let me speak with a manager or give me corporate number all i want is my money back because i never set up an account or used it for that matter and to tell the public how wrong i was treated and it appears there are many of the same complaints

LocalNet — cancellation

Set up internet only to find out you had to have a home phone. While still on orginal call, sent back to...

LocalNetscam

this company needs to be put out of business, we used the service for a week and then we cancelled, then i noticed my credit card was still being charged, my husband made 3 calls to them over a period of 2 months telling them to cancel service, we did what they asked, sent them letter to cancel because they told us they could not cancel over the phone, kinda funny that they can start your service over the phone but can not cancel over the phone, they still refuse to cancel, so the only option i had to do was to cancel the credit card that they were charging month after month. So everyone needs to be aware that this is a scam to get more $$ for a service you are not using..

LocalNet.com — unfair charges

I cancelled my localnet service back in April of this year. I was not charged for May or June. I received my...

LocalNet — charging my canceled account

I canceled from LocalNet in December on their web site / my account. They keep charging me now for 4 month...

Corfu