Lincare / no respect

1 NC, United States Review updated:

Lincare is one of the most dirtiest companies that I have had the mispleasure of working for. First of all they invade your privacy, they will go in your desk and read your personal notes. They also make you work off the clock. You are suppose to take a lunch and if you don't get it, you still get punched out for it and you must continue working.
Also they try to get you do jobs that you are not licensed for but when confronted they deny it. Now it may seem like I am a disgruntled employee, but that is not it. I gave my heart an soul to this company for 4 years, doing the work off the clock, getting stuff for the company out of my own pocket with no reembursement. Then when they started nosing around in personal stuff that was the final straw. I made a formal complaint and the very next day I was forced to resign. Employee driven...yea right. They will stab you in the back in a heartbeat, so beware potential employees.

Un
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Mu
      5th of Oct, 2018

I work for lincare in murphysboro Illinois. This company is an absolute JOKE! We’ve ran for 5 months now while we’re short a nurse, driver, csr and a SR. We’re busting our asses in this place and we get absolutely nothing in return but more work! We have patients to set up o2 for but no concentrators, we are constantly running out of oxygen tanks, we don’t have most supplies our patients need... but worst of all our management is a complete failure and joke! Literally screams and yells at employees in an actual screaming match, sends derogatory text messages in group and personal messages. The company installed dash cams in the vans and apparently they’re secretly recording audio. I’m awaiting an appoint with an employment lawyer about this. This center is massively behind on set up orders and it’s all being hidden by the manager so the regional manager doesn’t find out. This company is an absolute joke and I cannot wait to get another office job in a company that actually cares.

• Cu
      8th of Sep, 2018

Just read some 2 dozen comments - not one positive! To echo the sentiment, i have been a patient of Lincare for some two years, having switched from a competitor after I moved to the area. I obtain CPAP equipment and supplies for my personal use. I have NEVER dealt with a company with such POOR customer service! Each month, I wait for supplies that are promised for delivery in "a week to 10 days". Yet in most instances it's taken a month or longer. I am currently waiting for a mask cushion and filters that were ordered on 8/20/18 - three weeks ago. I learned two days ago that the order had never been processed … it has now been "shipped" with an estimated delivery time of 7 more days! I find the "service" staff is quick to blame others, never accepts responsibility and takes NO interest in its patients. I spoke with an office "manager" several weeks ago who said "we're a large company and we can't be interested in the needs of individual patients." (He did promise to look into my problem and to get back to me - I never heard back from him in 4+ weeks.) He later denied have made the comments, calling me a liar. Great example for a "manager"!!! I've tried reaching someone of authority in the "home office" but there is no way to send any written communication and customer service web forms are limited to something to pass along "compliments". -- no way available to express dissatisfaction! Senior corporate management ought to pay attention before they are out of business!

From my experience, it appears problems reside in attitude of staff, lack of training and any quality assurance process to insure customer satisfaction!

• Ro
      18th of Jul, 2017

Call US Med Express. Not only do we treat our employees with the utmost respect, we treat our customers and patients like family. We will take great care of you. 866-544-8982

• Re
      2nd of Feb, 2016

I have been with Lincare for over 3 years and still have problems with their Customer Service. Usually they don't answer their phones and then if you leave a message nobody ever calls you back. This Company is in charge of the making sure people like myself who rely on supplemental oxygen are taken care of and not giving us attitude about it!

• Ke
      19th of Jul, 2015

they are busy hiring people like Brenda M. in Modesto, CA, who brag about their meth use and letting docs grab their breast!!!

• Ke
      19th of Jul, 2015

BobD46 you must be a corporate troll no one has anything to write about lincare. Why????? Because there is nothing positive to post. You are an ignorant piece of crap that doesn't know what he is talking about. You have to be a corporate troll or doing crystal meth with Brenda M. the rep from CA. you either need to pull your head out of your own ### or out of the ### of corporate lincare.

This company is begging for a lawsuit and hopefully [censored]es just like you who defend them and are too ignorant to learn anything better.

• Th
      24th of Jul, 2014

Flip side - I just heard a disturbing story of a center manager physically attacking/strangling a CSR. Not sure what the argument was about, and frankly don't care. Police were called, and I honestly don't know the final outcome, but WTF??? For those of you who think Lincare is SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO WORK, I defy you to justify this type of an action by a member of management. Even though I no longer work there, I was flabbergasted. This to me is an excellent example of the 'things' they have there posing as a member of management.

