Having problems with LensCrafters?

4000 Luxottica Place
Sat9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved customer service

I ordered glasses for my son on July 13-2011. On July 23-2011 they came in but they were wrong. I was not mad...

very misleading

Took a pair of glasses that had been purchased at Lens Crafters to get the lenses replaced only. When the very nice girl there told me that it would be $232.00 for lenses only...it was quite a shocker. Now, I know it's not her fault but now I do know that this company goes for selling new frames every time you walk in. Forget that, I left and phoned my eye doctor, she does glasses there in her office, and asked what it would cost me just to replace lenses. Imagine my suprise when after my patient discount plus what my insurance covers, my total came to $42.80. I have to wait for a few days but so what? Lens Crafters lost my business and anyone else that will listen to me. Shame on them.

• Ro
    rolex452 May 12, 2013

Hi, I'm rolex452. Please see me 5/11/13 complaint of LensCrafters prices. Nowadays, you may not get ONE LENS for $232.00! I don't need to pay their rent at a fancy mall or pay Prada $1000.00 for fancy frames. Glasses should be priced for the general public. The fabulously wealthy can buy their glasses on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills...I CAN'T!

Resolved disinterest in repair

Brought in some Ray Bans to replace a broken earpiece. (2 years old). Was told it could not be fixed - disinterested in ordering part and not interested in even discussing options for repair. I persisted with questions and several people just parroted some company line about not obtaining parts from suppliers and that the sunglasses were not repairable.

Guess they must be making profit hand over fist and are disinterested in keeping my business. I suggest that you go elsewhere too and find a retailer that is actually interested in supporting their customers.

And, I am disappointed that a first-world company like Ray Ban would not stand behind the quality of their product (made in Italy) instead of expecting it to perform as poorly as chinese made crap.

• 1g
    #1 Gordon Fan Jun 20, 2011

Contact RayBan directly. LensCrafters is famous for not wanting to deal with "used" glasses. They'd much rather just get you to buy a new pair. If you can't contact RayBan, go to Sterling Optical. They've helped me with glasses that I didn't even buy there.

Resolved bad customer service

I have had the worst experience so far at Lenscrafters here in Torrance, CA. I am a new customer and wanted to try them out, and guess what?I will never go back to this company, not only that, I will tell all my friends and families how bad they are.I ordered my glasses on March 31 and it has been 4 weeks still no glasses!!Today is April 27!!!I never received calls from them, I have to call them all the time and everytime I got a different time frame.They have so many excuses, first it was that the they made the lenses with wrong prescription, second time it was the lenses didn't pass inspection in the factory level, the last time I called, it is about the weather in Ohio!!Give me a break!!!

I am so pissed at them, seriously, I have been wearing glasses since I was 16 and I have never ever been treated like this.There is no customer service, each time I have to call to check the status of my lenses and everytime when I call, it seems that I am bothering them!!What a crappy company, I paid over 350 dollars out of pocket and this is the service I get!

Don't go to lenscrafters, you will end up paying top dollar for the worst service!!!

I am gonna go to the store tomorrow to see what another excuse they will give me, stay tuned in!

• LensCrafters's response · May 17, 2011

Jennifer at LensCrafters Customer Care here. I am very sorry to hear that you have had such a negative experience with one of our locations. I would be happy to assist you with your glasses. You may reach me by emailing [email protected] or by calling (877) 753-6727, option 6.

• Hu
    HukE31 Apr 13, 2010

I bought 2 pair of lenses for over $550 at Lenscrafters in Charlotte, NC and the lady there did not want to give me new cases for them. I had to argue to get them. No more Lenscrafters for me. This was purchased at the Carolina Mall store on March 26, 2010. The lady was not at all friendly and made me feel like I was intruding on her time. If this is the way that they treat their customers after charging them a lot more than what they would pay at Costco they deserve to go out of business.

• Ka
    kaoru Nov 29, 2010

She should NOT have been rude about it. But, if you're not buying a new frame, there isn't a case to go with your glasses... she should have at least been able to give you a Lenscrafters case...

