LG LCD TV / false advertising and horrendous service

South Africa
I went to Game at Westgate mall in Gauteng on 16 December 2008. I intended buying a few major applicance from there and I first went to purchase a television set. There was an LCD full HD tv advertised for R 12 999.00. About three tvs down the line an advertising borad with the same specs advertised the tv for R9 999.00. I asked te salesman helping me which tv was that as that was the one I wanted. He looked at the board advertising the price and quickly removed the board. H ethen told me it was an advertising error, that was not the LCD but the plasma tv. I informed him that I was entailed to the price advertised and that was what I wanted, he agreed by law that was what I was entitled to but went to call the manager. He then came back and told me that due to the errror the manager was willing to give me the set at R 11 500.00, told him I wanted the advertised price and could he please call the manager. A merchadise manager by the name of IaN sLATER then came through. He looked at me in a dismissive manner, went to the salemen, took the board adertising the tv for R 9 999.00 from him, came over to me, in an abrupt manner said his name was Ian Slaater, inocrrectly misrepresented himself as the store manager, just told me that the price was human error and he was retracting it and walked away. I asked the salesperson waht happended to the price offer of R 11 500. He went back to phone mr slater and I was told it was no longer on offer.

On wednesday, I phoned a lady by hte name of Rina to complain I requested an oppology from Mr slater for his manneer as I belived his treatment towards me was because I was a black customer, she said she would investigate the matter and getback to me, A few hours later Mr ian Slater called, he said regarding the tv, he could now give it to me at R11 970, ( the third price on same tv set). I then asked him if that was the only reason he was calling he said yes, I asked him if he did not think he needed to oppologise, he said if I thought he had to oppologise he would and that he treats everyone that way. I requested a call from the store manager which he said he wouald ask him to call, the matter seemed to die a natural death with Game there.

LG Electronics Logo LG Electronics