LensCrafters / horrible customer service

1 Tucson, AZ, United States

Here is a copy of the email I sent Lenscrafters. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Hello:

I wanted to let Lenscrafters know why I have decided to no longer patronize your store after being a happy customer for years.

When I called the Park Place store today, a woman asked if she could put me on hold for a "just a minute." I said yes, and then I proceeded to wait for over 7.5 minutes until she returned. I told her I was just about ready to hang up because of the 7.5-minute wait, and was met with silence. No apology, nothing. So, I asked her what time my March 17 appointment was, and she said she had to transfer me. Upon being transferred, I listened to the phone ring over 25 times until I decided to hang up. I called back, and again, the phone rang a number of times until I finally got a recording asking me to leave a message. This was at 1:15 p.m. on a Monday (March 12).

I figured Lenscrafters wasn't interested in keeping me as a customer, so I called Visionworks, which is located in the same mall, and made an appointment.

I then called Lenscrafters back, and finally a man answered. I told him that I needed to cancel my appointment because of the lack of customer service and I needed to transfer my records to Visionworks. The man could not have cared less about losing a longtime customer. The apathy was astounding.

I spent over $800 at your store last year in sunglasses and glasses, but evidently the employees at Lenscrafters can't be bothered to offer even a modicum of customer service.
It's a shame, because I really enjoyed my eye doctor. She was very competent and friendly.

With a support staff like this, though, it's amazing anyone remains a customer.

Thank you.