Menu
Crutchfield Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Crutchfield
reviews & complaints

www.crutchfield.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.0 8 Reviews

Crutchfield Complaints Summary

2 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Crutchfield with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Crutchfield has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Crutchfield. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Crutchfield reviews & complaints 8

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Crutchfield reviews & complaints

K
3:18 am EDT

Crutchfield Absolutely appalling customer service!!!

Once they got your money they don't want to know you anymore. That's how they are.
I wish I had read all of those reviews before buying from them.
Their customer service department is a branch of the hell. I was unlucky enough to encounter all of their treatment in full.
What I wanted is to find out how I can replace the item I got. It was already defective. I don't know, maybe they broke it at the warehouse or when it was on its way. Whatever it was, this problem had to be solved. And it was the hardest thing. Reaching their support is something impossible, they are always busy, not talkative, not helpful and even rude sometimes. All of this didn't meet my expectations probably because I was too naive.
So long story short: it's been 2 months since I called them for the first time. Nothing has changed. And it will probably never change.

Read full review of Crutchfield and 1 comment
1 comment
Fusion fan
Myersville, US
Nov 03, 2020 1:00 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I honestly have a difficult time believing these negative reviews. From my perspective, they are a great company from top to bottom in every respect. Just my 2 cents.. (no i don't work for them)

3:31 am EDT

Crutchfield headache

Thank god they provide the warranty. But when you have a problem be prepared they will blame you and you will have to prove that their low-quality item is not your fault. Saying this because I had to go through this process of exchanging and not happy with this.
I don't think it's an appropriate attitude toward customers who buy your expensive products. Maybe you should be more polite, no?

W
5:34 pm EDT

Crutchfield bait and switch

I attempted to purchase a Pioneer AVIC-5200NEX by phone. The discussed price was $599.99 with a $100.00 rebate to show up some time in the future. It was made perfectly clear the installation was going to be in a 2010 Prius II with JBL audio. Steering wheel controls, backup camera, GPS, Bluetooth, USB connection. The works. I also indicated the need for professional installation. I was informed that would not be a problem if I pre-purchased a $199.00 InstallNet installation card. Assured that I contact the installer, set a date and time and everything would be prepaid. I also inquired where these installers were located to insure local availability.

Now the fun begins. Initially my credit card company flagged the transaction as suspicious, blocking the transaction. I left the salesman at Crutchfield to contact my credit card company. Expecting to need to recontact Crutchfield to complete the transaction. Much to my surprise. Once the hold was removed on my card. Crutchfield continued to process the sale, without my further go ahead. I did received a call from the sales person at Crutchfield to inform me the transaction had processed. It was not five minutes later another person from Crutchfield contacted me. This guy immediately breaks into a monologue expecting me to accept additional installation charges implying the install card I had purchased was merely an estimate and most assuredly my installation costs would be more than $199. What in the world is going on with these individuals? What are they involved in? What ever the answer is, it can't be good. You be the judge. In any case I cancelled the order and no better to do further business with people that do not stand by their word. I fully expect the need to go through a full dispute process to get this rectified.

Is Crutchfield legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Crutchfield as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 25% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Crutchfield stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Crutchfield should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Crutchfield earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Crutchfield achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Crutchfield. The company provides a physical address, 6 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Crutchfield.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Crutchfield website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Crutchfield.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Crutchfield as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Several positive reviews for Crutchfield have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Crutchfield and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Crutchfield.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Crutchfield's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 25% of 0 complaints were resolved.
  • Crutchfield protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
K
1:48 am EST

Crutchfield Drone

I have ordered a drone from www.crutchfield.com and when it arrived it was damaged. I contacted Crutchfield customer service and said I wanted to return it for a refund. Their customer service rep said they did not accept any returns on drones no matter what the reason was. I lost my money because of their ridiculous rep who did not provide me any hep! I regret I did not read the reviews and I will definitely not buy from them again.

R
12:20 am EDT

Crutchfield I would never purchased anything from crutchfield again!

I have purchased a drone from www.crutchfield.com and the one arrived was defective and did not work at all. So I contacted them and asked for a replacement. The rep I spoke with was very kind and helpful. They immediately inspected my case and sent me another drone. It arrived and was working fine but only for about a month. Contacted them again and asked for a refund, but they refused and said that 60 days already expired. No! I had 30 more days left and I tried to tell them that but they refused to even listen. Scam!

