LensCrafters / tint peeling / distorted

1 ontario mansfield ohio, OH, United States Review updated:

Purchased my daughters frames/lenses as we have always done with lenscrafters since she began wearing glasses at 5 yrs old. Now she is 13. Anyway, she needs the react/transitional lenses for her sensitive eyes to sunlight. They started to become distorted and lenscrafters did good first time, said there was a defect in the lenses, replaced the lenses. Now again, it is happening. They tell me the tint is peeling away, and nothing can be done. They want me to pay for a whole new exam, and lenses. No way! I have discussed this with our local optomitrist and they say this is very rare, and cannot figure out why it is happening at all, let alone twice. From now on, we will be going through the lab from our optomitrist, as lens crafters lab/people are not doing something right. Guess the 10 day wait now will be worth it, as lenscrafters wont work with people, and become totally rude when you try to bring something to their attention!!

Comments

• Ha
      20th of Aug, 2009

She's getting hairspray, or glass cleaner, or another chemical on the lens. The lenses are not made in Lenscrafters labs, either. I can't comment on the attitudes of the sales people, but I will say, pay a little extra for the Transitions brand instead of the Reactint.

5th of Mar, 2010

Hammed3 is correct, it sounds like you purchased Reactint lenses and they have been notorious for delaminating (top layer detracting from the surface of the lens). Lenscrafters has acknowledged this problem and will replace the lenses free of charge. This is nothing that Lenscrafters is doing, but the manufacturer of the Reactint lens. Perhaps you should talk to a manager, as the associate you spoke to may not have known about this epidemic. They will replace them with newer reactint lenses without the defect.