• Fo
      23rd of Jul, 2014

There is the right way to do things and there is the wrong way - Lincare, out of bottom line penny pinching, has decided to take the wrong way. I was sold a bill of goods about how Lincare is all about patient outcomes and supporting a high quality of life. This motto may work in the doctor's offices but in reality nothing could be further from the truth. What I'm saying may depend on your Center/Area Manager. Centers are kept at a bare minimum of staff to keep bonuses coming in for Center/Area managers. While theoretically this sounds like a good "high productivity" type of plan it ends up making the bottom line worse. Patients end up not getting assessed in time because the RT and office staff are overworked which cause held sales issues and acumulation of bad debt. If your Area manager decides there is too much bad debt they will bill the patient even though it was Lincare's fault that the government funding expired. This in turn causes angry patients to complain to doctors who in turn get angry and cease to refer to Lincare. What you end up with is a terrible held sales problem, no realistic was out of it on a permanent basis, less referrals (also because Sales reps need to pick up qualifying forms from doctors) and less revenue to support the staff you need to grow the business which is ALWAYS the main concern even if everything else is in the toilet. All this being said, Lincare has a wonderful goal of reducing patient readmissions and increasing quality of life. This goal is most likely what brings the energetic and caring employees it has. Where Lincare can make the most gains is to give the front line workers the tools and support they need to achieve those goals without having to work around the clock at 150% output 100% of the time.

• Bo
      28th of Jan, 2014

I know all these post was from a few years back but I have to say I don't know what location you all worked at but I've been with them going on 11 years and up until 6 months ago there was 7 drivers with the top guy was 15 years down to the last hired and at that time he had 6 years in.. our senior passed away last august 2013 @ 44 Y/O he had the 15 years in then they let one go that had 13 years in but it was his own doings not lincares... maybe its not the job but you? Are you going to get rich working for them? No but unless you are way up in any company your not, but I drive a 2014 Camaro yes I am married and she helped with that too, ... I got my tax paper and I made alittle over 39k which isn't bad for doing what I love...I have my complaints.. but in what job don't you have complaints? Someone said something about the on call, it does suck you don't get paid unless you go out but its part of the job.. as for the patients... I love working with them and if I or anyone in my family or friends ever need O2 I will makes sure it comes from Lincare and I hope you and yours gets Apria lol

• Fo
      6th of Nov, 2018

@BobD46 Well BOB this sounds like a perfectly corporate PR scripted pile of bulls..t just like all the scripted questions presented I their "fireside meet and greet meetings with the Linde higher ups. Either my suspicions are correct - or - you have found extreme favor with a very high up person in their heirarchy

• Ar
      7th of Dec, 2013

I'm noticing the same thing. Looks like they break good employees down to [censored]. Not smart. Don't they know that turnover = money? Seems like they don't train their staff very well either.

• Xl
      2nd of Oct, 2013
    Lincare - Different set of rules for everyone
    Kentucky

I worked for Linacre for 6 years...I never missed a day of work and I busted my [protected]@ for this company...I averaged about 55 to 60 hours a week due to lazy co workers and spent most of my weekends doing concentrator checks. I have seen 6 drivers..5 sales reps and about 10 clinicians go through that door. The manager I had for 5 years busted her ### just as much. I have no complaints against her...but then we get this ...kid and he couldn't manage a Wendy's...The last straw for me was when they went through my desk and personal stuff...so yeah..I got fired...however Premier, which is another company who is slamming Linacre where I live, and they want me there...I have talked to several of my former patients and they have already called that..."manager" and told them they are going to switch if I am hired...If I can help bring down Linacre...then so be it

• Si
      18th of Oct, 2017

@X Lincare Going through your personal stuff is a violation of privacy. Somebody needs to shut this company down for the communist abusive [censor] they are. Worst company I've EVER worked for.