S
12:38 pm EST

Crutchfield Defective Sony Camera

Never, ever buy a product from Crutchfield. I ordered a Sony camera for my husband for his birthday and when he used it, the picture had multiple lines through the camera. Crutchfield's response was that it it was now Sony's problem. Sony, in Texas, has been contacted multiple times, and they are hopeless. We sent the $400 camera back only to have it returned to us in the same condition. We have been on the phone with "support" and they will review the camera again...what a run-around without any relief. Sony has a 4 month warranty that they seem to say will run out...So my story is first, never order from Crutchfield, their policy is anti-consumer. Second, order from an on-line company whose policy is generous on returns or order from a store in person. This is so unfortunate and I aim to spread the word all over the internet.

Read full review of Crutchfield and 2 comments

2 comments
allsitecorp
San Jose, US
Jun 11, 2015 9:33 pm EDT

Crutchfield lied to me also, they advertised a 60 day return for any reason and then would not honor it when i wanted to return the product. they had hidden rules somewhere on there site, i still have not found them but the customer service is non existant!

M
M
magicdog1111
Boston, US
Oct 19, 2011 8:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They used to be so good. Now their customer service stinks and the products they sell are on the junky side. As for product support, they have an attitude and they are not informed or up to date with the products. Shop around and you can usually find the same items for 1/2 the price.

10:50 pm EST

Crutchfield Switch and Bait

On Sunday 11-16-2008 Crutchfield showed a price of 1369.99 for a Samsung Hl61A750. I put it in my cart. On Monday I called to ask some questions and wanted to order the television. I was told the price was incorrect and was suppose to be 1599.99.-same story from the supervisor. Sure enough when I tried to go to my cart and check out, the price changed to 1599.99. The following day I checked the cart and the price had changed to 1799.99. Talk about your bait and switch! Their attitude on the phone convinced me that this was intentional. It seems Crutchfield has gone to deceptive business practices to bolster their sales in a sour economic time. Bottom line-beware of their posted prices!

Read full review of Crutchfield and 1 comment
1 comment
J
J
john macg
, US
Aug 27, 2015 2:55 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Crutchfield sold me a tube amp. Then a connector fell off and I called CS. I was told that they didn't sell that amp
anymore. Not only that, they told me the manufacturer was in the U.K. and I would have to pay the round trip
shipping. I appealed to the owner, Mr. Bill, and my case was handled by an underling at the company. The
person basically told me to "get lost". $ 500.00 down the drain.
Keep away from these crooks. Their good will advertising is a joke.

V
4:27 pm EDT

Crutchfield Scam and cheating

Attorney Mark E. Crutchfield of New York City signed separate contracts with my partner and I took our money and was never heard from again! Then learned he has done this to many many people and multiple complaints have been filed about him.

Hopefully he will soon be disbarred and won;t be able to scam anyone else. he advertises on Craig's list and other places and has "offices" in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Claims to do a lot of work for wronged NYC tenants.

Stay away! If you are a victim too complain to the Grievance Committee as we did already.

Read full review of Crutchfield and 3 comments

3 comments
B
B
Bill9911
, US
Dec 23, 2017 8:13 pm EST

Mr Crutchfield did some legal work for me over a decade ago. There were no issues or problems. It was a simple bankruptcy. I tried calling him and see his numbers are disconnected and now I am reading all these horrible stories on Google. Its so sad to see all this. I cant imagine why a Harvard educated lawyer would do this and throw it all away. I cant see him as a scammer. For the few thousands of dollars he may have made with these scam allegations, why would he throw away a legal career worth millions? There MUST be something more to the story. My gut tells me a serious medical condition. ITs just shocking to read these things. I hope all is well with him

AConsumer
New York, US
May 14, 2010 6:50 pm EDT

So Mr. K and others?

Whatever came of this fellow? Did you at least get a judgment or your money from him?

akopinski
New York, US
Jun 10, 2009 4:31 pm EDT

I agree with everything you say in your complain and there is more about this con artist. Here is a brief summary of what Mark Crutchfield did to me.

I subleased him my apt in Jan 2009 until May 20th, 2009 and since Feb until now has not paid any rent. I filed an eviction suit and soon he will be gone. He acted fraudulently when his signed the lease ( that he prepared himself) with the intention of not paying me and trying to stay in my apt as long as the antiquated housing law allows, effectively becoming a squatter in my apt. I have a 4 yr old child with whom i have no place to live now. Mark knows that and does not want to leave my apt until I force him out by court. He owes me a lot of money and I'm will try to disappear soon. He is a Harvard educated lawyer, currently suspended and soon to be disbarred.

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR HIM PLESE LET ME KNOW. MY TEL NR IS [protected].

TOGETHER WE CAN HUNT HIM DOWN AND BRING HIM TO JUSTICE.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Crutchfield contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Crutchfield?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Crutchfield Customer Service. Initial Crutchfield complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Crutchfield above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Crutchfield. Discuss the issues you have had with Crutchfield and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.