Menu
Freedom Care Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Freedom Care
reviews and complaints

freedomcare.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.9 38 Reviews

How responsive is Freedom Care's customer service?

6 Resolved
0 Unresolved
Wow! Absolutely amazing! 🤩
Freedom Care got a perfect 100 out of 100 rating, so you can count on their great service for sure. They've effectively resolved all customer complaints on ComplaintsBoard.com and keep in touch with customers, making sure everything goes well. We're impressed by their dedication to customer satisfaction and have nothing else to say 👏
Claimed
Freedom Care has claimed their business profile
Write a review File a complaint

Freedom Care care recipients and caregivers reviews and complaints 7

Newest Freedom Care reviews and complaints

B
9:37 am EST
Freedom Care has left an official reply on this complaint.

Freedom Care Complaining about freedom care not paying it's workers on time

I specifically told my care team Wendy that my worker would not show up for work if she didn't get paid they brushed it off as a patient complaining in vain well I haven't had an attendant be sure she lives forty minutes from me so one check being late will cost me several weeks of services because I wasn't taken serious now my health is being compromised be ause u guys didn't do ur payroll properly

Claimed loss: Weeks of services no food cooked no baths no stretches no help period and I. Pissed

Desired outcome: Pay her today so she can work the rest of the week

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Freedom Care representatives only. If you are affiliated with Freedom Care, please claim your business to access these details.

J
11:30 am EDT

Freedom Care Caregiver compliant of not being paid properly

On numerous occasions my caregivers have complained about not being paid for the hours that they worked. We have called several times to fix the issue but it gets no where. You guys tell us to correct the time that was messed up on the app and we do that and you guys continue to mess up their hours. You guys say that you pay overtime and apparently you don't, because 2 of my caregivers works over 40 hours a week and they don't see it. You guys are the only company that tells us that my caregivers can work up to 10 hours a day this isn't New York State law the law says that the Caregiver can work up to 16 hours a day. This is the 4th week in a row where I had to sit on the phone with you guys along with my caregivers because you guys are constantly messing up their paychecks. It's not fair to me or them.

Desired outcome: Stop playing with caregivers paychecks. Come up with a better system across the board with everything

K
4:46 pm EDT

Freedom Care Hours/payroll issues

My caregiver has contacted his contact support person through Freedom care to let him know that there are no hours showing on the app when he clocks in and clocks out. He was told that this would be manually adjusted and he would receive a phone call back regarding the situation. He has not received a call and there's still no hours listed on the app they're originally was 51 hours and now there's zero I need to know that my caregiver will be getting paid for the week that he has worked please address this immediately

Is Freedom Care legit?

Our verdict: Freedom Care has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Freedom Care's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Freedom Care can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Freedom Care earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Freedom Care achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Freedom Care. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and email, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Freedom Care resolved 100% of 6 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

Freedom Care has registered the domain name for freedomcare.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Freedomcare.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Freedomcare.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Freedomcare.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Freedom Care, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Freedom Care website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

Freedomcare.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Freedom Care.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Freedom Care protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  1. Pros
    2. No 24/7 customer support
    3. Potential wait times for caregiver match
12:38 am EDT
Freedom Care has left an official reply on this complaint.

Freedom Care Payments are being received by a patient using my information

I started working for my Uncle Johnathan Carroll through Freedom Care around the middle of April 2023. I was supposed to be receiving the money for my work on a card that was sent to me. I only received money till June 23 2023. On that day I was kicked out of their house at 800 Lanton rd #40. Christi my Uncles spouse came to me on June 23 and asked for my picture and I told her since I didn't have a ride back and forth to West Plains from Drury everyday I wasn't going to be able to work for my Uncle anymore. She then proceeded to tell me that she was taking me off of his case and he was no longer my patient all she needed was my picture. Christi took my picture and I left. I found out around June 11th 2023 that they were still clocking me in and out so I called Freedom Care and thought it was taken care of, but it's August 12th 2023 and I found out they're still clocking me in and out I can't remember my case managers number but I didn't think I would need it anymore. You can reach me Cheyenne Hall at [protected]

Desired outcome: Be taken off his case

11:14 pm EDT

Freedom Care I’m complaining the coordinator

My complaint is with the coordinator we have. Jeri is the first name. She will not take mine, nor the patients calls or texts after Thursday. Now, she wasn’t our first coordinator, after 8 months and Jennifer being our coordinator Jennifer I’m guessing had to leave, and she introduced to our new coordinator Jeri. Everything has gone well until the day she said she was going to review everything with us and stop in. She went to the wrong address that morning. We were waiting for her to show up anytime at my address, which is on file and every time I clock in. After an hour had went past our appt time, we tried calling and texting her, with no answer whatsoever until the next morning when she sent a text to me showing her being angry with us. She didn’t call or text anytime that morning of. She then takes me off my schedule to where I can’t clock in and this is all without calling the patient and me. Now she is just ignoring and/or has blocked us to where our calls nor text go through at all. I went to log in the next day and it just says I’m not scheduled and it doesn’t have the patience name anymore on their either. She had done this and again with no phone call to neither of us. No contact at all! How is that fair to the patient or for me. That’s not professional nor is it how someone who works for a company like this should act! I would like an explanation on all of this for myself and especially the patient I have been caring for for over a year now.