• As
    ASKIRT Feb 21, 2012

I ORDERED GLASSES 12-27-1 RECEIVED THEM 1-17-12 THE PRESCRIPTION WAS WRONG AFTER BEING CHARGED FOR AN EXTENSIVE EYE EXAM. ORDERED ANOTHER PAIR WITHOUT KNOWING THAT PERSCRIPTION WAS WRONG BECAUSE I HADN'T WORN GLASSES A WHOLE DAY AND THOUGHT IT WAS JUST GETTING ADJUSTED FOR THE FIRST TIME NO LINE BI-FOCAL . THE MANAGER/DOCTOR REFUSED TO GIVE ME ANOTHER EYE EXAMED AND EXPLAINED HOW THE MONEY WOULD COME OUT OF THE STORE IF THEY CORRECTED THE LENSES FROM OTHER STORE, EXCUSE ME. I WAITED THREE AND A HALF HOURS AND LEFT THERE WITHOUT GLASSES STILL. THEY ARE AWFUL AND EXPENSIVE AND I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK.

Resolved unnecessary glasses

In May 2009 I had an eye exam at LensCrafters and was told, though I was shocked, that my vision was poor and that I needed glasses to safely drive and for everyday wear.

I was pushed into all of the expensive bells and whistles (sunglasses, anti-glare, scratch resistance, etc), though I had the option to refuse the extras.

Two years later I got an exam by an independent optometrist. They checked my glasses from LensCrafters and said that the left lens is plain glass and the right lens is the lowest possible prescription. They said I don't need glasses at all.

I paid LensCrafters almost $1000 out-of-pocket. They are criminals.

Marge Gunderson May 07, 2011

Not to blame the victim, but didn't you notice there was little or no difference with them? LensCrappers is known throughout as rock bottom in honesty, value and quality. It is right down there with America's Worst.

FYI, with a quarter diopter of correction (the lowest unit), you generally see better with nothing at all. It's like looking through a window – no matter how clean and clear, you see better looking out with no glass in the way.

I know trying to tell through the phoroptor (the "better one, or better two?" part) can be overwhelming and confusing, and your eyes get tired and they all start to look alike eventually :^D . But if you don't see a noticeable improvement with the actual glasses, refuse to take them or pay, and assertively fight for a refund of any deposits.

• Gr8gramie May 07, 2011

Thanks, I was trying to figure out who to go to this time.
    I do know that when I got a pair of RX tinted glasses at Lens Crafters some yrs bk, I had asked for "Amber colored." Since the amber allows me to see better at night.
    They gave me a dark brown. I told them, no. . . Amber! She read her memo and told the man, she wanted Amber.
    Went bk and they still didn't get it right. I told her that Amber is the color of pee !
    She was shocked at the word I used but they just couldn't get it. During the first order, I did tell her Amber was a yellowish tint and you can see at night as if the sun were just going down.
    I paid for the darker glasses and walked out. Never been back.
    But that was in Woodland Hills, CA at the Topanga mall.
    I had thought that, perhaps not all Lens Crafters were not alike. But after reading about them here, I give thanks.

Gr8gramie

• Sr
    srchng4care May 13, 2011

i feel bad cause you got ripped off but couldnt you tell that your vision was okay i mean i just dont get how they could of pushed you into buying glasses and even after receiving the glasses you couldnt tell that there really wasnt much of difference???