• Th
      23rd of Aug, 2013

For all those that think Lincare is just the greatest, no it is not. I am also an ex employee (left of my own accord, so no, I was not under disciplinary action/fired, so I do not have that disgruntlement.). I worked in one of the Held Sales offices, where we work reports for multiple centers to help resolve issues that are preventing us from billing insurance. Multiple problems I encountered include: patients being deceased for multiple days, weeks, and yes even months, but the center manager does not want to go pick up the equipment b/c it 'counts against their numbers'. My god, the patient is 6 feet under...do you just WANT to go to jail for billing Medicare when the patient is D-E-A-D???????????? Last time I checked, that's not legal. And no, this is NOT just 1 or 2 centers here and there...it's EVERYWHERE. Secondly, paperwork such as Pt Agreement/consent forms, needed for permission to bill pt's insurance, is rarely, if ever obtained, and even if it IS obtained, it's consistently incorrect. A 5 y.o. could handle this, but the folks on the front end of things are apparently uninterested in seeing to it this is handled properly, in spite of this 1 being the easiest thing to obtain. I had a woman on my Held Sales report for nearly $1000.00 due to an incorrect form being obtained, and I had tried multiple times to mail it out to her, with no response. When I went to the Area Mgr to see if he could get a driver to go over there and get it, he asked me if I was on crack. At that point in time, I was so pissed off, I let everyone know that this was not my G.D. money, and no longer gave a damn if Lincare ever saw 1 red cent from this or any other situation. Oh, and this also occurred after one center consistently had no testing results for patients on O2 - and were consistently sending out O2 to patients...as for us, we had no valid records on hand showing why these multiple patients needed O2 - once again, a serious legal issue. One poster asked why we didn't make it known. I did on several occasions to the area manager, and the comment about smoking crack is all I got. So, what do you do with that? You choose to get out of the ### before these people go to prison and take you with them.

• Di
      7th of Jul, 2012

How much do the different Lin Care drivers make in Texas?

• Fr
      2nd of Sep, 2011

I work at a Lincare in Washington. Our manager feels that 3 service reps can handle over 800 patients. I work 14 to 16 hours a day. I enjoy what I do but it would be nice to have more support. Patients are the priority and without the proper manpower they suffer. Our shop has lost dozens of quality employees due to being overworked and injuries.

• Un
      31st of Jul, 2011

Sounds familiar. They want nothing but employees who are afraid to lose their jobs. I am filling an EEOC complaint and encouraging all others to do the same. This company needs to be shut down!! My RM never set one foot in my center until the day after I was fired. My AM always helped other centers, but not me. These people are horrible to work for and they pay their sales reps 11.00 an hour!!!

16th of Jul, 2011

I have to agree with a lot of the complaints here, I have been with lincare for almost 2 yrs. I do a Dbl LOX run plus tanks on my route servicing 180 pt's in a 2 week span. I don't complain and never had a complaint against me. I do the job because the office I am covering for cant keep and drivers.I work a ton of hrs and my checks average 126-132 hrs every 2 weeks. the money is good but I don't see my family as much. In my time I only missed 5 days (sick ) 4 were forced because I contracted pneumonia. I sold the UD and never looked for thanks. Now we are selling INR and this seems to be taking off, when I first heard about it the incentive was $100 for the office to divided up among eligible employees. then it went to $75, got 1 check, then it went to the PT had to be on service for 3 months to recieve your incentive, well that time has passed and no money, I asked and was told the Area Mgr is with holding the incentive and applying that to held sales.90% mind you was there before I started.The sales rep gets his commission regardless, but the drivers dont. Like I said i dont ### but I will not ask who is a candidate for INR any more. there is no one more committed to Lincare than me! but why should I sell the product if I dont get paid. My area Mgr is a relentless ### who is numbers driven. They know I have been covering 2 centers and not once does he say thank you, or great job for helping out. Instead he reminds me with a dirty look I am #1 in the state & #9 in the region in OT and I need to go faster. seriously?? when I started there was on average 6 complaint calls a day, ppl were considering changing companies, now? the calls stopped, everyone is extremely happy, I do 13-18 stops a day, 8-10 are LOX and if I am running on low pressure( 25-35 psi) it makes along day longer. I do my job well, I consider my self a model employee, and throw in my conc cks, M&S cks are 95% each month. the average life of the other 2 drivers in the center I cover is 3 months, its been a yr since anyone had a hazmat. so some of these complaints are spot on. some of you are lucky to work in good centers, the perspective of Lincare is they ### on the drivers who make the PT's happy, who in turn tell the Dr's who lincare depends on for refferals, they low ball us in salary, and work us til we cant do it, The average salary for an area Mgr is $120k, regional Mgr is $450k. If lincare wants to make more money why not scale back there outrageous salaries they pay the upper echelon Mgrs and offer more to the drivers who keep Lincare running

• Un
      1st of Jun, 2011

Can anyone who works for Lincare tell me who the health insurance is through? I am having issues with the insurance coverage in Colorado Springs...help please.

