LG / Air Conditioner / unwarranted noise in air conditioner, zero cooling

India Review updated:
I have purchased a LG AC last year. On day of installation it encountered a noise but till date no one has come to attend the complaint. It has also has a zero cooling. Stay away from LG!

N  15th of Apr, 2008 by
Customer Care, LG
Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Subj: Replacement of noisy fan of LG 1 ton window a/c within 20 months of purchase.

I purchased two 1 ton window machines – one in mid 2006 and the other in mid 2007. The older machine (2006) was working very quietly till the third service was done last week and suddenly after a few days it started making noise. Against my complaint, a mechanic came, inspected and reported that the fan motor will have to be changed – the bush need replacement – being a sealed unit, the motor will have to be changed. Yesterday, I was informed that it might cost about Rs. 1400/- for replacement.

Sir, my question is, what is the trouble free life of a LG air conditioner? I have two other air conditioners running without any parts replacement for over 8 years. Burning out of compressor due to low or high voltage supply is understood, but fan motor bush bearing noise (after servicing) is something I have never heard of. It was absolutely noise free till the 3rd servicing was done, when the machine was taken out from the window, washed and re fitted for which I had to pay Rs. 250.00 – the machine being out of warranty by 6- 8 months or so.

Kindly keep the Production and Q.C department informed about the quality of your airconditioners these days, so that they can take steps to improve upon the company’s product quality and service.

I am also sending copies of this letter to appropriate places through e-mail

With kind regards,

Asish Sen,
AL-206, Sector 2,
Salt Lake, kolkata 700091
e-mail: asish_cal@yahoo.com
9903413693 ( mob)
A  16th of May, 2008 by
The same problem has come in my LG 1.0 Ton Window unit (Intelicool) after using it for just a year. The bush bearing of the fan motor has gone off causing noise.(The coils have been cleaned periodically in between).

-Subhasish Majumder
Flat -B/602, Durga Apartments, Sector-10,
Sanpada, Navi -Mumbai-400705
E.mail - b112520@yahoo.com
D  26th of May, 2008 by
vikram enterprise
50nagdevi street
masjid bunder
i have purchased a ac of lg 2003 and the after sales service is very bad in lg.there has been only 1 service after that.
we had called many a personnels for this purpose but it was fruitless.
we have given amc contract for the a/c as soon as the warranty was over to sai service.
The company is surely loosing customer base as for the mouth to mouth marketing,
very non responsive service
the person we had called
mr.vaibhav=9820141471(50 times)
mr.chandu=9322499995(100 times)
mr.pankaj khandewal=9820720062(3 times)
saienter prises mr.matthew=9322658378(40 times)

mr mahesh padala technician of sai entreprises challenged us we will not collect a check from you of yearly contract so if company is not interested plase buy back the a/c we will rather buy another brand
if you not not give response we might take legal action
and go to consumer court.
N  22nd of Apr, 2010 by
i purchased lg window ac intelocool on 16th apr 2007 since installation the unit is very noisy while working there is a humming sound when compressor starts and it lasts while on working .so many engg.visited but my problem of humming sound is not solved .it feels as if i am using air cooler not an ac .so much sound that it's very disturbing while sleeping in night.my compressor is in warranty period of 4 yrs my question is whether my compressor will b changed .any suggestion will b highly appreciated.
A  18th of May, 2010 by
Hi All

Can any one tell me how to escalate this issue to the highest level. I purchased a 1.5 tonn Split LG AC and from the third day itself it is not cooling the room.

And no service man comes to attend these complaints. I just want to write all f**** words for these. But for the sake of maintaining the decorum, am not doing it.

LG Electronics Logo LG Electronics