stay away

After having a bad experience at Eyemasters in the same mall your store is in, I went to Lenscrafters to find new glasses. The person that helped me that day was Peggy. She seemed very knowlegeable and friendly and willing to help me. I told her what I was looking for, the price I had paid without my insurance at Eyemasters ($279.99) for designer Armani frames and Essilor lens with progressives and transitions, uv, scratch resistance-everything! I have Eyemed insurance. She called your lab to see if you have the verilux physio 360 lens and she said that they did. She put it my insurance info in the computer, she put in a generic frame with a cost of $200.00 and supposidly everything I wanted including scotchguard. She gave me a total of $277.00 for everything. She even showed that to me on the computer. I advised her that I had to get my refund back from Eyemasters (since they did not line up the bi-focal properly the glasses were a mess). I kept in touch with her over the next few days to let her know how that process was going. When I got my refund back, I called her and advised that I would like to come in and pick out a frame and purchase the glasses. I double checked again to make sure the price was as quoted as I had done every time I spoke with her. She stated each time that it was. I told her I could come in on Friday (July 10) She stated that she was off that day and that I could speak with her co-worker Sandy that day. My sister and I went up there Friday and I chose a pair of frames that were $220.00 D & G dd5028 in bronze. I wasn't sure about the color on the temples so I was advised to drive to the Cedar Hill store or the Southlake store to view them in another color or see other frames available. I then drove all the way to Cedar Hill. I live in Mansfield, so this was not close to my home. I arrived at the Cedar Hill location and they were very busy so I had to wait quite a while. They were out of that frame and had ordered a pair in black for another person but it was already sealed and ready to be shipped to another customer. I then left, but was advised that I could go to the North Park Mall location in Dallas to see them and other glasses. That was much, much farther to drive and I didn't go, it was bad enough that I had wasted time and gas going to the Cedar Hill Location and the trips to the Parks Mall in Arlington. I went back to the Parks Mall location in Arlington on Monday. Sandy was there since Peggy was off work that day too. I decided I would go ahead and get the bronze ones. She looked in the computer for my information, typed in my RX and proceeded to fill my order, did measurements, etc. When she was done, the price was almost $500! I didn't understand why. I explained that this was not what was quoted to me. She had the manager Charles to look at the order and he advised that I wait until Peggy comes back to work on Tuesday and let her do the order since she would know what she had done. I waited to receive a call on Tuesday, but instead I had to call her. They were busy in the store she stated, and she would call me back in about 30 minutes. 2.5 hours later, she called me. She stated she was still working on it and would call me back. She did call me back and said she realized that she had forgotten to add something to the order and that's why there is a big difference int he price. So, I have wasted almost a week with this! I've wasted time and money driving here and there for her to have misquoted me on the price! Shouldn't the price be honored since your employee quoted it to me directly and showed that price on your computers!!! I was assured when I spoke with your employees that you were much better than Eyemasters and that you stand behind your products and customer service is your main objective. I'm not seeing it. Sounds too much like a bait and switch to me. I will be posting this letter and my experience with your company around the internet.

I would like for them to honor the price they quoted me for what I requested. Or, they can do it for a even more discounted price or free since this has been such a big inconvenience. I've found numerous complaints all over the internet regarding Lenscrafters/Luxottica business practices and how customers are being treated.

santa cruz Bear Jan 13, 2012

AVOID!!! Luxotica is the WORST company on the planet... I sent my glasses in for a lens replacement, , , 3 months later, , no glasses, , after being hung up on, , , told lies, different stories, , passing the buck, , , AVOID, or you will be sorry!.. AVOID ray ban, sears, lenscrafters, pearl 1, sunglass hut, , , , , , HONESTLY.. go somewhere else, , even if it cost you more, , , , , , LUXUTICA STINKS<<<<<<<<<

awful managers

So you wonder why you get poor service, glasses filled incorrectly, rude associates. Well lets see one day you can be running a Pawn Shop and the next day with no Optical knowledge be a General Manager at a Lenscrafters.

They hire only the worst of the worst so they can pay them low salaries.

There is horrible morale in the stores. The full time associates are hired for 35 plus hours per week but, when the stores are not making goal, their hours are cut in half.

Do yourself a favor ensure that the Optical store you choose to get your glasses from are run by Opticians, not Pawn Shop workers...

• He
    helloit'sme Jun 04, 2011

and the worst part? Pearle Vision, Sears/Target/Penny's optical, and sunglass hut are all the same company.

• Oc
    octopus Apr 30, 2012

Only some JC Penney Optical stores are owned by Luxottica; others are owned by US Vision. US Vision is just as bad however! I just wanted to clarify that ;)

Resolved customer service, lost money

I purchased a pair of eyeglasses and contact lenses at Lenscrafters. When I opened the boxes of contact...