Desired outcome: I would like for a phone call from her and from her higher up about why she would act in this manner. I feel like we deserve an explanation

2:15 pm EDT

Freedom Care Incompetent care coordinator

Heather has constantly verbally abused me & called me a liar with absolutely NO APOLOGY.

When I asked to speak to her supervisor, NUMEROUS times she would stop answering my calls or messages to avoid giving me their number.

Once I FINALLY got the supervisors number, Amberacted like my complaints were funny and didn't take seriously at all.

They stopped my payments & continued to make threats about removing me as a caregiver if I filed any complaints.

Desired outcome: Heather to be fired!!!!

K
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
Freedom Care replied to this review.

Freedom Care This is a terrible business in the first place it took them a year to get us signed up literally and the whole way of long we've run into

This is a terrible business in the first place it took them a year to get us signed up literally and the whole way of long we've run into nothing but rude untrained people they're really just a middleman that are unnecessary they didn't even do anything I'm the one who did all my own work to get my case started since I've been there I've been passed along to Rude coordinator after route coordinator after I asked to be transferred from one coordinator I get transferred to another it just seems like these people don't care I'm hoping they'll close the service down soon cuz whoever owns this business seems to just hire the same type of person and this is not conducive to helping to take care of little people

Freedom Care In-depth Review

In summary, Freedom Care is a company that provides a valuable service for those in need of home care, especially for individuals who prefer to have a family member as their caregiver. The company's focus on personalization, quality care, and customer support is commendable. However, there are areas where information is not as clear, such as cost details and emergency responses. Below is a detailed review based on the available information.

1. Overview of Freedom Care

Freedom Care is a health service in New York that give help to people who need care in their homes. They have a special program where family member can be caregiver and get paid for it, except spouses, parents of a child, or designated representative.

2. Services Offered

They offer home care services that include help with daily activities like bathing, dressing, cooking, and cleaning. This is good for people who cannot do these things alone because of health problems.

3. Eligibility and Enrollment Process

To join Freedom Care, you must have Medicaid and live in New York. The process to enroll is not very clear on website, but they say you can call them to help you start.

4. Quality of Caregivers and Staff

The caregivers are usually family members, so the quality of care is often very personal and close. Freedom Care also says they check the caregivers to make sure they are good for this job.

5. Personalization and Care Plans

They make a care plan that is special for each person's needs. This is good because not everyone needs the same kind of help.

6. Customer Service and Support

Freedom Care has a team to help customers with questions or problems. They are available on the phone during business hours.

7. Cost and Insurance Compatibility

The service is for people with Medicaid, so it should not cost extra money. But they do not give much information about costs or other insurance on the website.

8. User Experience and Interface (Website/App)

The website is easy to use and has clear information about services. But they do not mention if they have an app for more convenience.

9. Client and Caregiver Matching Process

Because caregivers are usually family, the matching process is different. The client already knows who will take care of them, which can make things easier and more comfortable.

10. Compliance with Health and Safety Regulations

Freedom Care follows New York state laws for health and safety. They make sure caregivers know these rules too.

11. Training and Certification of Caregivers

Caregivers get training to help them do their job well. This training is important to make sure they give good care.

12. Continuity and Reliability of Care

Since caregivers are family, the care is usually continuous and reliable. This is good for the person who needs help because they see the same person every day.

13. Client Satisfaction and Testimonials

Many clients are happy with Freedom Care. They say having a family member as a caregiver is very good for them.

14. Accessibility and Availability of Services

Services are available to people with Medicaid in New York. But it is not clear if they help people in all parts of New York or just some areas.

15. Company Transparency and Communication

Freedom Care gives some information, but they could be more open about costs and how to handle emergencies. They do communicate well about their services and how to start them.

16. Additional Resources and Support Services

They offer extra help like a blog with information about caregiving and health. This is useful for clients and caregivers.

17. Response to Emergencies and Urgent Situations

The website does not give much detail about how they handle emergencies. This is important information that should be clear to clients.

18. Community Involvement and Social Responsibility

Freedom Care does not say much about their work in the community or social responsibility on their website.

19. Pros and Cons

1. Pros: Family members can be caregivers, personalized care plans, training for caregivers.
  2. Cons: Limited information on costs, emergency procedures, and community involvement.

20. Final Verdict and Recommendations

If you have Medicaid and live in New York, Freedom Care can be a good choice, especially if you want a family member to care for you. But you should ask them more questions about costs and what happens in an emergency before you decide.

How to file a complaint about Freedom Care?

Here is a guide on how to file a complaint against Freedom Care on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- If you already have an account on ComplaintsBoard.com, log in using your credentials. If you don't have an account, you can create one on the website.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- In the 'Complaint Title' section, summarize the main issue you have experienced with Freedom Care.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Freedom Care. Mention key areas such as transactions, the nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve it, the company's response, and the personal impact of the issue.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data in these documents.

6. Filling optional fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses incurred and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it to ensure all necessary details are included.

8. Submission process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- After submitting your complaint, regularly check for any responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Make sure to follow these steps carefully to effectively file a complaint against Freedom Care on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Freedom Care customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (718) 989-4043 +1 (718) 260-6250 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Freedom Care?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Freedom Care Customer Service. Initial Freedom Care complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Freedom Care above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Freedom Care. Discuss the issues you have had with Freedom Care and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.