LG Electronics / washing machine repair

1 Durham, NC, United States

My 2015 washing machine began leaking from under the machine after 2.5 years of use. I called LG to schedule a repair man. The first response was to "run the cleaning cycle 3 times" knowing it was leaking badly. Skeptical I completed instruction and called back to schedule repair technician. Only to discover they did not have any technicians in my area. They recommended two contractors. Called the first and first available was two weeks, second could come in two days. Scheduled "diagnostic visit" and gave the contractor model number of my machine.

Day of repair call, removed other appliances in laundry room to provide access, he arrived and immediately said I can't work on this machine a lg tech has to because the motor and drum are still under warranty. He called LG and asked what to do, they were confused as to why he could not work on it and asked me to call them. They told me I owed the diagnostic fee $100 to the repair man since he " knocked on my door" and promised a repair person within three days.

Received a call from a LG to schedule a repair, 5 days later, and that I would be charged an additional diagnostic fee of $125. I told him to schedule the repair but I would not pay a second diagnostic fee. He said he could not schedule the tech unless I was willing to pay the second higher fee, but he would escalate it to a supervisor, who would call me back. It's now been 4 days no call back, three attempts co speak again with LG supervisor, been on hold waiting for at least 1.5 hours in total. Still no resolution or scheduled tech.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced. I will NEVER buy an LG product again.

Ab