Resolved bad eyeglasses - bad service

I went into LensCrafters (store #5617) in Menomonee Falls, WI for a routine eye exam. The optometrist said that I needed new lenses, so I placed an order for lenses only since my frames are one of a kind. When I received my frames back they were bent up and the prescription was totally off. I was told that I "just had to get used to it". 7 visits, 4 lens replacements (due to incorrect pupil distance measurements by LC staff and 1 incorrect prescription reading by a LC optometrists) any many encounters with a rude and untrained staff, I am left with damaged frames and lenses that give me headaches and blurred vision. I did receive a full refund for the bogus lenses and a quick "I'm sorry", but had to write in a letter to corporate headquarters to seek reimbursement for the rushed and inefficient eye exam that I received. I will not be returning to LensCrafters in the future and am currently seeking resolution to my vision issues with a local, private optometrist office.

• LensCrafters's response · Mar 22, 2011

Hi I'm Holly w/ LensCrafters. I am very sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience. I would be happy to contact the store location about this incident and see how we can help you get this resolved. Please feel free to email any additional details to [email protected] or call our Customer Care Center at 877-753-6727 anyone at this number will be able to assist you.

sabe4554 Jun 13, 2011

I am currently going through the same thing and am very frustrated with the fact that they just look at me like oh well to bad.

worst optician i've ever de

Advertise glasses in one hour but not when the blow the script. Went there on Monday (3/14/11) and have since as of today 3/17/11 spend 6 hours waiting for 3 separate trips. See how long I'll have to wait this evening as I still haven't received a properly prepared pair of glasses.
Do not use this vendor is at all possible to avoid so doing.
Wayne

Resolved extremely terrible service

I made the poor choice of visiting the Lenscrafters Optique location in Clairemont on Feb. 5. It was the...

Resolved faulty product/no warranty

Bought a pair of glasses-overpriced at $525., but my wife liked the frames & service was fast. At 12 1/2...

Resolved unacceptable service

Over $600 and two months later, I had two pairs of glasses, one with an improper lens, and the other with a cracked lens. Had to go through 3 doctor visits. Sure wish I had read about the poor service of this company. Went to another company and a week later I have a great pair of glasses. Meantime, I'm stuck with two pair of overpriced, worthless glasses. Don't let LensCrafters employees tell you, "Nothing is wrong with the glasses, they just take a while to get used to." All they want to do is get you past the 30 day guarantee return date. Don't let them change the quality of the lens to less than what you originally ordered. When the company gets irritated, watch out that they don't over tighten your lens in the glasses on purpose so they crack. Avoid buying from LensCrafters! They have my money and I have worthless glasses.

• LensCrafters's response · Feb 16, 2011

Hi I'm Holly w/ LensCrafters. I am sorry you are unhappy with your purchases. We currently offer a 90 satisfaction guarantee. You may return or exchange any purchase within 90 days for any reason at all. If the lenses cracked, or the lenses were ordered incorrectly we will gladly correct our mistake and get you in the correct lenses. Please email me with the details of your experience including your name and the location you visisted. I will be happy to investigate and see if we can appease this situation. [email protected] Thanks!

Resolved over a month and still have not recieved glasses

After a bad experience 4 years ago I decided to give Lens crafters another chance. January 9th, 2011, I had a eye exam, ordered glasses and paid for them in full. I was told it would be no longer then 2 weeks and i would have my glasses. Needless to say, I pay over 600 dollars for my glasses. It is now February 4th, 2011 and I have yet to recieve my glasses. I recieved no curtisy calls to explain the situation. I have had to call each week only to get a run around and attitude. I personally will never be a customer there again I have had the same exaxt problem twice, 4 years ago and present. I realize it is not a fluke its Lens Crafters that is the problem...

• LensCrafters's response · Feb 16, 2011

Hi I"m Holly w/ LensCrafters. I am sorry you experienced such a long delay on your glasses. As well as, not being happy with the service you received. If you could email the details of your experience including the name and location you visited I would be happy to investigate this incident to see if there is any way we can assist.

