Lg Microwave Oven / poor service

1 India Review updated:

I have an LG microwave oven. About one month back it started showing errors in its display system. On lodging a complaint, it was attended to thrice by technicians from LG Electronics. First, the circuit board was replaced, then the heating device was replaced. Even then, the oven failed to work properly. The technician then said that the transformer needed to be replaced. The next day another technician checked the oven and said that the transformer was OK but something was wrong with the switches. After that nobody has come to attend to the oven, despite giving repeated reminders.
IS THIS THE KIND OF SERVICE EXPECTED FROM SUCH A REPUTED COMPANY? THEY CAN'T HIRE COMPETENT TECHNICIANS?

Comments

• Lb
      29th of Jul, 2014

I find this to be par for the course for LG. I just bought a new microwave oven that does not work It hasn't worked since the day it was delivered. LG would rather send technicians to my house rather than replace the unit (only $188). I find the policy for repair/replacement to be very foolish because rather than take the $188 loss for replacing my defective unit, they are sending appliance repair technicians and leaving me without a microwave for over a month and the problem still has not been resolved. $188. That is what they must be seeing as the bottom line- not the cost of every appliance that I will buy for the rest of my life. Bad business.