Having problems with Bard Optical?

Bard Optical Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bard Optical Customer Service. Initial Bard Optical complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bard Optical above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bard Optical. Discuss the issues you have had with Bard Optical and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Bard OpticalEyeglasses choice limited

To whom it may concern:

I had a choice between two pair of eye glasses only! I found that strange since 2 years ago I was offered a wide selection of eye glasses. Is this the new practice?

Disappointed, not a good experience!

Sincerely yours,

1351 Hickory Point Dr.
Forsyth Il, 62535

Bard Opticalcustomer service

03/03/20
    received a call from them 09:39 about an appointment that is on the 9th. In february i spoke with someone & gave them my insurance information. They said that they see it & everything is ok when i asked about what my insurance covers i was told to contact my insurance. Then today i get a phone call about they ran my insurance that said i am no longer covered with eyemed. I told the lady that i gave them my new insurance last month & that they ran the old & they need to run the new one & update notes when patients call in to give them information. Then she asked me what did i want her to do... I was at work so i hung up the phone cause she was not listening.

Apr 05, 2019

Bard Optical — prescription glasses

Dismissive, rude, inpatient receptionist who told us to sit and wait for the Dr without looking at us until...

Bard OpticalDefective glasses

Bard Optical made glasses for me that were so defective as a result of poor workmanship, that they caused me two years of double vision and migraine headaches. I had numerous tests including an MRI of my brain to make sure that there was not a tumor that was causing my double vision and headaches.

Finally my ophthalmologist tested my glasses and found that the cause of these significant problems was the glasses. These glasses, which were made by Bard Optical's own lab, had more than 4 times the recommended amount of base down prism in my left eye and more than 5 times the recommended amount of base down prism (set by the American Standards Institute ANSI) in my left eye. This created a vertical imbalance that my brain and the muscles of my eyes could not overcome and the result was double vision and migraine headaches. The standards set by the ANSI have been established for our protection and should be followed by all optical providers.

When I contacted Diana J, Hall, owner of Bard Optical, she responded with a letter in which she stated that the prism was normal in lenses of this nature and that Bard Optical's services met the applicable standard of care. In my opinion, their standard of care is not what it should be and is definitely outside the ANSI standards. When I had new glasses made at a different optical provider, the migraine headaches and double vision disappeared. At that point, there was not a doubt in my mind that it was the glasses that caused me years of suffering and almost $10, 000.00 in medical expenses.

Bard Optical is the assumed name of J.A.K Enterprises, Inc. When I filed a small claims case against Diana J. Hall and Bard Optical the case was dismissed because the proper name is J.A.K. Enterprises, Inc. They won on a technicality even though both Bard Optical and J.A.K. Enterprises, Inc. have the same address and Diana J. Hall is the President of both companies.

I hope that by reading this you will be armed with the knowledge to protect yourself and the people you love.

Bard OpticalUnprofessional business ethic

The whole experience was disappointing. The doctor has no concern for the wellness of his patients. The people in the office just wanted to sell you a pair of glasses, regardless whether the glasses is necessary. Been there once and that is enough for the rest of my life!

• To
            Tom__L Mar 09, 2016

I just found out yesterday that they won't replace two pair of reading glasses that were made wrong. I can't even read the newspaper with them. I bought two pair because their 2fer deal for $70. Now they say it will be $90 to get the right prescription. And what is that horrible smell from the plastic nosepads? Cheap Crap!

• Ic
            I-Can-See-Clearly-Now Dec 03, 2014

I bought glasses at Bard in 2013 and paid my bill up front but received a notice well over a year later that I did not pay my co-pay and requested I pay it. My initial receipt included the $15 co-pay but of course since it was over a year later I didn't have a copy. They require the co-pay to be paid before they will even order the glasses. I just received a final notice to pay the $15. I am paying the bill just because I don't want to deal with it any longer but I will never use Bard Optical again. I think it's very unprofessional to just send a bill a year later without proof that I didn't pay. And even if I didn't pay, it was by fault of their employees for not charging me.

• Ri
            Rick Haywood May 29, 2012

I am on your side. That was exactly my experience with them. I have been back now for the third time and they still can't get it right. I asked for my money back and they refused. They said all they could do was keep trying. I should have know not to go to the fast food of the optical busy. I will picket them if I do not get a refund.