John Cahill Feb 15, 2011

As a member of The BBB, Lenscrafters has an "unsatisfactory" rating.
    You can easily receive the BBB report.
    Call The BBB and you will receive an automated service that will ask you to type in lenscrafters local phone number.
    You will immediately find out lenscrafters has for years earned The BBB's lowest rating.
    Lenscrafter is not the only national optical that has earned very low marks for price issues and service issues. "Consumer Reports" lists other national opticals to strongly avoid due to excessive and very misleading pricing, regular & repeated consumer complaints regarding "Bait & Switch" issues and much, much more.
    When you call a doctor's office or optical and ask "how much is" regarding contacts, frames & lenses and you don't know what lenses you want, what prescription you need, what frame you prefer & what you may wish added to the lenses, you are telling the person at the doctor's office or national optical to lie to you, mislead you, say anything they've been instructed & trained during required lectures to pull you in by giving you a low price that doesn't ever-NEVER exist. Once they start writing up your order and the prices are always $100.- $300. higher than they stated on the phone, you'll start to learn why it is IMPOSSIBLE to shop for glasses over the phone & Internet. They are well trained by experts to lie & mislead. Once you say the well worn phrase “give me a “Ballpark or range of prices” you have told them to LIE to you, and they will lie to you. Additionally, how can you expect to receive a "Ballpark" or range of prices whan you have NO IDEA what you really need or want? Do you ever call a grocery & ask the "Ballpark" price of a bag of groceries?

no customer service... one month still no glasses

I have been a customer of Lenscrafters, in Beachwood, OHIO for years...for not only myself, but my husband and my parents. We ordered my husband $800.00 glasses on 12/24/2010...It is now January 18, 2011 and still no glasses...There is little recourse, because we only had to pay $200, since our insurance picked up the rest.

Unfortuntaely, by this being an end of the benefit year purchase, we don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get another company to cover the new glasses thru 2010. Anyway, after personally stopping by the store weekely, after the promise date of January 2, 2011, being told it will be here in 2 days EACH time I went.. I have finally had enough. I went into the store one last time, for two reasons...to understand why, throughout this situation the only communication with them has come from me...they not once called to give me or my husband any kind of update...and also to get the info for the District manager, becuase clearly the store manager has dropped the ball. It took the employees 20 mins. to come up with the corporate address and and 877 number...

On top of that, they sent a tech upfront to talk to me. The only reason I could see is that they felt that because i was African American and he too was African American, that maybe he could get me to not be upset.. Unfortunately for them, there is a reason why he is not a customer facing employee.. He proceeded to try to argue and overtalk me.. all in hopes to convince me that the loaner pair of glasses, they decided to offer today, would satisfy me.. And when I told him that I truly have no desire to have them he cotinued on, as if ignoring my request would make me take them...

Needless to say, no resolution...no promise for the glasses to be here before "at best next Monday, " and all they want to do is offer me 25% off what I paid out of pocket...

• Le
    leeward Oct 02, 2011

I am going through the exact same thing in southern California. My nine year old daughters ordered lenses that were promised 36 days ago, and I was just told that it is going to be another five days before we know any thing else. Not one phone call from any Lens Crafters employees. They tried to tell me after ten days that they came in but were the wrong prescription. At twenty days they said that they were back ordered. At twenty five days, they forced loaner glasses on her. My daughter said they hurt her eyes, and they told her that she would get used to it. After fifteen seconds she took them off herself because they hurt so much. My daughters eyes are so bad she has never taken off her glasses during the day, only at night when she gives them to me so she can go to sleep. At thirty days I called again, and was told that they would be shipped from Texas on Friday the Thirty fifth day. I called today on day 36, and of course was told that they were not even ready to be shipped from an outsourced site, that then ships to the Texas facility, that then ships to my local Lens Crafters. I was told to call back on day 41 to check the "eta" estimated time of arrival. I am not lying, that is what I am being told "call back in five days to check the eta". To do this to an adult is appalling, to do this to a nine year old girl is UNACCEPTABLE. She had school pictures 2 days ago, and had to take them with glasses that are OBVIOUSLY super-glued right between her eyes. Help!

• *Brenda Oct 02, 2011

My name is Brenda and I'm a low-life.I like to go on http://www.complaintsboard.com and diss people because I have nothing better to do.My 600 lb. husband left me for a beautiful blonde who was 18 years old and 110 lbs.Me?I'm a 1, 000 lb. 50 year old woman who never worked a day in my life and I sit on my ### all day and collect money from the government.I think I'm perfect and everybody else never does anything right.I make fun of people who have learning disabilities because I'm that pathetic and heartless.I also don't care if people say I'm pathetic and heartless because...well...I am!My name is Brenda and I'm the reason you all pay taxes and shoot yourselves.