• Lo
      28th of Feb, 2011

I hate to break it to you but there are SSR's that have given there heart and souls to this company for over 10 years and still not making $15.00 an hr. This company gives you a title to try and make you feel important and you go to all of these regional meetings to have them tell you that your the best but it is never reflected in a bonus or paycheck. When you ask about money they try and make you feel like an a-hole because you should be focused on the patients, not your wages. It's funny though how they don't care about the patients until they show up on their compliance report that keeps them from being able to charge for portability or M&S. What happens is that they find employees with big hearts that get attached to their patients so they just put up with the crap! The service department is the heart and soul of this company but yet is grossly underpaid. It's no wounder the life expectancy of a Lincare employee is 2 years! By the way, when is the last time any of you received a bonus of a notable amount? They have you out there trying to sell neb & ud and delivering oximeters like mad to get people qualified but yet no bonus.

19th of Feb, 2011

FYI schmapa guy/gal. Disgrunted...maby... but my patients love me and i respect everyone that i deal with and ya i maby a ray of sunshine for most patients...

19th of Feb, 2011

I work with a minnesota Lincare
    Yes they tell you $25.00 for your personal phone... but really... I have done this twice. the "lincare" way is to bring your phone bill in, all pages, and go through every call made (if your like me, its hundreds and hundreds a month) and you have to highlight the calls made for work. it would literally take you an 8 hour day to go on the lincare computer and match numbers to patients called. I use my phone 10-15 times a day for work... so my boss tells me just start highlighting a bunch of numbers, just what ever numbers you want. so i did that and i got my reimbursment... $2.62... ha! i laughed and the next bill i did it again this time i marked about all calls. $5.10... its ridiculous!!! and all my phone bills are online so that means i have to print out like 30 pages on my home computer and waist all my ink thats about $30.00 a cartridge. when i first started at lincare my phone bill was 49.00/month but my 1st month at lincare i had a 300.00 bill so i had to up my plan from 49.00/m to 89.00/m... so ya the supposedly 25.00 we should deffinately get with no questions asked means nothing to me!!! shame on you lincare!!
    On-Call: ha, i work on call 1-3 times per week and once every 4 wknds. and do not get a dime for the nights and wknds i work, unless i have to go somewhere. so that meens i have to stay home cant drink cant leave town cant get a part-time job, im grounded to lincare and what ever they say, i do. with no pay!!! shame on you Lincare!!!
    The beginning: i had 3 jobs i was weighing out when Lincare came about. and i was sold on what Lincare had to offer. My now boss told me quote "we get quarterly bonuses that range from 200.00-800.00 never less than 200.00" he said that to me.. im going on 4 years with Lincare and i have only gotten 2 bonuses in 4 years for a total of 250.00... (I have been with this lincare through the biggest quarters on record)my boss also told me quote "great great bennefits, they compare to UPS's" insurance he told me, since i have been with lincare the insurance has changed 3 times, getting worse every time... and i pay out of my [censor] to get it... Next is raises, wow. i was told i would get a 6 month review raise and a year raise and than a raise every year after... in 3.5 years i have gotten 2 raises, a total of about .70 cents...(you have got to be kidding me!!! i work damn hard and am a reliable worker for them)... no respect... slap in the face... yea yea its a tough economy, but seriously its us that get you your million dollar bonus checks you ceos and big wigs. shame on you lincare!!! if i would have known how disrespectfull, dishonorable Lincare was, my options i had in the begining would have been alot different... shame on you Lincare...
    Now i like my job at Lincare, what i do and its purpose... its wonderful. but the manager i have is worried more about moving up the lincare chain than what his task is...thats controlling your group that was given to you... and showing a little respect and listen to what is told to you... like firing a guy that is a disease to your two faithfull employees...lol...
    If i was promised all that was told to me, lincare wouldnt be that bad... you need to fix on-call and pay the ones that make your pockets heavier and stop being so selfish... i dont know i could go on and on and on... i just wanted to say a little somthing and alot more came out... sorry and thank you... feels good to vent!