Resolved rude

I went into the Lenscrafters in the Provo Town Center on Saturday night about 3 hours before closing. The...

misleading service

When I came in for my eye exam I showed the guy my insurance card. I told him I that my insurance pays for my eye exams, my lenses and $75.00 off my frames. He looked at me and said nothing. I went in for my eye exam, picked out glasses as well as sun glasses. When we said down to do paperwork he informed me I was out of network for my insurance. That they could give me 15% off my eye exam and 30% off my glasses. He knew I was out of network the whole time and said nothing. How unprofessional and unethical. I work in the health professional, we always tell a patient immediately that they are out of network. You don't wait until the person racks up a bill to tell them. I was expecting not to pay for my eye exam but instead I had a $50. bill. I would never do business with them again.

Resolved horrible customer service and they don't stand behind their warranty

I bought a pair of Oakley glasses from Lenscrafters on July 17th 2010. I only needed a backup pair of glasses, since I wear contacts most of the time, but certain frames give me headaches because I have TMJ, so I ended up choosing a frame by Oakley that fit similar to my non-prescription Oakley sunglasses (because they are the most perfect fitting frames!) In the store, I wore the frames around (with the non-prescription lenses in them) and they fit great! I usually have the problem of glasses falling off my face because they are too wide at the temples or just because I have oily skin, but these actually fit! I told one of the employees that those were the ones I wanted, paid, and was told that I would be contacted when the glasses were finished.
**This is where all the problems started**
I went back to the store a couple days later to pick up my glasses, and I made sure to try them on before I left, good thing, because they were stretched out! It took about 20 minutes worth of heating and bending and heating and bending to get them back to near- normal. They said it may take a few adjustments to get them right, which I didn't like, but I went with it.
Now, it's September, and I have been back several times to adjust the frames and they still are not right! When they are adjusted, and fit correctly, I try to wear them, but they come out of adjustment within an hour! I can't take it anymore, so I took the glasses and the receipt back to the store and asked what they could do for me under their 90 day guarantee. **SHOCKER** They said there was nothing they could do except keep adjusting them! I was so angry at that moment, I told the manager that I just want them to take the glasses back and give me a refund! Obviously, they didn't want to lose any money, so they offered free adjustments and cleanings whenever I needed them (umm, I thought that was offered to EVERYONE, ALL THE TIME.) When I refused, and told them that I would be satisfied when they give me my money back, the manager said that he would not do that because it had been over 30 days since I bought my glasses! I reminded him of the "90 day UNCODITIONAL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE" that the company so boldly advertises, and without hesitation, he said "Oh, you don't get that, you bought your glasses the day before that started."
WHAT???!!! I could not believe it! I was so mad that I left the store before I said some very unprofessional things! That evening, I sent an email to Lenscfrafters Customer Service telling them how dissatisfied I was (AM!) The next day I received a call saying that they were contacting the store manager concerning the situation, and that I would receive another call in a few days. The day after that, the local store manager called and said that he absolutely would not refund my money, that he would only adjust my current frames. Then he said "Or I can exchange those frames for a less expensive pair of 'regular' frames- but I won't refund the difference." I told that guy "NO WAY" that I was not being scammed out of any more of my money, and that I would contact the regional manager, or higher, and attempt to solve my problem that way. He tried to intimidate me by telling me that all problems come down to the store manager, and that I would only be dealing with him, not anyone with more authority.
My thoughts right now are as simple as this: We'll see about that.

• LensCrafters's response · Sep 21, 2010

Hi I"m Holly with LensCrafters. I am sorry to hear you are having such a negative experience with our store. If you could please email/call with your name I will be happy to contact our Regional director for the Goldsboro, NC location to see if there is anything we can do for you. You may email me at [email protected] or call our call center at 877-486-6486. Any one will be able to assist you if you decide to call. I hope we can help get this resolved for you.

Resolved never again

I was under the impression, from advertisements, that Lenscrafters was the best place to go for inexpensive eyewear, as well as good eye doctors.

I had an exam by one doctor, then had to have a repeat exam, because the first doctor got all my information incorrect, lens were wrong, strength was wrong... then after seeing the second doctor, they ordered my glasses I picked out. Those glasses were sent back five times, and it took a total of five months to receive my glasses.

I would NEVER return to this place!!! Besides, the prices are very high and their work is not that good.

• LensCrafters's response · Aug 16, 2010

Hi I'm Holly with Lenscrafters. I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with your experience at our store. Please call or email and we will be happy to try to rectify the situation. 1-877-753-6727 or [email protected]

• Bi
    Bivaris Nov 19, 2009

I had an exam at LensCrafters in LA. When it came time to purchase glasses, the guy who was helping me was told to go home because the company was trying to save money by reducing hours. The two remaining employees had an argument over who had to help me.

I ordered 3 pair. Two were made wrong. The employee argued with me over whether they were really wrong. You'd think I know, given that I couldn't see. When I finally convinced him to take a closer look, sure enough he found that the measurements were wrong. When I went back to pick them up, one was right and the other was wrong again. So now I had two good pairs and one wrong pair.

When I returned the third time, I was told that they had been made incorrectly again and needed to be made a third time. No one offered an apology for the inconvenience and they behaved like they just wanted to get me out of there. Clearly there is no quality control, not enough staff and no consideration for customers' time or frustration. I will never go back.

• Wa
    WarrenHeath Feb 16, 2010

After the forth pair of lens they still can't get it right. Now they refuse to refund my money, they want to keep trying to get the lens right. 7 weeks 4th pair ! I think not.
    I've worn glasses for 30 years and never have I had as poor of quality as from them.
    I've never returned a pair of glasses ever in my life. These lens are crap. They even used (so they said) the best material they have.
    Well they have poor techs working on them too, first 3 lens they gave me had scratches all over them. But they asked why I couldn't just wear them like that!
    I told them the Purple Fringe was the worst I've ever seen, the head tech asked me what that was.
    I told him I would expect someone in his position should know that.
    (look it up on internet)

If you are doing your research and looking for quality... DO NOT GO TO LENSCRAFTERS !

Resolved incompetent staff

Lenscrafters, Mall of Prince Georges. Only 2 incompetent staff working there! overpriced, waited a month to get glasses that one of the incompetent staff told me had been sitting there for 2 weeks, after I repeatedly called and was told that they were not back. I told you staff was incompetent...why would they tell the customer that your glasses have been sitting here for 2 weeks!I am not going to go into detail about this store, but I will say...you will never, ever get another dollar of mine! Your "quality assurance" is defined as - Staff digs through a pile of blue trays, pulls out a pair of glasses and sprays on a solution. Then wipes them down and put on your face. Then they act like you are taking to long while trying to see if they are okay. Wonder why you have so many complaints...pay your staff a decent salary, and they will perform better! Remember..."word of mouth is the best advertisement that any store can get"! I should have had a clue when a lady made a comment about waiting a long time and walked out!

I know someone from your staff will respond to this...I don't really care what you say. Just like I read what others had to say, after I ordered glasses. I hope someone will read this and see what they are getting in to before they order glasses!

• LensCrafters's response · Aug 09, 2010

Hi, I'm Holly with LensCrafters. I'm so sorry you feel you had a negative experience in the store. I would like to investigate your issue with the store. If you could please e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at 877-753-6727 to provide details of your experience we would be happy to look into the problem.

• Dp
    DP1518 Nov 29, 2010

We are under-staffed and over-worked at most locations, you are correct about that. Depending on where you work I guess. Our MBE (mind blowing experience, yes I know it sounds corney as hell) is to put your frames on the tray with your glasses and cleaning cloth with the case on there too. For an associate to do that, I'm surprised...maybe they didn't have the correct number to reach you at? That's happened to me few times with people who don't pay their phone bill or something and then get cranky at me when I am unable to call them. Try to give the workers the benefit of the doubt cause we spend most of our day getting yelled at by people who don't understand how under-staffed most locations are.